PDA

View Full Version : oakland raiders and the player's union

maestro
06-16-2007, 08:08 AM
shut down the summer workouts..

allegedly for being TOO INTENSE.....

raider players have protested to the union....

raider coaches shut drills down.....

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by maestro
shut down the summer workouts..

allegedly for being TOO INTENSE.....

raider players have protested to the union....

raider coaches shut drills down.....

What is this world coming to?

JR2004
06-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Last year it was the Lions complaining...This year it's the Raiders.

It's no wonder that these two franchises are going nowhere and getting there real fast. I guess they should start handing out milk and cookies after every practice. Vince Lombardi is rolling over in his grave. Stuff like this is just mind-boggling. It's FOOTBALL for crying out loud not tiddlywinks!

DDBooger
06-16-2007, 01:08 PM
what did yall expect? when you attach BUSINESS to any sport it becomes more about not damaging the goods then improving the product! im sure any team today would do the same BESIDES the patriots. Look at the Giants the last two years, revolt against the coach after every downturn!

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
what did yall expect? when you attach BUSINESS to any sport it becomes more about not damaging the goods then improving the product! im sure any team today would do the same BESIDES the patriots. Look at the Giants the last two years, revolt against the coach after every downturn!

Hey Booger, that makes a lot of sense.

:clap:

g$$
06-16-2007, 04:24 PM
NFL Players Association is out of control. Blame Gene Upshaw (a Texan) for this. Roger Goodell better get him in line before it hurts the league long-term. I personally like Goodell's work cracking down on player behavior off the field.

DDBooger
06-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by g$$
NFL Players Association is out of control. Blame Gene Upshaw (a Texan) for this. Roger Goodell better get him in line before it hurts the league long-term. I personally like Goodell's work cracking down on player behavior off the field. actually most players believe Upshaw is in line, in fact in the commish' pocket. he gets a lot of criticism for bending to the owners demands. it has prevented a lot of lock outs, but i've heard some deragatory phrases calling him a house N-bomb. Completely over the line, but in all honesty how do you take sides when millionares fight billionaires lmao. i don't care who gets what, just get that football game in my tv or on the field.

g$$
06-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
actually most players believe Upshaw is in line, in fact in the commish' pocket. he gets a lot of criticism for bending to the owners demands. it has prevented a lot of lock outs, but i've heard some deragatory phrases calling him a house N-bomb. Completely over the line, but in all honesty how do you take sides when millionares fight billionaires lmao. i don't care who gets what, just get that football game in my tv or on the field.

Upshaw has gotten full of himself. I have read quotes from guys who played with him who say he has changed. He may be in the owners' pocket, but he is certainly not doing things for the players of previous generations (like pensions, health care, disabilities, etc.). I don't care for him. But give him credit for this: he knows where his bread is buttered, much like Donald Fehr for MLB Players.

DDBooger
06-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by g$$
but he is certainly not doing things for the players of previous generations (like pensions, health care, disabilities, etc.). I don't care for him. But give him credit for this: he knows where his bread is buttered, much like Donald Fehr for MLB Players. agreed

burnet44
06-16-2007, 05:31 PM
let em go on strike
let em find jobs
I have no sympathy for them
it is all about money
the money they make
the money the league makes off of them

as long as its all about money
I dont really care about ethier

I do find it funny
new coach is a real young guy with the Raiders
so much for hiring a young guy who can RELATE to the new kind of player

I kinda like this guy
even if Al runs him too

we just had 3 a days at fb camp
and kids PAID for this

work em hard
make them earn it

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
let em go on strike
let em find jobs
I have no sympathy for them
it is all about money
the money they make
the money the league makes off of them

as long as its all about money
I dont really care about ethier

I do find it funny
new coach is a real young guy with the Raiders
so much for hiring a young guy who can RELATE to the new kind of player

I kinda like this guy
even if Al runs him too

we just had 3 a days at fb camp
and kids PAID for this

work em hard
make them earn it

:p

maestro
06-16-2007, 06:44 PM
44.....i like what you're saying.....

THAT builds self esteem......

ACCOMPLISHMENT after hard work......

pooch
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
remember these are all the primadonnas that've had "things" done for them since HS and have been told all sorts of "things" since grade school...know what i mean?

burnet44
06-16-2007, 11:18 PM
feafef

you can figure that out