PDA

View Full Version : NBA- rank next years' teams

big daddy russ
06-15-2007, 03:44 PM
And while you're at it, rank this year's playoff teams, too. It can be one through five, one through ten, whatever.

We did something like this last year and I whiffed on most of my picks. Let's try it again and see how badly we do next season.

link (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45040&highlight=rank+teams)

THIS YEAR'S TEAMS
1. SA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix
4. Detroit (but what happened in the ECF???)
5. Houston (and I'm not just being a Texas homer... I really thought they were better than Utah. I'm still left scratching my head)
6. Denver
7. Utah
8. Golden State
9a. Cleveland
9b. LA Lakers (Kobe/LeBron would've been a fun series to watch)
11. Chicago
12. Who cares from here down... they were all pretty bad.

NEXT YEAR'S TOP FOUR IN EACH CONFERENCE
West
1. SA
2. Dallas
3. Phoenix (no matter if either Amare or Marion gets shipped)
4. Houston

East
1. Chicago
2. Detroit (will they get blown up? 'Sheed trade rumors already circling and Billups is a FA... If they rebuild, move Orlando into the top four)
3. Miami (Shaq will have another year on him, but should still be able to register 18 and 10 every night and will continue to be the most dominant prescence on the floor when he's playing... Also, a healthy squad should work wonders.)
4. Cleveland (I never really felt like they belonged there at the end of the road. Even against the Nets, I kept expecting NJ to break through and start outplaying Cleveland.)