PDA

View Full Version : Us Open

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 11:32 AM
as I am watching the tourny, it makes me wish that other courses would set up a little tougher...I think the set up at Oakmont is a little too much, but I like the idea of even par being a good score again...

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Paul Casey is the only golfer under par so far in today's round and he's -4:eek:

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 11:49 AM
and played a nice shot out of the bunker to stay there...

football4life
06-15-2007, 12:34 PM
this course is amazing. it's tiger time now, hope he plays well.

Adidas410s
06-15-2007, 01:40 PM
This course is tough...but fair. Remember, the members play it in very similar conditions. The greens usually run at about 11-12 instead of 14+...but other than that it's pretty much the same setup. They just don't play it quite so long and #9 is a Par 5 instead of a Par 4.

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 03:01 PM
If Tiger Woods is so good why can't he hit the ball straight?

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 04:45 PM
These guys aren't doing so good.

shankbear
06-15-2007, 04:53 PM
The course broke out a can of whup a$$. These boys look like every 3ADL hacker.

shankbear
06-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Is anybody else sick of poooor tiger woods saying " g** damn" after the stupid shots he hits. He shows his ignorance when he opens his mouth that way. Use your talent tiger. Would you mum kiss that potty mouth?

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Is anybody else sick of poooor tiger woods saying " g** damn" after the stupid shots he hits. He shows his ignorance when he opens his mouth that way. Use your talent tiger. Would you mum kiss that potty mouth?

He shows his ignorance? :confused:

football4life
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM
well i definitely can't say that i go a round without venturing to the bottom of the word pile

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Congrats to Colin Montgomerie on his 82 today:clap:

Looks like Lefty may make the cut after all as the projected cut is currently at +11

shankbear
06-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Kep....I mean it in the sense that he knows that he is on camera all the time and that there are open mics on the course all the time. It is simply low class and unnecessary. He can let his clubs do the talking.

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
there is more to golf than hitting it straight...and the open courses are incredibly difficult...plus it's the US OPEN

i can't believe that there are still tiger haters out there...
i do agree that he could control his language better, but who couldn't...if you've ever been in a competitive atmosphere, i'm sure you can understand, not excuse, but understand that his intensity gets the better of him at times...i'm sure as he grows as a father, he will pay more attention to what comes out of his mouth...trust me on that one, tiger

shankbear
06-15-2007, 08:30 PM
No Tiger hater here. Just looking for public civility in what has always been a gentleman's sport. The rough conditions are always present in the U.S. Open. People are people but he has the spotlight on him all the time. On more than one occasion I have had to explain to my nephews why he said some very off-colored remarks.

District303aPastPlayer
06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
It is simply low class and unnecessary.

Wow. Tiger Woods and low class being used together just shocks me. Have you never said that? Granted he knows there are camera's, but he's a professional athlete in heated competition. I'm sure EVERYONE has been in that moment where nothing is thought about before you say it...

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
understandable...i'll tell him to work on it...

shankbear
06-15-2007, 08:44 PM
It is low class and totally unnecessary. Said it again. Mean it again. If it was Adam Scott or David Toms or Phil Mickelson I would say the exact same thing. Players have been fined and it is quite appropriate.

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
there is more to golf than hitting it straight...and the open courses are incredibly difficult...plus it's the US OPEN

i can't believe that there are still tiger haters out there...
i do agree that he could control his language better, but who couldn't...if you've ever been in a competitive atmosphere, i'm sure you can understand, not excuse, but understand that his intensity gets the better of him at times...i'm sure as he grows as a father, he will pay more attention to what comes out of his mouth...trust me on that one, tiger

It just seems like with the talent he has that he would be able to hit the fairway more than it seems he does. I bet his stats are great, but it just seems like every time I turn around watching him play he is hitting his second shot out of the rough or out of the trees. He has enough talent though that he hits great shots from these spots!

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
i told you i would mention it to him...i agree, he is in the spotlight and should know better...he is fined, it is just not publicly done like other professional sports...

bobcat1
06-16-2007, 05:16 AM
I guess I would be listed in the Low Class Pool. When I play, cussing is gonna happen. :D