PDA

View Full Version : That sucks!

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
:(

4 teenagers killed, car hits train Associated Press

BAYTOWN — Six teenagers in a stolen car slammed into a freight train parked at a railroad crossing early Thursday, killing four of them and leaving another in critical condition, authorities said. The impact tore the roof off the teenager’s Jeep Cherokee as it skidded under a tanker before winding up on the other side of the tracks, said Lt. John Martin, a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff’s Department.

Authorities believe the 15-year-old driver didn’t see the train until it was too late around 4 a.m. at the dark intersection, which didn’t have a crossing gate or lights.

“I’m told it’s just a horrific scene,” Martin said.

Three 14-year-olds and a 13-year-old, all of whom were seated in the back, were killed. The driver and a 15-year-old in the passenger seat were airlifted to a Houston hospital, where the driver was listed as critical and the other as stable.

“There were some short skid marks,” Martin said. “It would appear the driver noticed the train immediately before impact.”

Angeleyes
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:(

4 teenagers killed, car hits train Associated Press

BAYTOWN — Six teenagers in a stolen car slammed into a freight train parked at a railroad crossing early Thursday, killing four of them and leaving another in critical condition, authorities said. The impact tore the roof off the teenager’s Jeep Cherokee as it skidded under a tanker before winding up on the other side of the tracks, said Lt. John Martin, a spokesman for the Harris County Sheriff’s Department.

Authorities believe the 15-year-old driver didn’t see the train until it was too late around 4 a.m. at the dark intersection, which didn’t have a crossing gate or lights.

“I’m told it’s just a horrific scene,” Martin said.

Three 14-year-olds and a 13-year-old, all of whom were seated in the back, were killed. The driver and a 15-year-old in the passenger seat were airlifted to a Houston hospital, where the driver was listed as critical and the other as stable.

“There were some short skid marks,” Martin said. “It would appear the driver noticed the train immediately before impact.”

That's really sad:(

Ranger Mom
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
That was NOT what I wanted to read after eating lunch.....:(

pirate4state
06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I read about this yesterday. Two of the girls that died in this wreck had snuck out of their home!! :( Truly a terrible tragedy. It happened like at 4 a.m. :dispntd: :speech:

It happened around 4:30am on East Archer near Fleming just outside of Baytown.

Authorities say six teenagers -- three males and three females -- were traveling at a high rate of speed in a Jeep Cherokee. The driver apparently didn't see the train at the crossing and was unable to stop in time. Deputies say the driver slammed into the train and ended up underneath a tanker car.

Two of the victims who died in the accident have been identified as Loral Moyers, 12, and her cousin Macy Moyers, 14. Loral Moyers' father spoke to Eyewitness News and explained how he just sat down with his daughter last night and talked about the rules of the household for the summer. He realized after checking through the house in the middle of the night that she was gone.

"They would have had families and they would have been sitting right where we were, ironing out rules and regulations on how things were going to go in the household," said Doug Moyers. "It wasn't a loose household. We knew they were gone. That's how aware we are. We knew they were gone when they were gone. They did what a lot of kids do, slip out and think, you know, we'll just go and then this happens."

The male driver and male front seat passenger were both taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition.

One male and three females in the backseats were confirmed dead at the scene.

Union Pacific Spokesman Joe Arbona said the train was moving slowly or stopped. The sheriff's office says the plates on the SUV came back as stolen.

The other victims have not been identified.

We have a crew on the scene and we'll bring you the latest throughout the morning on this developing story.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

Ranger Mom
06-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I read about this yesterday. Two of the girls that died in this wreck had snuck out of their home!! :( Truly a terrible tragedy. It happened like at 4 a.m. :dispntd: :speech:

It happened around 4:30am on East Archer near Fleming just outside of Baytown.

Authorities say six teenagers -- three males and three females -- were traveling at a high rate of speed in a Jeep Cherokee. The driver apparently didn't see the train at the crossing and was unable to stop in time. Deputies say the driver slammed into the train and ended up underneath a tanker car.

Two of the victims who died in the accident have been identified as Loral Moyers, 12, and her cousin Macy Moyers, 14. Loral Moyers' father spoke to Eyewitness News and explained how he just sat down with his daughter last night and talked about the rules of the household for the summer. He realized after checking through the house in the middle of the night that she was gone.

"They would have had families and they would have been sitting right where we were, ironing out rules and regulations on how things were going to go in the household," said Doug Moyers. "It wasn't a loose household. We knew they were gone. That's how aware we are. We knew they were gone when they were gone. They did what a lot of kids do, slip out and think, you know, we'll just go and then this happens."

The male driver and male front seat passenger were both taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital in critical condition.

One male and three females in the backseats were confirmed dead at the scene.

Union Pacific Spokesman Joe Arbona said the train was moving slowly or stopped. The sheriff's office says the plates on the SUV came back as stolen.

The other victims have not been identified.

We have a crew on the scene and we'll bring you the latest throughout the morning on this developing story.
(Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

OMG!! I cannot imagine getting that phone call/visit!!

pirate4state
06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! I cannot imagine getting that phone call/visit!! I'm having a real hard time with the ages of these kids and the stones they had to sneak out of the house at that age!!! I just can't even believe it!

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm having a real hard time with the ages of these kids and the stones they had to sneak out of the house at that age!!! I just can't even believe it!
I'm right there with you!

44INAROW
06-15-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm having a real hard time with the ages of these kids and the stones they had to sneak out of the house at that age!!! I just can't even believe it!
it's not like the snuck out to go tp a house or something - they were in a stolen vehicle @ 4:00AM as well......... what a nightmare for the parents......... :(

AP Panther Fan
06-15-2007, 02:19 PM
horrible....I am wondering about the stolen vehicle part...wonder if it was a family member or they actually just stole it out of someone's driveway...:( :dispntd: