PDA

View Full Version : Burnet vs. Ingram / 54-0

lildawg07
11-02-2002, 12:10 AM
Burnet played a good game. Keep winning!

BurnetBulldog
11-02-2002, 12:50 AM
The first half of the game Burnet moved the ball effortlessly and scored at will. The big three (Miller, Shipley, and McGee) provided the fireworks.

Second half of the game Burnet still controlled the game yet was not as fluid as the first half. Shipley was called for a fumble which it appeared from my view pt (along with everyone in the stands) that the ground caused the fumble.

One key thing Burnet should work on is the kicking game (extra pt.) Hate to see a championship game come down to either an extra pt or a field goal. Don't get me wrong the kicker (don't know his name off hand) can kick some bombs but needs to work on accuracey.

Also was a little baffled on when Shipley was apparently injured on a helmet hit to his elbow that the coaches didn't take him out of the next play. Especially when it was 4th down and Ingram was going for it (without much chance of making it based on the previous 3 quarters) and Shipley was needed to return the punt. For the most part the coaches make good decisions and it was more than likely Shipley who kept himself in there but it's not needed. They shouldn't take a chance with any of their weapons when all of the remaining games are huge now.

The game was well worth the drive for me and my friend (grads 90 and 89) from Austin. We'll be there with some more Burnet grads when Burnet takes on undefeated Liberty Who...I mean Liberty Hill ;-) Since all I can base LH on is what I've heard through the message boards is that they have a good running game and decent D. However, I think Burnet has too many weapons (besides the big 3) for LH to cover. I expect a much better game this next week with the obvious edge going to Burnet (35 - 21).