PDA

View Full Version : Spurs are the 2007 NBA Champions

JHS_c/o_06'
06-14-2007, 10:52 PM
congratulations.....thats enough celebrating.......it's time to start working on the repeat and #5 in 10 years.

piratebg
06-14-2007, 10:54 PM
There was some excitement in the end of the fourth, but the Spurs never stopped fighting.

piratebg
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
Tony Parker is the Finals MVP

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
06-14-2007, 11:17 PM
woohoo way to go spurs

Mavs still suck

smustangs
06-14-2007, 11:18 PM
weres reggie when i need a good laugh?

44INAROW
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Congrats to the San Antonio Spurs :clap: :clap: :clap:

bulldogman06
06-14-2007, 11:37 PM
you mean 5th in 9 years, since we won it in 99, this was the 4th in 8 years. not sure why everyone is messing that up....

Bull Butter
06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
GO SPURS GO!!! 2007 NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

As someone who has been a Spurs fan since their ABA days in 1974, this never gets old! I only wish I could be in downtown SA partying with all the fans:D

BIG_STICK
06-14-2007, 11:45 PM
IT MAKES ME SICK WHNE I HEAR THEM PUT THEM IN THESAME SENTENCE WITH CELTICS LAKERS BULLS OF OLD THIS TEAM WOULD GET MOPPED BY ALL THOSE TEAMS. CONGRATS YALL BEAT A ONE MAN SHOW CAUGHT A BREAK AGAINST THE SUNS. THIS TEAM SHOULD EVEN BE CONSIDERED A DYNASTY AN BTW THE PATS ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM THIS PAST DECADE

Bull Butter
06-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by BIG_STICK
IT MAKES ME SICK WHNE I HEAR THEM PUT THEM IN THESAME SENTENCE WITH CELTICS LAKERS BULLS OF OLD THIS TEAM WOULD GET MOPPED BY ALL THOSE TEAMS. CONGRATS YALL BEAT A ONE MAN SHOW CAUGHT A BREAK AGAINST THE SUNS. THIS TEAM SHOULD EVEN BE CONSIDERED A DYNASTY AN BTW THE PATS ARE THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TEAM THIS PAST DECADE

You would be wrong as the SPURS have 4 titles in the past decade as opposed to 3 by the Pats.

Whining and crying by Spurs haters such as you make it all that much sweeter. Thanks a lot for making us all feel better!!!

CautionOrange
06-14-2007, 11:51 PM

Sour grapes if ya ask me....

piratebg
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM

The Spurs are the champs hands down. They outlplayed every team they went up against in the playoffs this year. The Suns are good. The Mavs are good. But this post-season, the Spurs were just better. There is no other way to say it.

BIG_STICK
06-14-2007, 11:56 PM
congrats yall beat one man team.

BIG_STICK
06-14-2007, 11:57 PM
They were the 3rd best in the west lucky when stoudamire got suspended and when the mavs decided to take an early vaca.

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 11:58 PM
It's gotta absolutely stink to be on the teams that LOST to a one man team. ;)

piratebg
06-14-2007, 11:59 PM
They were the 3rd best in the west lucky when stoudamire got suspended and when the mavs decided to take an early vaca.

3rd best in the regular season, I'll admit, but championships matter more than finishing with the best record in NBA or your conference.

DDBooger
06-15-2007, 12:00 AM

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/Roycroft_66/grapes-print.jpg

big daddy russ
06-15-2007, 12:02 AM
He was there when we beat our first three games. No excuses.

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 12:02 AM
so sad and pathetic to come in here and try and rain on someone's parade with lame put-downs. Tonight, you are a loser and tomorrow morning you'll wake up and still be a loser. What a sad and horrible life to be on a message board at midnight trying to post sore loser smack:eek:

Losers like BIG STICK make us feel all that much better that we're not him!:D

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s240/Roycroft_66/grapes-print.jpg :clap: :clap: :clap: Greatness! :D

pirate4state
06-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I will have to steal this - just so you know!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D

Snyder_TigerFan

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3163/titlevm6.jpg

What? We can't hear you!

piratebg
White grapes sound so good right now.

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Nice one, DD and Snyder:D

Highschoolfan78
06-15-2007, 12:07 AM

I'm pretty sure they didnt decide to. It was more Baron Davis creating that option haha... oh just give it up and enjoy the offseason. Spurs 2006-2007 Champs

DDBooger
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I will have to steal this - just so you know!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D all yours! i got plenty;)

bulldogman06
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Whatever, wow. enjoy being miserable while i celebrate my team being the best team in sports over the past 10 years. haha, i wouldnt trade places with you for 10 bucks

GreenMachine
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
WTG Spurs! Definitely the best sports TEAM around. AS for the Lebron fans out there, he is a very good player. He will probably even be great someday, but with all the misses (i.e. layups jumpers, and free throws) he is not there yet. I did not like the nike commercial with Lebron, "we have witnessed". The only thing we witnessed was a young man not ready for this stage...yet. Now to next season. With the "big 3" back, all we need is the same kind of role players and the repeat could be ours. :thumbsup:

footballgal
06-15-2007, 12:22 AM

footballgal
06-15-2007, 12:23 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BIG_STICK
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3163/titlevm6.jpg

What? We can't hear you!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D

GreenMachine
06-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Going to be in SA this weekend, I wonder when the river parade will be?

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Going to be in SA this weekend, I wonder when the river parade will be?
6 PM on Sunday. Be there or be a Spurs hater!:D

GreenMachine
06-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
6 PM on Sunday. Be there or be a Spurs hater!:D Darn, I was hoping it would be Sat. evening :(

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 12:42 AM
"Winning DOES NOT get old!"---Spurs owner Peter Holt:)

Maroon87
06-15-2007, 08:09 AM
Way to go Spurs!! Who cares if the nation doesn't love 'em? As a native South Texan and lifelong Spurs fan, I could care less. Besides, this is our team....no more room on the bandwagon! While other teams were worried about winning 70 games in the regular season, the Spurs were only concerned with winning 16 in the postseason, and they did just that. It's all about priorities.

Again...great job, Spurs!! Now I get to buy a new hat & T-shirt to go along with the other 3!
:cool: :clap:

44INAROW
06-15-2007, 08:19 AM

what's the excuse in 1999, 2003 and 2005?

and by the way - who the he++ cares where they were in the regular season - it's where you are in the end that matters..

luvhoops34
06-15-2007, 08:23 AM

OMG, those sour grapes are sooooo cute!:thumbsup:

Macarthur
06-15-2007, 10:16 AM

Gee, where do I start here?

First, you're being a jerk.

Second, I think you don't know basketball. The Spurs would match up very well against some of those teams. The Spurs are probably the best defensive basketball team in the modern era.

Look on the other thread about dynasties. I'm not going to retype it all, but I think the Spurs compare very favorably with some of those teams.

Thirdly, get off this Suns crap. The Suns are a great regular season team, but they spit the bit in the playoffs every year. They do not play defense, period. You are not going to win without playing at least a little defense. The Suns are the most hyped team to never win a damn thing in the history of the league.

DDBooger
06-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
OMG, those sour grapes are sooooo cute!:thumbsup: thank you! ;)

Phil C
06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
A close game indeed! It had more suspense than an Alfred Hitchcock movie.

coiled2strike
06-15-2007, 11:44 AM
nice to see some good characters represented for a change...both teams
not an nba fan b/c of all the thug image and money hungry fools
would like to have seen a more challenging series, but it was enjoyable to watch some quaility basketball from some quality individuals on both sides

Mot'r Boat'r
06-15-2007, 11:57 AM
It was actually good to see the good sportsmanship and humorous communiation between Duncan and Lebron! There's alot there that many fans don't see....yes you can hate the spurs and LOOOVE lebron, HELL! i love lebron as well and you can tell he was very interested in the advice duncan gave him! After the game in a hallway in the stadium, Duncan and Lebron were talkin and duncan said "The league is about to be yours...but thanks for letting us have it this year" which i think was a very good comment, he was telling the youngster of how he knew the potential James has will won day make him the most unstoppable force in the NBA!

Good game both teams!

DDBooger
06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
ever find it confusing that america complains about the thug and bad image of players yet when two teams with great players of highest character play they get low ratings?:confused: now i can't attribute it directly to that but to place it entirely on spurs playing boring ball is crazy. perhaps america likes the chest thumping, **** talking, tatted up, punches thrown, its about me, teams?

Maroon87
06-15-2007, 01:46 PM
ever find it confusing that america complains about the thug and bad image of players yet when two teams with great players of highest character play they get low ratings?:confused: now i can't attribute it directly to that but to place it entirely on spurs playing boring ball is crazy. perhaps america likes the chest thumping, **** talking, tatted up, punches thrown, its about me, teams?

It's because we live in the Jerry Springer generation...people need controversy to make things interesting. Sad but true...:(

Phil C
06-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Jason Kidd could have been a Spur in 2005. Tim Duncan and his wife showed Mr. and Mrs. Kidd around San Antonio then. For a difference of about $4M (which New Jersey State Tax would have probably got anyway) Jason Kidd stayed at New Jersey. It has been said Mrs. Kidd didn't like SA. Thus Jason missed out on two rings and still has none at NJ.

Maroon87
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Jason Kidd could have been a Spur in 2005. Tim Duncan and his wife showed Mr. and Mrs. Kidd around San Antonio then. For a difference of about $4M (which New Jersey State Tax would have probably got anyway) Jason Kidd stayed at New Jersey. It has been said Mrs. Kidd didn't like SA. Thus Jason missed out on two rings and still has none at NJ.

And he doesn't have a Mrs. Kidd anymore either.:eek:

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
It's because we live in the Jerry Springer generation...people need controversy to make things interesting. Sad but true...:(
http://texashsfootball.com/board/style_emoticons/default/jerry.gif

Sorry....I couldn't help myself. ;)

Phil C
06-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
And he doesn't have a Mrs. Kidd anymore either.:eek:

:(

Phil C
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
6 PM on Sunday. Be there or be a Spurs hater!:D

Is any of it going to be on tv. I know two years ago FSN televised it.

Bull Butter
06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Is any of it going to be on tv. I know two years ago FSN televised it.

I believe so. Probably also on TXCN, since they use footage from San Antonio's KENS-5. TXCN showed the team arriving at the airport earlier this afternoon

bandera7
06-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Not the best franchise? Um, highest winning percentage out of any team in any sport last ten years. Most championships. How do you argue that one? I just dont get it.

But now for positive stuff. It feels great to be a Spurs fan. I love our players, they arent cocky, they play hard, and their fans love them.