PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band(bye bye guitar hero)

Emerson1
06-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Rock Band is similar to guitar hero, except you can play any instrument in a band.

One disk with 4 separate campaigns. Guitar, Drum, Bass and Vocal. Each can be played on its own from start to finish, in addition, a full band game is designed to allow for one huge co-op playthrough.

- Will feature full support for four player online play on both 360 and PS3. Any combination of on/offline play will work and each player can pick their own difficulty setting.

- Flexible community system will allow you to find bandmates anywhere in the world

- There will be a way for you to share your band's triumphs with the world, but the details are still under wraps.

- Musical fret-boards are now transparent so you can see more of the background visuals. Guitar is on the left side of the screen, Bass on the right and drums down the middle. Vocals scroll from right to left along the top of the screen.

- Guitars and Bass now have 10 frets. 5 for the regular sections of the game and 5 for the newly designated solo sections.

- Whammy bar is back as is the tilt to activate rock band's version of star power

- there is a five way switch on the guitar that allows for 5 different self-applied effects to the sound.

- Singing is now more in depth. There is a phoneme detector that will pick up individual vowels and consonants you say. Build up enough highly judged phrases and you'll be able to sing free-form. If you do well enough in free-form, then you'll trigger the vocalist's version of star power.

- Microphone doubles as a tambourine on many songs to combat super long guitar solos where the singer doesn't have much to do.

- Drums are apparently insane. You use actual sticks and hit one of four colored pads in front of you, in addition to a kick pedal attached to the drumming unit. Drummers will also have the ability to do fills etc. in their own little free-form section, do well and you'll trigger the drummers version of star power.

- If one person fails, the whole band does not fail, their section simply turns gray and they have to sit out the rest of the song unless one your band mates initiates star power, which will bring you back into the fold.

- If all bandmates can reach the end of a song, you'll be greeted with one huge free-form jam session.

- There will be a character creation system, and you can create multiple avatars that play different instruments.

- Four themed clothing stores in addition to licensed guitars and pedals and other rock paraphernalia.

- A full set of mo-cap stage movements have been added for each instrument. You can decide whether your vocalist moves like Axel Rose, or stands his ground like Clapton.

- 40 performance venues planned

- All peripherals will be unique to each platform. This isn't the developer's decision. Apparently MS peripherals require special circuit boards.

- You'll be able to craft your own band logo

- The HUD in the screens isn't final but is a good indication of what you can expect

- 4 songs announced in the article, not sure if this is new or old but whatever.
Weezer - Say It Ain't So - Original Master Track
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Original Master Track
The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again - Original Master Track
Nirvana - In Bloom - Original Master Track

INSTRUMENT DESCRIPTIONS

Sorry I can't post photos so my descriptions will have to suffice

Guitars/Bass

Guitars are an exact 3/4 replica of a Fender Strat.

Xplorer guitars will work for 360 owners, but you may not be able to pass on all the new stuff this model has.

Five familiar buttons near the top of the neck, five buttons near the body of the guitar. You will use these new buttons during specially designed solo sections using ONLY hammer ons and pull offs, no having to worry about your strum bar. Signature Fender 5-way switch has been added. By shopping at the in game store you'll be able to purchase several virtual effects pedals such as Flange, Wah, Chorus and Echo. These can be applied during your song by setting the 5 way switch to the desired effect.

Microphone

There will eventually be a Rock Band branded Mic

Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity. Mics will be usable as tambourines during certain songs.

That's all for mics!

DRUMS

The picture of the drum peripheral in the mag is not final.

It consists of four pads, a kick pedal and legs for the enire unit to stand on. Think of it as a TV dinner tray stand only cooler

Leftmost pad (red) is your snare drum, everything else doubles as toms and cymbals depending on the song.

A set of real wooden drum sticks will ship with the unit.

A piece of the stand can be taken off so that the unit can sit lower, or on a coffee table.

There is a kick pedal

If you play drums in this game on hard or expert, then you're really playing the drums. Apparently you could sit down at a real set and play the same songs.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
This is awesome....I'm amazed, and I want one.

Keith7
06-14-2007, 09:21 PM
is this gonna be made by the same people who made guitar hero??

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 09:25 PM
wow.

wow.

:D

Emerson1
06-14-2007, 09:29 PM
edit. Yes it is, harmonix makes both games

http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/8352.html

Neversoft is making GH3. So you can probably bank on it flopping and Rock Band taking over. GH3 will probably sell alot on name alone. Have to go with a company who specializes in these kinds of games though

carter08
06-15-2007, 01:43 AM
I need a 360.

charlesrixey
06-15-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I need a 360.

go buy one

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 06:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITe-Zk0M4w

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I need a 360.

i want to get rid of mine i HATE it...i like regular xbox more

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
i want to get rid of mine i HATE it...i like regular xbox more
What is there to hate about it? And why would you want the pos xbox1 instead? Only negative on the 360 is it's loud and the red ring of death.

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What is there to hate about it? And why would you want the pos xbox1 instead? Only negative on the 360 is it's loud and the red ring of death.

i had an xbox and i loved it...the only reason i got the 360 was cuz of that stupid world series of poker...and that game is gay! and my Live wont work

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
i had an xbox and i loved it...the only reason i got the 360 was cuz of that stupid world series of poker...and that game is gay! and my Live wont work
No offense, but you are pretty stupid if you spent $400 to only play a poker game. A game you could of gotten on the xbox that was the exact same.

You have to recover your gamertag if you want it to work.

They won't even bee making games for regular xbox soon. They already stopped selling them.

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 06:43 PM
No offense, but you are pretty stupid if you spent $400 to only play a poker game. A game you could of gotten on the xbox that was the exact same.

You have to recover your gamertag if you want it to work.

They won't even bee making games for regular xbox soon. They already stopped selling them.

i didnt have live on my other one just on the 360 but the guy said it was the easiest thing to hook up to DSL and i tried and it wont work

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 06:44 PM
If you don't have live for xbox then you don't magically start to have it when you buy a 360. Did you buy it?

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 06:46 PM
If you don't have live for xbox then you don't magically start to have it when you buy a 360. Did you buy it?

yes i bought it genius...i aint dumb!

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 06:49 PM
yes i bought it genius...i aint dumb!
Were you able to register a name?

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Were you able to register a name?

yeah i got a gamer tag

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah i got a gamer tag
So your live is working since you were able to get on the internet to make it. What's the problem?

jason
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ITe-Zk0M4w

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: thats photoshopped

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats photoshopped
I highly doubt it

DU_stud04
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
So your live is working since you were able to get on the internet to make it. What's the problem? she's a girl. they make everything difficult.

DU_stud04
07-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
thats photoshopped still pretty sweet.....made me wanna air jam :D

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
still pretty sweet.....made me wanna air jam :D
It's not though

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
she's a girl. they make everything difficult.

no...the problem is after i made my gamer tag it never would let me sign into live it said my connection wasnt good but we even had someone come look at it and they said it should have been workin...

Emerson1
07-03-2007, 08:58 PM
no...the problem is after i made my gamer tag it never would let me sign into live it said my connection wasnt good but we even had someone come look at it and they said it should have been workin...
What did it say when you did a connection test on the 360?

And when you made the gamertag, did you just make username that you sign onto? Or did you go through the processing of putting in your hotmail email and putting the code in on the xbox live card?

DU_stud04
07-03-2007, 09:37 PM
no...the problem is after i made my gamer tag it never would let me sign into live it said my connection wasnt good but we even had someone come look at it and they said it should have been workin... was shea girla too? silly women these days thinking they can do stuff

bhtrainer
07-03-2007, 10:11 PM
was shea girla too? silly women these days thinking they can do stuff

no i did all the email and im not at home but when i go home i will post and tell u wut it says

Emerson1
07-11-2007, 06:55 PM
At EA's press conference right now, the Rock Band crew have just confirmed a ton of stuff
- Full albums will be available as DLC. The Who - Who's Next is the first album
- Metallica as DLC
- Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive in game
- Indie bands will be able to submit their music
- Little Steven from Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band is picking the music for DLC
- New DLC every week.

wow

Emerson1
07-12-2007, 05:56 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/4r1i147.jpg

Fal44
07-12-2007, 08:05 PM
game looks awesome I want It :)