PDA

View Full Version : Could Tatum and Mart have made it to the state game in 3A Football, last year?

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
With Robinson making it to the State Game, I feel Mart and Tatum could have made it to the Div 1 Title Game. I think Liberty Hill would have given both teams trouble, in Div 2 though!:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
IMO Tatum could not have beat LE to get to the title game

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO Tatum could not have beat LE to get to the title game You Know Tatum was just 1 year removed from the 3 A Div 2 State Champs, I believe the only two teams to give Mart and Tatum problems, was Celina, and LH...Who is LE?:confused:

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:40 PM
uhh the State Champs Libery Eylau

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:43 PM
uhh the State Champs Libery Eylau From what I'm hearing Robinson's coach could have easily beat LE, took a gamble at the wrong time.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Well if they "easily" could have beat them, why did it come down to one gamble to lose the game?

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Well if they "easily" could have beat them, why did it come down to one gamble to lose the game? That's why they play the game!

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
I think people forget that LE started the year in the top 5 in polls as high as 3...Then injuries hit them hard and they did not get truly 100% full speed till almost end of district. That team was VERY talented and it was not a fluke they beat Gilmer or won the Title.

LE matched up well with Tatum last year, LE would have IMO been able to out muscle Tatum who yes Creer is/was a stud, but IMO LE a better all around team last year

And it is not like Tatum rolled thru 2A with ease..they got beat in district play by a good but not one of the best Troup teams

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:53 PM
I think people forget that LE started the year in the top 5 in polls as high as 3...Then injuries hit them hard and they did not get truly 100% full speed till almost end of district. That team was VERY talented and it was not a fluke they beat Gilmer or won the Title.

LE matched up well with Tatum last year, LE would have IMO been able to out muscle Tatum who yes Creer is/was a stud, but IMO LE a better all around team last year Out Muscle, I don't know, thay had a DL and a LB that wouldn't quit, I really think Mart would have given LE Fits!

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Our Muscle, I don't know that had a DL and a LB that wouldn't quit, I really think Mart would have given LE Fits!

I did not see Mart play, I was talking about Tatum would not even have got to the title game, they would have played LE earlier if in 3A still.

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
I did not see Mart play, I was talking about Tatum would not even have got to the title game, they would have played LE earlier if in 3A still. I was referring to Tatum also, but I feel like Mart would have cause major match-up Problems.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
The one team that beat Tatum in 2A did outmuscle them..Troup had ONE weapon RB chris Davis and he rolled them for like 250 yards and 4 TDS...Tatum did have couple of big uns..but speed was their forte and a powerful OL could push them around

Adidas410s
I did not see Mart play, I was talking about Tatum would not even have got to the title game, they would have played LE earlier if in 3A still.

The one team that beat Tatum in 2A did outmuscle them..Troup had ONE weapon RB chris Davis and he rolled them for like 250 yards and 4 TDS...Tatum did have couple of big uns..but speed was their forte and a powerful OL could push them around

Tatum wouldn't have played LE...they would've been in seperate divisions. The real question is...could Tatum have beaten Celina?

charlesrixey
With Robinson making it to the State Game, I feel Mart and Tatum could have made it to the Div 1 Title Game. I think Liberty Hill would have given both teams trouble, in Div 2 though!:thinking:

Celina is 2-0 against Mart, and would have beaten them again had they played last year.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Tatum wouldn't have played LE...they would've been in seperate divisions. The real question is...could Tatum have beaten Celina?

I know but it was all just a what if type of conversation

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

No

Tatum was a better version of Dallas Madison, but not that much better

Before Tatum worries about Celina, they should go undefeated in their own classification first.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
No

Before Tatum worries about Celina, they should go undefeated in their own classification first.

In NO way was Tatum a "better version" of Dallas Madison. Tatum not only had speed but plays a very disciplined game of football. They are not just a bunch of athletes who run around with no clue. Their defense was good last year, just at times could be manhandled..but also they did their share of dominating teams as well..I dont think they would beat LE..I cant say about Celina cause the one game I did see was the Madison game..but Tatum would have been a contender in 3A this past year, I just dont think they would have won.

JR2004
06-14-2007, 07:22 PM
It would've been fun to watch Tatum win back-to-back titles in DII. Oh well I'm sure they're happy with back-to-back titles in two different classifications.

JR2004
06-14-2007, 07:25 PM
In NO way was Tatum a "better version" of Dallas Madison. Tatum not only had speed but plays a very disciplined game of football. They are not just a bunch of athletes who run around with no clue.

Clueless... :doh:

Matthew328
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
No

Tatum a better version of Madison?? Hardly....Tatum was much better than Madison and I sung Madison's praises early on...but when I saw Tatum in the semi-finals they would have had little trouble with Madison

JR2004
06-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Tatum a better version of Madison?? Hardly....Tatum was much better than Madison and I sung Madison's praises early on...but when I saw Tatum in the semi-finals they would have had little trouble with Madison

Tatum was much better this past season than Madison. In 2005 it was a toss-up between the two, but last season Madison wouldn't have played it down to the wire had the two met again. Honestly the Forest Green and Gold would probably have been blown out due to how banged up that defense was by the time the playoffs rolled around.

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 07:49 PM
tatum really surprised me with the athletes they had when i saw them play gilmer. i knew they were good from seeing them in the semi's the previous year. lots of weapons. a few mistakes carried the game away from them. i still feel without those few mistakes tatum would have beaten gilmer.

they run the screen pass better than any high school team ive seen.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Clueless... :doh:

How was I clueless

lostaussie
06-14-2007, 08:18 PM
from only who i saw last year, Gilmer, L/E, Celina, Royse City, and L/H were all better than Tatum. They had plenty of speed which carried them last year, but they had no depth which showed emminsly when they played us. When they won the championship in 2005, I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, but all the cards fell right for them.

pirate4state
06-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Out Muscle, I don't know, thay had a DL and a LB that wouldn't quit, I really think Mart would have given LE Fits! How can you really think that when you didn't even know who LE was??? :confused:

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 09:16 PM
No

when i say that much better, i mean not good enough to win the 3A title last year

not as in 'barely better than madison'

omigoodness

wow that was misconstrued

i knew i should have put forth the extra effort and added the italics to 'that much'

Hupernikomen
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Lost by 3 TDs to Gilmer. I don't think they would have made it to the 3A finals, but would have been a tough out.