PDA

View Full Version : What is west Texas bringing to the picnic?

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
are there any teams that are somewhat appetizing this coming year??? or are us east texas teams the only ones that get to mot'r boat another season?

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
are there any teams that are somewhat appetizing this coming year??? or are us east texas teams the only ones that get to mot'r boat another season?

Watch out for the Snyder Tigers, it's going to be their YEAR

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Watch out for the Snyder Tigers, it's going to be their YEAR

I have been hearing that for the past i dunno how many years.....but we'll see now, wont we?

wasn't it them that Gilmer peter-rolled in the playoffs in the 2004 season?

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
I have been hearing that for the past i dunno how many years.....but we'll see now, wont we?

wasn't it them that Gilmer peter-rolled in the playoffs in the 2004 season? i think i need a picture to remind me the score. hahahaha

DaHop72
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i think i need a picture to remind me the score. hahahaha DON'T DO IT ADIDAS!!!! SHOW SOME COMPASSION :mad: :mad:

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
i also have snyder winning region one, then getting dominated by region 2. meh, theyll have a good season.

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 04:23 PM
i also have snyder winning region one, then getting dominated by region 2. meh, theyll have a good season.

i don't see them winning region 1

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 04:29 PM
i don't see them winning region 1 who does Mot'r Boat'r have winning region 1? Da_stud would like to know

GreenMonster
06-14-2007, 05:13 PM
who does Mot'r Boat'r have winning region 1? Da_stud would like to know I'd like to know as well. Snyder is currently my favorite. Having seen WF Hirschi's 7 on 7 team, they have the skill people to be very entertaining this coming year as well.

Matthew328
06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Snyder on paper is the favorite in Reg 1 but I dont seem em getting past Reg 2

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 07:24 PM
i think i need a picture to remind me the score. hahahaha

Should I get two photos of the scoreboard at the end of the game the last two times Snyder and Wylie played?

:p

DU_stud04
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Should I get two photos of the scoreboard at the end of the game the last two times Snyder and Wylie played?

:p i wouldnt care, im not a wylie fan(however, i do still believe sandifer is the man!)

;) post away :D

wildstangs
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Snyder looks to be the best out of West Texas, but I dont know about Region 1. Decatur, Argyle, and Graham all have some good players returning. There is usually one or two teams that come out of know where and have a good playoff run too, like Vernon last year.

smustangs
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
i think snyder wins region 1 but im curious motr boatr who wins it?

Old Tiger
06-14-2007, 11:16 PM
nothing

sectionCwannabe
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
i do still believe sandifer is the man!

you are very right. He is one of the best coaches in the state and one of the greatest in 3A IMO. If he doesnt have a team in the spring he makes one by the fall.

Snyder, eat wylie a new one again

:cool:

BILLYFRED0000
06-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Snyder looks to be the best out of West Texas, but I dont know about Region 1. Decatur, Argyle, and Graham all have some good players returning. There is usually one or two teams that come out of know where and have a good playoff run too, like Vernon last year.

Anybody leaving out Abilene Wylie should look out. I thought that Vernon was great last year as the Reg 1 rep. Solid hard hitting football team. I think the toughest team last year that we played was Brownsboro. They were good. Jumped out to a 14 to 0 lead before we knew what hit us. But the d kicked in and Dru Prosser had the best game tossing the ball that I have ever seen any Celina QB have. That was a fun game to watch. 35 - 14 at the end. Vernon was almost as good. But this year, man I don't know what reg1 is going to do. Nor do I know who will be good in reg2 this year. 'sides us of course.

charlesrixey
06-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

that's because there very few real contenders in west texas in any given year. how often do you see a 6-4 team advance in another region (other than Atlanta's run, of course)?

DaHop72
06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
that's because there very few real contenders in west texas in any given year. how often do you see a 6-4 team advance in another region (other than Atlanta's run, of course)? If the UIL continued with asinine ideas such as the 4 team district it could have become common place.:mad:

charlesrixey
06-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
If the UIL continued with asinine ideas such as the 4 team district it could have become common place.:mad:

AGREED! i would rather have 212 teams with a greater than 2-1 ratio than 35 teams in West Texas and 50 in another region

Mot'r Boat'r
06-15-2007, 11:28 AM
it's not snyder i see winning the region...there is a lil darkhorse that i have picked to do it

Phantom Stang
06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by sectionCwannabe
you are very right. He is one of the best coaches in the state and one of the greatest in 3A IMO. If he doesnt have a team in the spring he makes one by the fall.

Snyder, eat wylie a new one again

:cool:
I agree that Sandifer's a good coach, BUT...
If you look at his all-time record at Wylie, you will find years when Sweetwater fans would have screamed for his head on a platter, had he been coaching the Mustangs.

In my humble and possibly worthless opinion, 'cause I don't claim to be an expert; Sandifer's success at Wylie is due in large part to, SUPPORT from his community.;)

vet93
06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
You may be on to something there...when Sandifer took over in the mid to late 80's he was a good coach, but he had some mediocre years...because Wylie was generally pretty mediocre before he got there, he was allowed to stay and develop his program. After his program developed and Wylie's enrollment tripled, he is now enjoying the fruits of his success. Because he has made the program successful...if another coach were to come in and have a few mediocre years, they would be fired just as quickly at Wylie as they would be fired at Sweetwater. In other words...Sandifer came at the right time to a program that was not very successful...therefore he had a longer leash than he would have had he gone to an already successful program.

Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I agree that Sandifer's a good coach, BUT...
If you look at his all-time record at Wylie, you will find years when Sweetwater fans would have screamed for his head on a platter, had he been coaching the Mustangs.

In my humble and possibly worthless opinion, 'cause I don't claim to be an expert; Sandifer's success at Wylie is due in large part to, SUPPORT from his community.;)

sectionCwannabe
06-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

thats very very true!

injuredinmelee
06-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by vet93
You may be on to something there...when Sandifer took over in the mid to late 80's he was a good coach, but he had some mediocre years...because Wylie was generally pretty mediocre before he got there, he was allowed to stay and develop his program. After his program developed and Wylie's enrollment tripled, he is now enjoying the fruits of his success. Because he has made the program successful...if another coach were to come in and have a few mediocre years, they would be fired just as quickly at Wylie as they would be fired at Sweetwater. In other words...Sandifer came at the right time to a program that was not very successful...therefore he had a longer leash than he would have had he gone to an already successful program.

The number one reason Wylie has a successful program is consistency. They do the same things every year. The kids have been running the same plays since the first day of 7th grade. For the most part the same coaches are in place every year. There is very little turn over on the high school staff.

GreenMonster
06-15-2007, 05:19 PM
it's not snyder i see winning the region...there is a lil darkhorse that i have picked to do it

you still refuse to let us in on who your pick is though. If Hirschi can block and tackle than I like their chances. Dangerous skill people.

Stownhorse
06-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The number one reason Wylie has a successful program is consistency. They do the same things every year. The kids have been running the same plays since the first day of 7th grade. For the most part the same coaches are in place every year. There is very little turn over on the high school staff.

And staying in 3A.... On the other hand, I am supa curious to see what the Mustangs in red will do this year. I know their not anything to brag about but heart goes a long ways... and so does passing the ball.

DU_stud04
06-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Anybody leaving out Abilene Wylie should look out. I thought that Vernon was great last year as the Reg 1 rep. Solid hard hitting football team. I think the toughest team last year that we played was Brownsboro. They were good. Jumped out to a 14 to 0 lead before we knew what hit us. But the d kicked in and Dru Prosser had the best game tossing the ball that I have ever seen any Celina QB have. That was a fun game to watch. 35 - 14 at the end. Vernon was almost as good. But this year, man I don't know what reg1 is going to do. Nor do I know who will be good in reg2 this year. 'sides us of course. i would look at them....but i was looking at d2....wylie would never go d2. hahahaha

DU_stud04
06-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
And staying in 3A.... On the other hand, I am supa curious to see what the Mustangs in red will do this year. I know their not anything to brag about but heart goes a long ways... and so does passing the ball. holsey is exciting. i think alot with how the mustangs do this season is if the coaches let him run loose and get out of that short wishbone they run.

smustangs
06-15-2007, 11:48 PM

then who is your pick if your so confident let us know

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 08:03 AM

Tell us who you think will win Region 1, we are waiting.