PDA

View Full Version : Which school in Texas?

pooch
06-14-2007, 02:29 PM
Which "higher school of learning" i.e. colleges/universities would you want your kid(s) to go to and play college athletics? What sport would they play? If your kids are grown and out of the house, then pretend they're about to be out.

purely hypothetical, of course.

i'm guessing that things to consider are:
size of school
type of coach
type of sport

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 02:42 PM
If I had "MY" choice, it'd be Tech & football. :p

Keith7
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I would pick North Texas, they are a school on the rise..

44INAROW
06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
University of Texas playing golf and if that didnt' work out, baseball @ Rice :)

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Again a very open ended Q

I am a HUGE UT fan..BUT I would need to know what position my kid plays, and what offense/defense did he play in HS...I would not want my kid to go to Texas just because it is the Horns if his style and abilities fit A&M schemes or Tech's schemes better

pooch
06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Again a very open ended Q

I am a HUGE UT fan..BUT I would need to know what position my kid plays, and what offense/defense did he play in HS...I would not want my kid to go to Texas just because it is the Horns if his style and abilities fit A&M schemes or Tech's schemes better

purely hypothetical of course..

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pooch
purely hypothetical of course..

I know it is..but my mind still would want to know some of the basics before I picked a school..Just how I am lol

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by pooch
Which "higher school of learning" i.e. colleges/universities would you want your kid(s) to go to and play college athletics? What sport would they play? If your kids are grown and out of the house, then pretend they're about to be out.

purely hypothetical, of course.

i'm guessing that things to consider are:
size of school
type of coach
type of sport

No doubts, UT and wear the Orange. Hooken Horns

:clap:

Astrosdawg07
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Rice baseball CF (if I had kids :D )

big daddy russ
06-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Rice and baseball. Or, depending on how good they are, Rice and anything. No matter what happens, they'll be making great money when they get out of college, and that's all that matters in the long run.

If they were a top-20 national football player, I'd be a little more open to the idea of them going to a place like UT (though I don't know if the wife would let it happen) or A&M. Same with hoops and baseball, but again, if they can get in, I'd like them to go to Rice. That's Dad's preference.

Cat22
06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Same here, I'd love to see my son playing baseball at Rice!! Got a few years though, he's only 7!

GreenMachine
06-14-2007, 06:07 PM
My sons would go to A&M to play football or baseball, which is good, but I would love to see them at Rice playing baseball :thumbsup:

luvhoops34
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
A&M

Womens Basketball

Pmoney
06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Im a huge Texas fan but if my child was going to play basketball in college id want him to be at Tech only if Knight was still there because he cares about education....now if any other sport i would want them to go to Texas

District303aPastPlayer
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I was accepted to THE University of Texas in Austin on an Academic Scholarship. So there :)

pooch
06-16-2007, 09:09 PM
girl kid - SFA or UT volleyball, SMU golf

boy kid - UT football, SMU golf, Tyler JC tennis

CalallenWildcat
06-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Simple...

SMU for Golf or
SMU for Soccer or
SMU for Tennis or
SMU for Swimming

maestro
06-16-2007, 10:06 PM
basketball at Texas or at A&M...

g$$
06-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Whichever school fits the abilities of the kid: academically, athletically, & socially. Every kid is different. The coach of their sport would matter too, a whole lot. And that changes frequently too. Lots of variables & the education would have to be first & foremost.

Rice's Wayne Graham is one of my favorites, but Rice is not for everyone. My nephew was recruited there but wanted the "true" college experience, so he went to the Big 12 & loves it. Baseball is the big dog there & academics are tough too, but it is not the same college experience either (but make no mistake, exceptions are made for athletes there too compared to the normal student at Rice. Once you get in, they take care of you like everywhere else. Rice's standards for athletes are only slightly higher than the NCAA standards.)

LHMom
06-17-2007, 06:15 PM
No doubt - it would have been UT Football.