PDA

View Full Version : A HB that's small, w/4.4 Speed, or a Large punishing HB w/4.7 speed.

Fotbol
06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Which HB would you want in your Backfield?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-14-2007, 08:28 AM
the bigger back can take more beatings and will likely be harder to take down, Henry Melton for instance.

tigerpride_08
06-14-2007, 02:10 PM
the bigger back so he can just run over the defenders...had a back like that 2 years ago and it looked like he was tackling the defender everytime he had the ball....

pooch
06-14-2007, 02:12 PM
good question...right now, the speed demon...

CalallenWildcat
06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol

Depends on what type of offense I'm running.

If I'm an I-Back, up-the-gut, smashmouth type of team, I want the big guy. If I run the spread or west coast offense, I want the gamebreaker.

Adidas410s
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
the bigger back can take more beatings and will likely be harder to take down, Henry Melton for instance.

Henry only requires a few drinks...then he'll go down(town) without too much resistance

pirate4state
06-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Henry only requires a few drinks...then he'll go down(town) without too much resistance tsk, tsk....LOL

pooch
06-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Depends on what type of offense I'm running.

If I'm an I-Back, up-the-gut, smashmouth type of team, I want the big guy. If I run the spread or west coast offense, I want the gamebreaker.

do you change your offense for the type of RB you got or no?

Adidas410s
06-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by pooch
do you change your offense for the type of RB you got or no?

are we talking about HS, NCAA, or NFL?

pooch
06-14-2007, 02:32 PM
i'd say HS.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 02:33 PM
How small is small? Is he small in size and weight but have tree trunk of legs ie Emmit Smith Barry Sanders..What is his running style? Does he make quick in speed cuts? His vision?

The big guy..How big? How does he run? To high or perfect and low?

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Mot'r Boat'r thinks there are too many variables of the 2...that's why Mot'r Boat'r says "screw both the runningbacks and find one that is medium sized and runs a 4.55:)

gotta compromise:D

GreenMonster
06-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol

I want the big guy so I can pound on you late in the game and take away your will to continue to fight. In this day and age of the spread offense I'd love to take my chances with a power running game and try to play keep away with you. If you make a mistake and throw an INT or my defense makes a play 3 plays in a row then I get the ball back and go right back to pounding on you. Your defense, in theory, should get more tired than my defense because of my more physical style of play that your kids aren't used to. This should in theory also make my offense more effective because of the fact that they are used to the physical play and your defense is getting worn down by it. That's just the way I roll though. I want to pound the rock and pound it some more.

big daddy russ
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
The big guy. If you can gain three and a half yards every down no matter what, you keep moving, keep the ball away from the other team, improve your field position and make your defense look a whole lot better.

Give me that guy instead of the guy who'll get stuffed a few times, but can break one at any time.

In short, give me Jim Brown and Walter Payton over Barry Sanders any day of the week.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

In short, give me Jim Brown and Walter Payton over Barry Sanders any day of the week.

This is why I asked the size of the "small" RB..Payton was 5'10 200 pounds..Not really a BIG back, but he ran with power..AND speed

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
if i HAD to choose between the two...gimme the lil guy....just look at the best RB in the NFL right now...LT!!!!

big daddy russ
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
if i HAD to choose between the two...gimme the lil guy....just look at the best RB in the NFL right now...LT!!!!
He weighs 220+ lbs.

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He weighs 220+ lbs.

so he is a stout little guy...he's not the big bruiser described in the thread topic

big daddy russ
06-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
This is why I asked the size of the "small" RB..Payton was 5'10 200 pounds..Not really a BIG back, but he ran with power..AND speed
My bad... I was just thinking of power backs.

I'll put it a different way because you're right, Payton was both, inthe same mold as LT... I'd rather have Franco Harris or Larry Csonka than Barry Sanders.

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 04:22 PM
all i know is...GIMME L.T. or GIMME DEATH!!!!!!

Mr. Bush is gonna be a great one before it is all said and done;)

big daddy russ
06-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
all i know is...GIMME L.T. or GIMME DEATH!!!!!!

Mr. Bush is gonna be a great one before it is all said and done;)
Damn straight. I did the same thing with Walter Payton... it's not really fair because those guys bring both elite speed and power to the table.

Fal44
06-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Give me the power back baby...4 yards a carry, and a chance to run over many people I like my chances...

bulldogman06
06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
big guy, no matter what offense i run. and not like melton, like the jtrain. hehehe. but if i had option 3, i would take both, i.e. lane goodsen

BILLYFRED0000
06-15-2007, 04:43 AM
What is your full back for? I take smaller hbacks with bigger full backs. but really take what I have and make sure the O-line moves them out. then size does not matter.

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I am unable to make a decision unless you provide the following information! ;)

Height
Weight
Shoe Size
Vertical
Bench
Squat
Other Sports Played
Injury History
Right Handed or Left Handed
GPA
Grade
Ethnicity