PDA

View Full Version : This is why it works in Burnet!

dawgmeister
11-17-2003, 10:44 PM
I was at the game Saturday night in San Marcos when Burnet played Somerset. It was quite a game! But that wasn't the whole show! The Cheerleaders, Band and Drill Team all got the crowd into a frenzy the entire game. The fans were rabid! The feeling in that stadium was electric. You couldn't help but be into the game on the field!

One guy sitting a couple of rows away from us wearing a maroon jacket noticed that nearly everyone wearing green stayed in their seats during Burnet's halftime show. He hollered out "does'nt anyone from Burnet go to the concession stand at halftime?" A football dad down in front hollered back "you're not from around here, are you?" The other guy snapped back "Nope!" The Burnet fan shouted back to him "You just wouldn't understand. It's a Burnet thing!" Everyone around us just cheered!

Every Burnet fan at that game was there to yell for and applaud every student connected with Burnet HS that competed or performed during the game. The football team tore-up Somerset, and the Cheerleaders, Drill Team and Band were right there leading the charge from the stands. Halftime was a blast! I've never been so pumped up after a HS halftime! Then the band came over on the track and played some loud college march right into our faces! WOW!! 4th quarter we were all doing the "Tomahawk Chop.

If every school did it this way, they're fans would be extremely proud, and their concession stands would probably be pretty slow at halftime too! Burnet fans get it! They support all the players on the field.

That's why Burnet's so successful in every area. Football, Band, Basketball, Drill Team... it makes no difference. That's why it works in Burnet. Win, lose, or draw, we're still CHAMPIONS!

Bandera YaYa
11-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Well, since no one else has responded, I will.....That's real nice.

marlin fan
11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
dawgmeister:
I was at the game Saturday night in San Marcos when Burnet played Somerset. It was quite a game! But that wasn't the whole show! The Cheerleaders, Band and Drill Team all got the crowd into a frenzy the entire game. The fans were rabid! The feeling in that stadium was electric. You couldn't help but be into the game on the field!

One guy sitting a couple of rows away from us wearing a maroon jacket noticed that nearly everyone wearing green stayed in their seats during Burnet's halftime show. He hollered out "does'nt anyone from Burnet go to the concession stand at halftime?" A football dad down in front hollered back "you're not from around here, are you?" The other guy snapped back "Nope!" The Burnet fan shouted back to him "You just wouldn't understand. It's a Burnet thing!" Everyone around us just cheered!

Every Burnet fan at that game was there to yell for and applaud every student connected with Burnet HS that competed or performed during the game. The football team tore-up Somerset, and the Cheerleaders, Drill Team and Band were right there leading the charge from the stands. Halftime was a blast! I've never been so pumped up after a HS halftime! Then the band came over on the track and played some loud college march right into our faces! WOW!! 4th quarter we were all doing the "Tomahawk Chop.

If every school did it this way, they're fans would be extremely proud, and their concession stands would probably be pretty slow at halftime too! Burnet fans get it! They support all the players on the field.

That's why Burnet's so successful in every area. Football, Band, Basketball, Drill Team... it makes no difference. That's why it works in Burnet. Win, lose, or draw, we're still CHAMPIONS!Yeah i noticed those things too. and i couldnt agree with you more!!!

jason
11-17-2003, 11:56 PM
dawgmeister:

That's why Burnet's so successful in every area. Football, Band, Basketball, Drill Team... it makes no difference. That's why it works in Burnet. Win, lose, or draw, we're still CHAMPIONS!'yadda, yadda, yadda' - Seinfeld
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wildstangs
11-17-2003, 11:59 PM
Its nice when all the fans are on the bandwagon, huh?

dawgmeister
11-18-2003, 09:22 AM
It does make you proud to be from here.

BIG19
11-18-2003, 09:34 AM
dawgmeister, thanks for the story. It really is great to see the support for all the activities that our kids are envolved in.

LogieJoeBean001
11-18-2003, 09:48 AM
A lesson to be learned!

JasperDog94
11-18-2003, 10:03 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: no comment :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

southern_thunder
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
I hear ya dog94!

bd0707
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
Remember saying this last year SouthernThunder?

I agree whole heartedly with you tivydawg, but it is nothing new Jasper has long been known for their fairweather fans, as long as things are good and and the team is winning they are there, but as soon as things get tough and and Jasper loses the fingers start pointing and this attitude trickles down to the players as well which is why Jasper will never win a state championship the character needed is just not here. The community should support the team and the coaches win or lose with the same enthusiasm not just when things are good.

Congrats to Burnet with the kind of support your community shows your team should win the next 2 div I titles.

[ December 08, 2002, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]

--------------------

dawgmeister
11-18-2003, 10:49 AM
We were at the Jasper / Burnet game last year. I thought you guys had a great crowd, band and cheerleaders. Your team was very talented, and I thought motivated.
After the game I read some of the posts from disgruntled Jasper fans complaining about their own band, it's director and the lack of crowd support for the team. Why do you fee Jasper has fair weather fans?

JasperDog94
11-18-2003, 12:35 PM
Not all of us feel that way. I think last year we were so disappointed at losing to Burnet, the finger pointing started. Last year, the expectations were so high, anything less than a state championship would have been a let down. Jasper has great fans, a great band, and a new band director. I don't remember what all was said last year, but I'll chalk up the negative comments to a defeat at the hands of a great opponent.

weatherag07
11-18-2003, 02:34 PM
JasperDog94:
Last year, the expectations were so high, anything less than a state championship would have been a let down.That's understandable...that's how it is for Burnet this year. They want it all, and nothing less.

dawg03
11-18-2003, 05:04 PM
:D :D I have brought friends to Burnet games from A&M, and they are amazed at the crowd, and the way they get into the game. That is when I have to explain Burnet to them! :D :p

20dawgz05
11-18-2003, 05:13 PM
if u liked last weeks field show u will LOVE this one its much more upbeat and ALOT of new things...if u are gonna be there stick around and watch!!!

3ahunter2k4
11-18-2003, 05:49 PM
jason:

dawgmeister:

That's why Burnet's so successful in every area. Football, Band, Basketball, Drill Team... it makes no difference. That's why it works in Burnet. Win, lose, or draw, we're still CHAMPIONS!'yadda, yadda, yadda' - Seinfeld
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i'm with jason

3ahunter2k4
11-18-2003, 06:31 PM
btw whoever took the time to member rate me is white trash.

JKLL
11-18-2003, 06:53 PM
I think it's the Burnet, I mean Burnet durnit people that don't get it. It is very easy to fill the stands with rabid fans when you are ranked #1 and are killing all of your opponents. So you are having a good run, enjoy, but don't try to make out like you are so far superior to the rest of us. You people need to get a grip.

BHS#1
11-18-2003, 07:27 PM
All I can says is aleast Burnet was out on the field during half time which is more than I can say for Somerset. WAY TO GO BAND. And I am glad no one was offended when Somerset was warming up after half time.

dawgmeister
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
That's where you're wrong, JKLL! It's been like this for years in Burnet. Even back when the football team was struggling, we had great support from the fans. Now that we're in the spotlight, everyone else will get a taste of what it can be like! :cool:

BHSlover
11-18-2003, 09:43 PM
Burnet has been thorougly blessed in so many ways and community support is one of them. Our community not only backs up our football team and other athletics but the whole school including our academic achievements! It's an awesome community and i know when i say thanx to our supporters i'm speaking for the whole studnet body!

kaorder1999
11-18-2003, 10:11 PM
when you are the number one team in the state...sure you are going to fill the stands...fill the stands in Kemp, TX and get the cheerleaders to pump the crowd up...you still arent going to win games without a great coaching staff and good players

JasperDog94
11-19-2003, 12:45 AM
3ahunter2k4:
btw whoever took the time to member rate me is white trash.How do you know that they are white?
:p :p :p