PDA

View Full Version : realignments.....

necks_c/09
06-14-2007, 07:52 AM
if im not mistaken, i thought there was supposed to be district realignments this year.

if there is who will bge moving where, like i thought sealy was going to 4a....possibly even jumping to 5a......if anybody knows anything feel free to make me look like a retard:)

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 07:53 AM
that will happen in february

necks_c/09
06-14-2007, 07:55 AM
so after the 07-08 season?......

GreenMonster
06-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
so after the 07-08 season?......

yes. The re-allignment effects not this coming school year but the next. Last school year was the first season of the previous re-allignment and this season will be the second season. Re-allignment occurs every 2 years.

necks_c/09
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
thanks

raider red 2000
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
if im not mistaken, i thought there was supposed to be district realignments this year.

if there is who will bge moving where, like i thought sealy was going to 4a....possibly even jumping to 5a......if anybody knows anything feel free to make me look like a retard:)

sealy 4a????

i would think that maybe needville...but who knows.

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
sealy had better hope they don't move up right now

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM

Just a word, realignment may change, depending on the outcome in October. The Legislative Council is considering a two-division setup for every class, similar to six-man. The plan appears to have enough support to pass, but small schools (including 3A) are against the proposal which will benefit 4A and 5A. We will have to wait and see. If it is passed in October, the plan could go into effect with the next realignment.

Adidas410s
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Just a word, realignment may change, depending on the outcome in October. The Legislative Council is considering a two-division setup for every class, similar to six-man. The plan appears to have enough support to pass, but small schools (including 3A) are against the proposal which will benefit 4A and 5A. We will have to wait and see. If it is passed in October, the plan could go into effect with the next realignment.

I sure hope it doesn't pass. In 5A...they want to go to 2 divisions...and then STILL allow 4 teams from each district into the playoffs. We would have 4 5A state champs...and roughly 65% of all 5A schools would make the playoffs.

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I sure hope it doesn't pass. In 5A...they want to go to 2 divisions...and then STILL allow 4 teams from each district into the playoffs. We would have 4 5A state champs...and roughly 65% of all 5A schools would make the playoffs.
How do you figure 4 state champs? My understanding is, if it passes, districts would be set by DI & DII with one champ from each division.

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How do you figure 4 state champs? My understanding is, if it passes, districts would be set by DI & DII with one champ from each division.

That's true

There wouldn't be any additional state champions, which has always been my biggest complaint. They would simply cut the classes in two before the season, which is more fair.

I have to say, however, that 5A is the only class i would like to see that happen to

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Unless I read it wrong...it would still be two champs and two teams per district to the play-offs

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Unless I read it wrong...it would still be two champs and two teams per district to the play-offs

You are right about two state champions, Division I and II in each classification. The present proposal is for for four playoff teams from each district. Under the current six-man play, two teams from each district advance to the playoffs. Of course, it's just a proposal right now.

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 12:23 PM
You are right about two state champions, Division I and II in each classification. The present proposal is for for four playoff teams from each district. Under the current six-man play, two teams from each district advance to the playoffs. Of course, it's just a proposal right now.

sorry i meant to say that but had 2 on the brain

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 12:28 PM
sorry i meant to say that but had 2 on the brain

No problem, but we don't yet if the plan will become law, but I believe that it will.

Ranger Mom
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I am confused......what does that mean, "districts would be set by DI & DII?"

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am confused......what does that mean, "districts would be set by DI & DII?"

Instead of how it is now where 4 teams from one district go..with 2 going D-1 and 2 going D-2...It will now be Districts are set by the attendance..So in essence you will have D-1 only districts and D-II only Districts

Ranger Mom
06-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Instead of how it is now where 4 teams from one district go..with 2 going D-1 and 2 going D-2...It will now be Districts are set by the attendance..So in essence you will have D-1 only districts and D-II only Districts

Okay......so gone would be the way we decide it now....it just depends on who wins??

I know I am making this harder on myself than it has to be!!

Andrews is the biggest school in our district.....IF they are one of the top seeds. If not, then one of the other team takes the DI spot.

Under this new realignment....because they are the biggest school in our district, they would be put in a district with other biggest schools from this area???

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Okay......so gone would be the way we decide it now....it just depends on who wins??

Andrews is the biggest school in our district.....IF they are one of the top seeds. If not, then one of the other team takes the DI spot.

Under this new realignment....because they are the biggest school in our district, they would be put in a district with other biggest school from this area???

Yes..attendance would decide what district your in if the proposal ever got to 3A

Snydertigersrul
06-14-2007, 01:32 PM

Under this new realignment....because they are the biggest school in our district, they would be put in a district with other biggest schools from this area???

Under the proposal, Greenwood probably would be Division II and not in a district with Andrews. Snyder is borderline between Division I and II, while Lamesa would also be Division II. To make it simple, the split between Division I and II will be at realignment, not at the end of the season as it is now.

Ranger Mom
06-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Under the proposal, Greenwood probably would be Division II and not in a district with Andrews. Snyder is borderline between Division I and II, while Lamesa would also be Division II. To make it simple, the split between Division I and II will be at realignment, not at the end of the season as it is now.

I am anxious to see Greenwood's enrollment over the next few years!!

There are housing editions going up like crazy here! Most are younger couples with elementary aged kids.....I have a feeling over the next 5-6 years our enrollment is going to go WAY up!!

I'm glad my kids were there when it was still considered a small school!

Adidas410s
06-14-2007, 01:53 PM

K...evidently the DMN article did a poor job explaining the situation. It made it sound like we would have 4 state champs instead of 2 in 5A...and I was thinking, "Well why not just give everybody a trophy for fielding a team?"

kepdawg
06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Can somebody post a link to an article or website talking about this? Everything I have seen has only been in regards to 5A.

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Can somebody post a link to an article or website talking about this? Everything I have seen has only been in regards to 5A.
What I most recently read was 5a was the "test" I think. I'll see if I can find again and post the link.

mwynn05
06-14-2007, 11:31 PM
It would work well for 5a i think but im not so sure how it would work for 3a's specifically west texas

BILLYFRED0000
06-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
That's true

There wouldn't be any additional state champions, which has always been my biggest complaint. They would simply cut the classes in two before the season, which is more fair.

I have to say, however, that 5A is the only class i would like to see that happen to

I believe that 4a and 5a should be set by enrollment. It is necessary to give a little more spread for the large enrollment schools without forcing a little guy into the ring. The reason is simple. At the small school level 1a is taking a beating. You have
a school with an enrollment of 92 or 93 that is a traditional 11 man school. They are not interested in 6-man. But they have to compete with schools with 189 enrollment. Not hardly fair. By setting districts by enrollment and divisions on the same you get
balance from the start rather than something like Celina has had.
We were big school in 98, small in 99 and 2000 I think and small again in 2001. However we were much larger than some of the schools we were up against such as Crawford in 04. They had an enrollment of 195 when we played them and we were close to 400. They won but I still would not bet that way very often.

BILLYFRED0000
06-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Everything I have read says that only 5a is being considered and at this time considered is the phrase. This is to avoid having schools with 2000 playing schools with 6000+.

Snydertigersrul
06-15-2007, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

5A is getting all of the focus, but it's for all of the classifiation. You should know that know the UIL looks out for 5A, then 4A, and the rest of the schools are on their own (but they wouldn't never admit that). They really don't care how it affects the smaller schools (3A and on down).

3afan
06-15-2007, 06:06 AM
5A is getting all of the focus, but it's for all of the classifiation. You should know that know the UIL looks out for 5A, then 4A, and the rest of the schools are on their own (but they wouldn't never admit that). They really don't care how it affects the smaller schools (3A and on down).

:rolleyes:
don't say stuff you KNOW nothing about ....

charlesrixey
06-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

yep--

the UIL is an institution to help foster academic and athletic competition in our schools (and by the way, most states around the country think what we have is the best)

you should see how unorganized a lot of sports are here on the east coast

also if you have 5A with 150,000 students (just a bs number) and smaller classes with 50,000 or 20,000 or 5,000, you still have to do what's best for everyone--and when 85% of the kids are in the big schools--that is who is going to get the most assistance. But, having come from a small school, i don't think (from the 50 small schools i have seen) that it's that bad

Snydertigersrul
06-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
yep--

the UIL is an institution to help foster academic and athletic competition in our schools (and by the way, most states around the country think what we have is the best)

you should see how unorganized a lot of sports are here on the east coast

also if you have 5A with 150,000 students (just a bs number) and smaller classes with 50,000 or 20,000 or 5,000, you still have to do what's best for everyone--and when 85% of the kids are in the big schools--that is who is going to get the most assistance. But, having come from a small school, i don't think (from the 50 small schools i have seen) that it's that bad

I could not have said it better. Other states pattern their associations after the UIL. Everything is done for 5A and then some for 4A and the rest of us get whatever is left over. That's just a fact of life. Why do you think that the expansion in the playoffs were first in 5A and that their championship games were the first at one site.

Snydertigersrul
06-15-2007, 09:01 AM

You need to think before you speak or post.

kepdawg
06-15-2007, 10:31 AM
I could not have said it better. Other states pattern their associations after the UIL. Everything is done for 5A and then some for 4A and the rest of us get whatever is left over. That's just a fact of life. Why do you think that the expansion in the playoffs were first in 5A and that their championship games were the first at one site.

That's easy! Because you can't cap 5A without the creation of 6A! Therefore they have to look at alternatives such as football only districts split in two divisions by enrollment.

3afan
06-15-2007, 11:04 AM
You need to think before you speak or post.

likewise ...

try reading up on HOW (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/) the UIL really operates ....

Snydertigersrul
06-15-2007, 05:39 PM
likewise ...

try reading up on HOW (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/) the UIL really operates ....

You have no idea what you are talking about.

rancher
06-15-2007, 07:25 PM
THERE IS TOO MUCH CONFUSION ON THIS ISSUE. 5A ALREADY IS OPERATING ON THE DI AND DII SYSTEM. EACH DISTRICT SENDS FOUR TEAMS TO THE PLAYOFFS. THE LARGEST TWO SCHOOLS TO DI THE SMALLEST TWO TO DII. THE UIL IS ONLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS THE SAME ACROSS ALL CLASSIFICATIONS. I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEAL.

3afan
06-15-2007, 08:00 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about.

haha - you crack me up .....

once again - read up on how the UIL works, who the UIL is made up of, etc., and you'll get insight on how these types of decisions are made

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by rancher
THERE IS TOO MUCH CONFUSION ON THIS ISSUE. 5A ALREADY IS OPERATING ON THE DI AND DII SYSTEM. EACH DISTRICT SENDS FOUR TEAMS TO THE PLAYOFFS. THE LARGEST TWO SCHOOLS TO DI THE SMALLEST TWO TO DII. THE UIL IS ONLY TRYING TO MAKE THIS THE SAME ACROSS ALL CLASSIFICATIONS. I THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEAL.
Actually, the "plan" the UIL is looking at is to split the districts into DI districts and DII districts.

Snydertigersrul
06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
haha - you crack me up .....

once again - read up on how the UIL works, who the UIL is made up of, etc., and you'll get insight on how these types of decisions are made

By the way, how has Forney fared since going to 4A?

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2007, 06:34 AM
What does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

3afan
06-16-2007, 07:53 AM

not bad actually, 3-7 & 3-7 first 2 seasons with a schedule that included 7 playoff teams and an opponents winning % that was the TOUGHEST IN 4A, then 5-5 last season ---- not too bad

and thats relevant to this discussion how ???

hey, I'm just trying to get the real information out there ..... most folks who badmouth the UIL - especially those "all about the $ morons" - don't have a clue re how the UIL operates

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 07:56 AM
not bad actually, 3-7 & 3-7 first 2 seasons with a schedule that included 7 playoff teams and an opponents winning % that was the TOUGHEST IN 4A, then 5-5 last season ---- not too bad

and thats relevant to this discussion how ???

hey, I'm just trying to get the real information out there ..... most folks who badmouth the UIL - especially those "all about the $ morons" - don't have a clue re how the UIL operates

Apparently you don't. Were you at the meeting last week, I was?

3afan
06-16-2007, 07:58 AM
** sigh ***

have a great weekend ....

Snydertigersrul
06-16-2007, 08:00 AM
** sigh ***

have a great weekend ....

You too. I would think you would favor the new propsoal because Forney would probably return to 3A