PDA

View Full Version : The Smell Of Football

LHPfactory
06-13-2007, 10:42 PM
I have been taking my boys to the football field here in LH this week getting them ready for pop warner. And there is something about summer, fresh cut grass, and the wind blowing from goal post to goal post. The smell brings back powerful memories of football when I was a youth. I know for some its the sound of the band and smell of frito pie and nachos during the season, but for me its the heat and that smell of fresh cut turf, man I cant wait till August.

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LHPfactory
I have been taking my boys to the football field here in LH this week getting them ready for pop warner. And there is something about summer, fresh cut grass, and the wind blowing from goal post to goal post. The smell brings back powerful memories of football when I was a youth. I know for some its the sound of the band and smell of frito pie and nachos during the season, but for me its the heat and that smell of fresh cut turf, man I cant wait till August.

To me the memory is when I go into a fieldhouse to interview a coach..it is that pungent nasty smell of sweaty equipment that brings back all my memories of playing..It stinks..but in a good way

smustangs
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
nothing like a sweatly locker room smell then stepping onto a freshly mowed field w/ a slight amount of dew on it at about 7 in the morning for practice. man i cant wait for august 1 WOO HOO

JHS_c/o_06'
06-14-2007, 12:09 AM
The smell of football to me......would be the way the air smells early early in the morning mixed with the cool air at 6am getting ready for two a days. Along with the smell of new cleats and plastic. Also the smell of cheap laundry detergent that they used to clean your grays every day. Yeah after a while there was a 'stink'.....but to be honest.....you get used to it.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-14-2007, 12:26 AM
Nothing quite like the smell of sweat and blood mixed together. I sure am going to miss it when it's over, but I'm going to be honest when I say that I'm not looking forward to Two-A-Days this Fall if our summer workouts are indicative of what we're going to be doing then.

smustangs
06-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Nothing quite like the smell of sweat and blood mixed together. I sure am going to miss it when it's over, but I'm going to be honest when I say that I'm not looking forward to Two-A-Days this Fall if our summer workouts are indicative of what we're going to be doing then.

i have a feeling our fall two a days will be very hard cuz we have several walk ons, i bet coach just keeps a lot of em' till the season starts for bodies in practice

KingRob
06-14-2007, 07:38 AM
I always remember the pep rallies on friday afternoons. What a great way to let off steam! Man, I'm really hoping to get to a game this year....Can't wait for the season to start.