PDA

View Full Version : What is Forney running offensively?

kaorder1999
09-02-2003, 07:37 PM
i heard they were going to go to a shotfun spread look..but have they done it yet?

jason
09-02-2003, 09:40 PM
they're probably runnin the same old toss left, toss right, hand off right up the middle...with an occasional swing pass...

BigDog
09-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Hey man, they went to the shotgun several times Friday night and ran the QB draw and threw from the formation as well. The first play was play action and a fly pattern down the right side that drew a pass interference. We ran some of the similar plays but did spread the field more than the past. I beleive we still need more crossing routes and screens to balance the rushing attack.

We should have scored two more touchdowns in the first half. We had a receiver wide open on the five on play action; however, the receiver and QB were not on the same route. We also fumbled on a nice drive around Aledo's 20 yard line. Aledo got a long touchdown pass in the last few seconds of the first half which we should have not gave up - even though it was a good play. We answered their score in the second half with a kickoff return for a touchdown and intercepted a pass late in the forth to set up the winning drive for the field goal. I'm sure they meant to call the time out with only 2 or 3 seconds left in the game instead of 5 which made us kickoff after the field goal. We had to kickoff with three seconds and they cauth the ball and took a knee with no time taken off the clock. Defense put pressure on the QB on last play and we picked off the pass to end the game. Overall, I think we played well but will have to play better against Horn this Friday! Let me know when you will make it out to a game!

kaorder1999
09-02-2003, 11:37 PM
man..im not sure im going to be able to make it to one...im on the sidelines with our guys every friday night...we had a big win this last week...it was huge for our guys!!!

crzyjournalist03
09-03-2003, 10:58 AM
I figured we'd open it up more this year with Caleb being a senior and getting recruited.