PDA

View Full Version : wearing baseball pants down

Bull19
06-13-2007, 08:48 PM
it might just be me but i personally think its very tacky when baseball players wear their pants down like jeans......and i really get ticked when they pull them over their spikes underneath the sole of the cleats.

they are baseball pants, not jeans. they should be wore up like they were intended too.

god bless texas aggies for making the team rule of everybody wearing their pants up

SWMustang
06-13-2007, 09:07 PM
you mean the pants coming halfway between the knee and the foot?

DU_stud04
06-13-2007, 09:18 PM
i used to wear them at the knees always...... idk, i found them more comfortable a tiny bit bigger an down over the spike : shruggs :

tigerpride_08
06-13-2007, 11:24 PM
our coach buys them kind of baggy so we have no use but to wear them down because we look tacky with them up...

CheerMom
06-13-2007, 11:32 PM
Personally, I can't stand it when they wear them down, either. And when they do pull them under the cleats and then they try to walk.......they look like they have something stuck where it shouldn't be.:eek: :eek:

Maroon87
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Knee high...or between knee and ankle. That's how they're meant to be worn IMO. :cool:

smustangs
06-14-2007, 12:37 AM
i always wore mine knee high when i played

Macarthur
06-14-2007, 10:33 AM
They shouldn't be knee high and they shouldn't be all the way to the shoe. They should go down between the bottom of the calf muscle and your ankle. Long, but not all the way.

chaingang
06-14-2007, 11:03 AM
The correct terminology for wering them up is "blousing"

Keith7
06-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I always pulled my pants up to my knees, but I knew a bunch of people who liked to pull them over their cleats.. I read a thing in espn the magazine about a year ago that said that studies have shown that wearing your pants over your cleats slow you down .5 a second.. that alone makes it not worth it just to look cool

Gp83
06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I make my 10 year old wear his pants down to his shoes. I pay premium price ($50) for his bball pants just to do so. I really like the long look better.

pirate4state
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Knee high...or between knee and ankle. That's how they're meant to be worn IMO. :cool: Agreed. I don't think I have any pictures of the baseball team this year, but they had the "old fashioned" look to 'em. The pants seemed to be ballooned a bit, know what I mean? LOL.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
In my softball league, I play with pants UP. Up to the knees, and the slack hanging a little bit.

GreenMonster
06-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I make my 10 year old wear his pants down to his shoes. I pay premium price ($50) for his bball pants just to do so. I really like the long look better.

Tell 'em GP! Down to the top of the shoe is way better. No, not over the shoe, under the shoe, and certainly not all the way up to the knees either. People, Babe Ruth died years ago let his style of pants die with him. As for pants mid-way between the knee and the sock, it worked for Johnny Bench and the Big Red Machine.

AP Panther Fan
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
My preference would be the shorter length and I really dislike when they pull them over the shoe and under the cleat. Those guys almost look like "gangsta" athletes...that used to be an oxymoron, perhaps not anymore though.:thinking:

Bull19
06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
My preference would be the shorter length and I really dislike when they pull them over the shoe and under the cleat. Those guys almost look like "gangsta" athletes...that used to be an oxymoron, perhaps not anymore though.:thinking:

agreed...whenever i see the pants pulled under the cleats the first thing i think is how trashy that looks and i think its very "thuggish"

Mot'r Boat'r
06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Moat'r Boat'r thinks that pants legs whould be pulled up to just under knee (resting in that groove before the calf muscle gets big) if that makes any sense!