PDA

View Full Version : The US Open...who got the better end of this deal

Adidas410s
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I made the following bet with a co-worker...

He gets:
Tiger Woods
Adam Scott
Stuart Appleby
Nathan Green

I get:
Everybody else

- Tiger has never won a major on a Par 70 course. Unless he starts finding the fairway on a consistent basis...it won't happen here either. The course will play to over 7400 yards!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

- Adam Scott definitely has the length to contend at Oakmont. However, he never seems to do that well at the majors in the US.

- Appleby and Green don't worry me. I gave him the chance to pick 4 golfers ranked #11 or lower in the world golf rankings...and I got to choose 1 from there. If he chose 2 guys that were 25 or lower...I could give him both of them instead. Those 2 won't be a factor come Sunday afternoon.

CalallenWildcat
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
So you have Mickleson, Davis Love, Ernie Els, Vijay Singh...

I think you have the better deal

injuredinmelee
06-13-2007, 03:37 PM
I think this is Furyk's week.
Phil is too badly injured to contend. He said himself if he has to hit out of the DEEP rough it will aggravate his wrist injury.

The person that wins this week will have to putt out of his mind. Supposedly the greens this week are the hardest in North America per ESPN Golf Analyst.

pooch
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
i think 8 over will win it.

BILLYFRED0000
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think this is Furyk's week.
Phil is too badly injured to contend. He said himself if he has to hit out of the DEEP rough it will aggravate his wrist injury.

The person that wins this week will have to putt out of his mind. Supposedly the greens this week are the hardest in North America per ESPN Golf Analyst.

If this is true then Tiger has a shot. He can get his putter going crazy on hard greens. Augusta National greens are usually fast and hard and he does well there.

Maroon87
06-13-2007, 11:41 PM
I agree with injured...I think Furyk wins Open #2 this week.