PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather have a 60 yeard Punter or 60 yard Kicker?

Fotbol
06-13-2007, 01:11 PM
I think I would take the Punter for filed position:thinking: although having a 60 kicker wouldn't be bad either if the coach would use him like we should've against Bellville I:foul: :foul: :foul: Sorry Ya'll I had a flashback, still get emotional over that loss, you would swear I was playing or coaching.

big daddy russ
06-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
I think I would take the Punter for filed position:thinking: although having a 60 kicker wouldn't be bad either if the coach would use him like we should've against Bellville I:foul: :foul: :foul: Sorry Ya'll I had a flashback, still get emotional over that loss, you would swear I was playing or coaching.
Baylor was able to stay in a few games the past couple of years because of a 70-yard kicker. Like they say, I just want to put my team in a position to win.

smustangs
06-13-2007, 01:15 PM
i would want the punter for field position myself

txkmom
06-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Kicker.

piratebg
06-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Punter :)

crzyjournalist03
06-13-2007, 01:48 PM
kickers put points on the board. Points win games.

DU_stud04
06-13-2007, 04:05 PM
punter..... kicker would be great, but how accurate can he be from 60 out?then when he misses. ill punt, thank you.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
when we went to state, our punter WAS our kicker.....oh yeah...he was our QB too!!!:D

txkmom
06-13-2007, 04:14 PM
ours, too.

pooch
06-13-2007, 04:15 PM
kicker

:p

tigerpride_08
06-13-2007, 05:06 PM
kicker for sure...thats what eventually beat us this year in football..Tank Carder of Sweeny hit a far field goal so send it in overtime and we end up losing...:(

Phantom Stang
06-13-2007, 05:12 PM
If he's consistently accurate, I'll take the kicker. That way, if you make it into your opponents territory, you can still pin em deep, with 3 points on the board to boot!!:thumbsup:

bandera7
06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
when we won state, we had a great kicker, and a decent punter...so Ill take kicker.

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Give me the kicker. :) I think we had roughly 10 punts all last season....give or take a couple. :D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-13-2007, 06:35 PM
that really depends on where your strengths in other things lie. if you have a stronger offense, i would prolly go with the kicker. if you have a stronger defense, then the punter. thats just basic common sense. if you can put the ball down the feild and hold the other team to three and out, then you have a better chance at scoring 7 pts as opposed to just the 3 from the kicker.

bevo
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
that really depends on where your strengths in other things lie. if you have a stronger offense, i would prolly go with the kicker. if you have a stronger defense, then the punter. thats just basic common sense. if you can put the ball down the feild and hold the other team to three and out, then you have a better chance at scoring 7 pts as opposed to just the 3 from the kicker.

Like Bullfrog stated…it depends where your strengths lie. But you do have to take both into perspective…If your punter could punt @ 60 yards, can he maintain a good consistent hang time, because if not there is those instances where punters can kick past the coverage. Example: Take Ray Guy (for those of you that know who he was)…He could punt at great distances too, but where he was valuable was with his great hang time, that would allow his team mates to defend the return, and more oft than not, say just guessing around 90% of the time it was with a fair catch.

But then there is the kicker, a long range kicker is a valuable asset to any team. But what coach is going to line up an offence on their side of the 50 yard line to allow a kicker to attempt that distance and that often? A long range kicker is not a consistent kicker at extremely long distances, but knowing that he had a range to kick it if ever needed in a desperate position, would make him or anyone beneficial to any team.

But it all goes back to field position. I personally think that the punter would be more of an advantage to a team because realistically you try and pen a team deep and allow them to make mistakes, and then you capitalize off of their mistakes. Then if you’ve got a good field goal kicker and can’t punch it into the end zone…then that’s where your kicker would be an advantage and with great field position too.

necks_c/09
06-14-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
i would want the punter for field position myself word