PDA

View Full Version : Crocs

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 09:42 AM
http://shop.crocs.com/images/Product/icon/15.jpg

^^ those are crocs in case you didn't know or had been hiding under a rock or whatever :p

Anyway - last night I see this guy wearing crocs and it just looked all wrong!!! So, my question is - What do you think of guys wearing crocs?

Multiple choice poll :nerd:

luvhoops34
06-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm not hatin' on gay people. But yea if I saw a guy wearing them, my "gaydar" would immediately go off.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I think they are ugly no matter what gender is wearing them!!

I personally wouldn't be caught dead wearing a pair!!:p

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 09:50 AM
By the way, his Crocs were not purple, but tan :hairpunk: and he was wearing khaki shorts with a red & blue striped polo. Maybe he is just a republican. :devil: HAHAHA

CHS_CG
06-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I totally agree.. they are ugly as heck

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Crocs have been around for a while.....they just used to be called "gardening shoes"!!

maestro
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
maybe he was BRITISH!!

Macarthur
06-13-2007, 09:58 AM
I agree they are not made for "style", but they are comfortable as hell.

I wear em and I don't give a damn what anyone thinks.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Are you "metro-sexual"??

charlesrixey
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM

AMEN!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Were you in Corpus last night??? :D:D

luvhoops34
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM

Well then post a picture of yourself so we can see!

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I tried them on once.. they are pretty comfy. I think they look funny on me and I don't think I would be willing to pay that much for something like that.. I would rather use that money on a cute pair of flip flops.:)

luvhoops34
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by stangGirl2007
I tried them on once.. they are pretty comfy. I think they look funny on me and I don't think I would be willing to pay that much for something like that.. I would rather use that money on a cute pair of flip flops.:)

Flip flops RULE!

CHS_CG
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Flip flops RULE!

AMEN!!! During the summer its all about flip flops and even some in the winter!

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Flip flops RULE!

They do.. especially the chucky flip flops.. I do love anything that gives me height.:D
Abercrombie and American Eagle always seem to have cute flip flops when I am in the mood to buy more expensive ones.. I love them!:inlove:

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Flip flops RULE!

Amen Sister!!!!!

Up until a couple of years ago, I hadn't worn them since I was 18, or so.

I finally forced myself to get used to them again, and I am SO glad I did! I wear a pair, be it Old Navy casual or Dillard's dressy.....everyday!!!

I bought some "Speedo's" at Sams last week....navy blue and white....I LOVE THEM!!!!!

44INAROW
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
well - call me gay then, I wear mine all the time.......... :D I like to refer them as my "comfy clogs"

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Amen Sister!!!!!
I bought some "Speedo's" at Sams last week....navy blue and white....I LOVE THEM!!!!!

I've seen those before.. and I like them. Did you see any really small sizes there?? I need some new navy blue flips flops.

DaHop72
06-13-2007, 10:13 AM

I bought a "Speedo'" ....navy blue and white....I LOVE IT!!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :kiss:

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
well - call me gay then, I wear mine all the time.......... :D I like to refer them as my "comfy clogs" I like them, but on GUYS they just look WRONG!!! :D I don't own a pair, I just can't see myself paying that much $ for 'em.

I love my $10 UT flip flops from Academy :D

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:devil: :devil: :devil: :kiss:

You ole devil you!!;)

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I like them, but on GUYS they just look WRONG!!! :D I don't own a pair, I just can't see myself paying that much $ for 'em.

I love my $10 UT flip flops from Academy :D
'
If you don't get the brand name, they don't cost nearly as much!!

Heck....I can find them in the dollar store with the gardening supplies for $5. They look identical!!

Google "gardening shoes" and see what it brings up!!

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Since I always wear flip flops to football games.. I think theses would be more fun than my plain black old navy pair.

http://i10.tinypic.com/6asv3g9.jpg

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Since I always wear flip flops to football games.. I think theses would be more fun than my plain black old navy pair.

I LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I have some croc flip flops

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:20 AM
'
If you don't get the brand name, they don't cost nearly as much!!

Heck....I can find them in the dollar store with the gardening supplies for $5. They look identical!!

Google "gardening shoes" and see what it brings up!!

Eh, it's no big deal. I'm happy with my flip flops. I do need some new Reefs, now those I don't mind paying $$ for - I love them! I got so mad at my dogs - they tore up my black pair. :( Now, they have alot more colors & styles. :inlove:

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
I LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

ME TOO! It's like Deb's football purse.. it's just amazing! I think we should all order some before football season:inlove:

District303aPastPlayer
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Eh, it's no big deal. I'm happy with my flip flops. I do need some new Reefs, now those I don't mind paying $$ for - I love them! I got so mad at my dogs - they tore up my black pair. :( Now, they have alot more colors & styles. :inlove:

they have pairs with bottle openers built into the bottom of them... which i think is just great

pirate4state

http://i10.tinypic.com/6asv3g9.jpg Those would look better on girls!! :D Where can we get 'em?

carter08
I have a pair of the Croc flip flops

The ones without the ugly cover thing.

I like them.

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Those flip flops are even made from authentic footballs.. not just some junk that most of them are made from! I'm in love.. looking at this website right now.. I might just have to order them:D

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
they have pairs with bottle openers built into the bottom of them... which i think is just great good to know, but i don't drink beer, even though i did have one last night :hairpunk: just because it was so hot outside & I was thirsty and it was cold, for the most part - anyway........

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:24 AM

Hey....I got some of those the other day at a consignment store (red ones).....I paid $3.50 for them!!! :D :D

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I have a pair of the Croc flip flops

The ones without the ugly cover thing.

I like them.

Flip flops I can handle, but not the other kind

MEGS: Found out how much they are!

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 10:27 AM

I really like those.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Flip flops I can handle, but not the other kind

MEGS: Found out how much they are!

The crocs....(not the flip flops) seem like they would be hot and sweaty to me!!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
The crocs....(not the flip flops) seem like they would be hot and sweaty to me!! I agree.

I can't figure out how to order those flip flops. They have baseball too!!! :D

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:29 AM
On the flip flop website I can't find the stinkin price:(

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM
On the flip flop website I can't find the stinkin price:( me either or a way to order them - argh! :mad:

AP Panther Fan
I agree.

What site are those on? Did I miss where it was already posted?

Ranger Mom
I agree.

I called them, but got a message that they are in Las Vegas at the "Sports Manufacturers Trade Show" and I was asked to leave a message....I just hung up!!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
What site are those on? Did I miss where it was already posted? via pm here ya go http://www.grandslamwear.com/products/sport_flip_flops

i bought a bracelet at the CWS a few years ago - I love it!

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I called them, but got a message that they are in Las Vegas at the "Sports Manufacturers Trade Show" and I was asked to leave a message....I just hung up!!

Grr.. I really want some!:mad: :mad:

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM

i bought a bracelet at the CWS a few years ago - I love it!

You bought one where?? I want one! Sounds cute:D (I hope my dad is on here listening to this! hint..hint;) )

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks, I will take a look at that site.

I did find these while searching....not quite as cute though. The brown beads are footballs.

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/41tI5kIloIL._AA280_.jpg

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Here are my "speedos" that I just took a picture of!!:D :D

This is not a good picture......they are REALLY cute!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/speedos.jpg

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 10:43 AM

It looks as if you have to become one of their retailers in order to purchase them.

I guess just like when you go to a softball tournament and see the guys selling all the cool "stuff" ...bags, glasses, shirts, stickers etc...

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:44 AM
It looks as if you have to become one of their retailers in order to purchase them.

I guess just like when you go to a softball tournament and see the guys selling all the cool "stuff" ...bags, glasses, shirts, stickers etc...

A "downlow" store maybe??:thinking:

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 10:45 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/speedos.jpg If those come in youth sizes... I need some!

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 10:53 AM
If those come in youth sizes... I need some!

What size??

They had TONS of them....but in only two colors. The white with Navy.....and then black with white.....I wouldn't mind having some of the black ones too!!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:56 AM
You bought one where?? I want one! Sounds cute:D (I hope my dad is on here listening to this! hint..hint;) ) At the College World Series (CWS) :p :p

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 10:56 AM
A "downlow" store maybe??:thinking: Now there is an idea! :thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
06-13-2007, 10:57 AM
I voted "depends on the occasion".

They'd be ok to use for shower shoes, but a man wearing them in public is well.....gay.

Macarthur
06-13-2007, 11:08 AM
So Crocs are gay and those speedos are not?

You guys are freaking nuts.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
So Crocs are gay and those speedos are not?

You guys are freaking nuts.

They are "girls" flip flops.....I wouldn't want to see a guy wearing those either!!!!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
They are "girls" flip flops.....I wouldn't want to see a guy wearing those either!!!! Exactly. Heck, even some girls shouldn't be wearing flip flops. :D Good thing Buffy isn't here - she'd be all over this as she does not think guys should wear sandals/flip flops - PERIOD! :D

carter08
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
I hate shoes

Flip flops are the closest I can get to walking into Wal- Mart barefoot.

So I where them.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Exactly. Heck, even some girls shouldn't be wearing flip flops. :D Good thing Buffy isn't here - she'd be all over this as she does not think guys should wear sandals/flip flops - PERIOD! :D

Really?? She reminds me of the "hippy" sort....I thought she would be all into sandals, body piercings, tattoos, etc!!!:D

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by carter08
I hate shoes

Flip flops are the closest I can get to walking into Wal- Mart barefoot.

So I where them.

You need "sticky shoes"!!!!

http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/stickyshoes_1.jpg

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Really?? She reminds me of the "hippy" sort....I thought she would be all into sandals, body piercings, tattoos, etc!!!:D ummmmmmmmm, i'm pretty sure she has stated on more than one occassion that guys wearing flip flops is not her cup of tea. I'm sure Terry could shed some light on this subject. :D

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Exactly. Heck, even some girls shouldn't be wearing flip flops. :D Good thing Buffy isn't here - she'd be all over this as she does not think guys should wear sandals/flip flops - PERIOD! :D

Wonder why, must not like the hair on the toes thing....

I agree that there are many women that shouldn't wear sandals too....nothing nastier looking than unhealthy toe nails. yuk.

44INAROW
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/speedos.jpg

much better than the speedos I've seen in the past :D (aka banana hammack) :eek:

Txbroadcaster
06-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Wonder why, must not like the hair on the toes thing....

I agree that there are many women that shouldn't wear sandals too....nothing nastier looking than unhealthy toe nails. yuk.

yep that is why she hates them.. a guy who worked in the office with her in NAc wore them all the time and he had toes with more hair than gorillas...it made her sick every time lol

Plus she hates those Crocs on anyone

stangGirl2007
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
What size??

They had TONS of them....but in only two colors. The white with Navy.....and then black with white.....I wouldn't mind having some of the black ones too!! like a 4 or a 5. I hope they have my size..many places don`t.

big daddy russ
06-13-2007, 01:03 PM
If they were purple, it's gay. But if you get them in a decent color, they're not gay. End of story.

They're essentially the same thing as Tiddies.

I guess it also depends on where you live though. If you're from inland, not close to the coast, they probably look weirder to you. The closer to the coast you get, the more guys you see wearing them. In Ingleside/Port Aransas/Aransas Pass/Rockport I see guys wearing them all the time. And a lot of those guys are fishing guides.... definitely a heterosexual species of the male gender.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I If you're from inland, not close to the coast, they probably look weirder to you.

I guess that could be why they look so weird to me!!:p

AAA87
06-13-2007, 01:58 PM
I have 3 pair of crocs and I am male and have never had anyone say i look gay....i wear them to the beach, on the boat to fish before i get out to wade fish and the best thing about them they are made with some stuff that wont let them smell and I can just put them in the dish washer to clean...the only proble is since I wear a size 15 I have to buy them on the internet and they only come in 3 colors in my size....thus I have them all........I am not Gay and I have no opinion against Gays and I dare anyone to call me Gay to my face........I will just have to tell them I have always been happy....

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
If they were purple, it's gay. But if you get them in a decent color, they're not gay. End of story.

They're essentially the same thing as Tiddies.

I guess it also depends on where you live though. If you're from inland, not close to the coast, they probably look weirder to you. The closer to the coast you get, the more guys you see wearing them. In Ingleside/Port Aransas/Aransas Pass/Rockport I see guys wearing them all the time. And a lot of those guys are fishing guides.... definitely a heterosexual species of the male gender.
Well, I'm only 30 miles inland and it was just odd to see a man wearing them. Maybe it was his entire outfit and how "put together" he was for an outdoor concert at Brewster's? :thinking: I dunno.

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
I have 3 pair of crocs and I am male and have never had anyone say i look gay....i wear them to the beach, on the boat to fish before i get out to wade fish and the best thing about them they are made with some stuff that wont let them smell and I can just put them in the dish washer to clean...the only proble is since I wear a size 15 I have to buy them on the internet and they only come in 3 colors in my size....thus I have them all........I am not Gay and I have no opinion against Gays and I dare anyone to call me Gay to my face........I will just have to tell them I have always been happy.... :eek: :eek: size 15 :eek: :eek: well, at least it wasn't you I saw last night. I'd say that guy was wearing a size 10 or 11 maybe smaller. :D

What colors come in size 15?

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AAA87
I have 3 pair of crocs and I am male and have never had anyone say i look gay....i wear them to the beach, on the boat to fish before i get out to wade fish and the best thing about them they are made with some stuff that wont let them smell and I can just put them in the dish washer to clean...the only proble is since I wear a size 15 I have to buy them on the internet and they only come in 3 colors in my size....thus I have them all........I am not Gay and I have no opinion against Gays and I dare anyone to call me Gay to my face........I will just have to tell them I have always been happy....

LOL!! I was one of the ones who voted "don't have an opinion either way"!!

I don't think they are "gay"....I just said I thought they were ugly!! I'm sure I wear some things others wouldn't be caught dead in either!!!:D :D

pooch
06-13-2007, 02:46 PM
me personally, i didn't like the looks of them, never really thought about them until the wife takes me into the Crocs store at that outlet place in Round Rock. Now I got me a black pair, they comfortable as anything too. I wear them when I am not wearing my flip flops.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by pooch
me personally, i didn't like the looks of them, never really thought about them until the wife takes me into the Crocs store at that outlet place in Round Rock. Now I got me a black pair, they comfortable as anything too. I wear them when I am not wearing my flip flops.

Heck....I just finally got my husband to wear the "no show" socks and not just push his "mid-calf" socks down around his ankles!!

If I was to ask him to wear a pair of crocs, I would be laughed out of Greenwood!!:p

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM

THEY HAVE A CROCS STORE THERE NOW TOO! :foul:

It is a travesty that the Corpus Christi Area has no outlet malls....zero, zip, nada!:mad:

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 03:00 PM
THEY HAVE A CROCS STORE THERE NOW TOO! :foul:

It is a travesty that the Corpus Christi Area has no outlet malls....zero, zip, nada!:mad:

I agree. There is no Zoo either. :( I love zoos. Brownsville and Ft. Worth are my favorites.

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Heck....I just finally got my husband to wear the "no show" socks and not just push his "mid-calf" socks down around his ankles!!

LOL...same here. He nor my son will wear a pair of sandals or flip flops though.

pooch
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
go get'em a pedicure....LOL

:p

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
I agree. There is no Zoo either. :( I love zoos. Brownsville and Ft. Worth are my favorites.

I have never been to the one in Fort Worth. Have been to Brownsville, San Antonio and one in Montgomery, Alabama. Zoos are either really neat or really crappy it seems. Nice clean zoos are great, but there isn't anything worse than a dirty, stinky one where you feel sorry for the animals. Know what I mean?

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
go get'em a pedicure....LOL

:p

ewwwww...the thought kinda made my stomach turn. I could never be one of those "people" that give pedicures...pedicurist.:cool:

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I have never been to the one in Fort Worth. Have been to Brownsville, San Antonio and one in Montgomery, Alabama. Zoos are either really neat or really crappy it seems. Nice clean zoos are great, but there isn't anything worse than a dirty, stinky one where you feel sorry for the animals. Know what I mean? Yes, I do. Hell, even Sinton had a zoo at one time. :dispntd: I agree nothing worse than a dirty, stinky one. I'd love to go to the San Diego Zoo and the Central Park Zoo. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 03:11 PM
LOL...same here. He nor my son will wear a pair of sandals or flip flops though.

LOL!! Neither will mine!!

But...it's fine to wear boots with cut-off shorts if you are weed eating!!:nerd: :nerd:

pooch
hey AP, I hear the FW zoo is pretty awesome...our little family will be going sometime this summer (hopefully on a decent weather day where the animals will be out.)

if you're in Tyler, check out the Caldwell Zoo. it used to be free with donations, but now there's a fee, but still good. Our kids (ages 3 & &) enjoyed it.

pirate4state
Somehow, I doubt APPF's husband and/or son would sit still for a pedicure.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Fort Worth and San Antonio Zoos are the best I have been to in Texas.

The Abilene zoo is small, but pretty good for no more than they have there!!

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Fort Worth and San Antonio Zoos are the best I have been to in Texas.

The Abilene zoo is small, but pretty good for no more than they have there!!

Loved the Ft. Worth Zoo. I haven't been to the San Antonio Zoo :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm

While visiting my friends in Seattle we went to Woodland Park Zoo - very nice!!! :thumbsup:

We also did this train tour thingy where we got to see all kinds of animals - I have pictures somewhere - I'll have to look 'em up. I even got a pic of a bald eagle, but I had a pretty crappy camera back then so like you have to really strain to see it. :D

44INAROW
06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
speaking of pedicures - have you seen the video of the female comedian doing a takeoff on the chinese manicurist? It is too funny...........

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
speaking of pedicures - have you seen the video of the female comedian doing a takeoff on the chinese manicurist? It is too funny........... nope

pooch
06-13-2007, 03:39 PM

why? they got worms? :crazy1:

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
I haven't been to the San Antonio Zoo :thinking: hmmmmmmmmmm

It's pretty nice....but protect your valuables.

Last time I went, when my kids were considerably younger, I had my wallet stolen out of a diaper bag connected to the stroller that I was pushing...with my daughter in it. :eek:

I think someone had been watching me and found the opportunity while I was staring at whatever....I spent about two hours in the parking lot, on the phone, cancelling cards and freaking out. :dispntd:

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2007, 03:47 PM

you just made me spit on my desk......lol!:D

Ranger Mom
06-13-2007, 03:47 PM

That made me laugh....BIG TIME!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/smilies/boogie.gif

pooch
06-13-2007, 04:39 PM
i taught a kid this past year who freaking got up at any time during class....it was like he had to move around. he didn't do anything, just had to get up and move. i always asked him if he had worms. he said , "Huh?"....anyhoo, other kids caught on and started calling him wormy....oops...also, me and wormy had this deal worked out for him to get up out of his seat anytime he needed but only by raising hand or some such....it was all good for the rest of the year except he's still wormy. :D

pirate4state
06-13-2007, 04:58 PM
i taught a kid this past year who freaking got up at any time during class....it was like he had to move around. he didn't do anything, just had to get up and move. i always asked him if he had worms. he said , "Huh?"....anyhoo, other kids caught on and started calling him wormy....oops...also, me and wormy had this deal worked out for him to get up out of his seat anytime he needed but only by raising hand or some such....it was all good for the rest of the year except he's still wormy. :D

LOL

i have always hated that expression. i remember my mom telling me that once in church - i never moved again - freaked out that I might have worms :eek: :eek: ROFL! talk about BLONDE, but in my defense, I was just a kid. :o