PDA

View Full Version : Cavs got screwed...

Adidas410s
06-12-2007, 10:44 PM
on that no foul call by Bruce Bowen. Oh well...doubt he would've made all 3 FT's anyways. Make more than 37% of your shots and you win...

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 10:45 PM
sucks...yeah...was definitly a foul. Wow

smustangs
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM
wow cant believe they didnt call that one

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 10:47 PM
i woulda called that foul as well....meh, its over. spurs win.

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 10:47 PM
:weeping:

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:48 PM
GOD I HATE THE SPURS:mad: :mad: :mad:

they pulled so much crap that didn't get called......i am so pissed off right now:mad:

Adidas410s
06-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter

I'm not crying...I'm pretty indifferent either way. If the Cavs had shot 40%...they would've won and not needed to hope for a desperate 3 point shot to win.

smustangs
06-12-2007, 10:51 PM

im not crying i could care less who won just calling em' like i see em'

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM

yeah and you can shut the hell up...that lil crybaby face is what Tim Duncan always had...he's a 7'3" pu$$

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I'm not crying...I'm pretty indifferent either way. If the Cavs had shot 40%...they would've won and not needed to hope for a desperate 3 point shot to win.

You're right, the Spurs played horrible and still won. PHX would have kicked SA's butt tonight.

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
yeah and you can shut the hell up...that lil crybaby face is what Tim Duncan always had...he's a 7'3" pu$$

:eek:

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM

No, that crybaby face is for Spurs haters like you. He's not 7'3''. The only "3" is for the number of rings he has, which will soon be 4:D

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 10:57 PM
by watching the video EVERYONE should agree that was a foul at the end of the game. Of course...Spurs fans wouldn't!

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah and you can shut the hell up...that lil crybaby face is what Tim Duncan always had...he's a 7'3" pu$$ too bad he is only 6'1''......:rolleyes:

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:59 PM
No, that crybaby face is for Spurs haters like you. He's not 7'3''. The only "3" is for the number of rings he has, which will soon be 4:D

yeah..and thats about for the same number of years he'll be remembered after he retires compared to lebron james;)

lebron is a wayyyy better player than any of the spurs players..everybody knows it

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
too bad he is only 6'1''......:rolleyes:

only 6'1"???? really???? damn he's just an inch taller than me?!?!

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
by watching the video EVERYONE should agree that was a foul at the end of the game. Of course...Spurs fans wouldn't! i do agree it was a foul, and was very surprised they didnt call it. spurs have been my favorite since i was a wee tot, but for some reason i dont care for this finals series. im glad they're winning, but im not watching besides what i see on sports center the morning after when im getting ready for work.

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:01 PM
only 6'11"???? really???? damn he's just an inch taller than me?!?! wow...your 6'10? :D

GreenMachine
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
GOD I HATE THE SPURS:mad: :mad: :mad:

they pulled so much crap that didn't get called......i am so pissed off right now:mad: James the next MJ :rolleyes: Start making a few of those crucial shots you MISSED all fourth quarter.

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:02 PM
wow...reggie your so sexy and i want your sexy body :D

.....wow....umm...rube....i dont think this is an appropriate place......

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:03 PM
yeah..and thats about for the same number of years he'll be remembered after he retires compared to lebron james;)

lebron is a wayyyy better player than any of the spurs players..everybody knows it better one player ....or better team.... ill stick with my better team.

lebron still rocks though :D

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:04 PM
.....wow....umm...rube....i dont think this is an appropriate place...... hahaha, dude. easy now with that axe spray, makes everything go crazy...youve seen the commercials

smustangs
better one player ....or better team.... ill stick with my better team.

lebron still rocks though :D

i agree lebron is the best player in the series but i would still rather have a better team myself but i love to watch lebron play hes fun to watch

mustang04
Originally posted by GreenMachine
James the next MJ :rolleyes: Start making a few of those crucial shots you MISSED all fourth quarter.

HA....are you forgetting something????? where was MJ at age 22???

wow sometimes you kill me:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull Butter

lebron is a wayyyy better player than any of the spurs players..everybody knows it
How had LeBron done so far in this series? Could I have some stats please? You see, usually the great players produce in big games (Magic, Bird, Jordan). How well has LeBron produced so far, other than his team being down 0-3? Yes, I know you'll whine and say he's only 22. This is his 3rd year in the league. Magic won a title at 20(Rookie). Duncan won a title at 22.(2nd year). Bird won a ring at 23(2nd year). Kareem won a ring at 23(2nd year).

Once again, those stats on LeBron please????????????

smustangs
06-12-2007, 11:05 PM
How had LeBron done so far in this series? Could I have some stats please? You see, usually the great players produce in big games (Magic, Bird, Jordan). How well has LeBron produced so far, other than his team being down 0-3? Yes, I know you'll whine and say he's only 22. This is his 3rd year in the league. Magic won a title at 20(Rookie). Duncan won a title at 22.(2nd year). Bird won a ring at 23(2nd year). Kareem won a ring at 23(2nd year).

if you want stats so bad i bet nba.com has them

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM

yea...umm please while your at it mr. wizard, please tell me the supporting cast each of those players had.....go ahead, throw it out there.....

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
if you want stats so bad i bet nba.com has them tell reggie that then.... ;) :thumbsup:

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:07 PM
yea...umm please while your at it mr. wizard, please tell me the supporting cast each of those players had.....go ahead, throw it out there.....

Oh, now it's about supporting casts! But you say you only cheer for the individual. Well, individuals don't win championships. TEAMS win championships!

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM

and by the way.....w/ the exception of duncan...all those other guys did it in a time where the skill was nowhere what it is today

luvhoops34
06-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Uh in the press conference after the game, LeBron said there was no foul. Just incidental contact. :D

GO SPURS!

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
and by the way.....w/ the exception of duncan...all those other guys did it in a time where the skill was nowhere what it is today So, that's what makes the SPURS (soon to be 4) titles even that much better? Because the players now are more skilled!

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh, now it's about supporting casts! But you say you only cheer for the individual. Well, individuals don't win championships. TEAMS win championships!

i am not arguing about the spurs being the better team...i'm arguing Lebron being the gbest player...quit trying to pull a switcharoo on me....it might work on a $5 hooker but not me:D

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:11 PM
it might work on a $5 hooker but not me:D :D

luvhoops34
06-12-2007, 11:12 PM
i am not arguing about the spurs being the better team...i'm arguing Lebron being the gbest player...quit trying to pull a switcharoo on me....it might work on a $5 hooker but not me:D

$5 hooker:confused: They have those in Angelo these days?

GreenMachine
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
I think Duncan said in an interview, "Stars come up big for their teams." Well Lebron hasn't. They needed a crucial basket and he passed in the final seconds to VAREJAO :rolleyes: His team needed the big shot, and he couldn't make it all game. Yea, he scored 25 pts. on 9 of 23 shooting or something like that...so what. You are the "KING", step up and play like one!

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
So, that's what makes the SPURS (soon to be 4) titles even that much better? Because the players now are more skilled!

when have i tried to say that they arent good????

the whole time we've been going back and forth on here about Lebron being the next MJ or not and you come in with this other junk....either keep with the topic of disussion or dont post....pretty simple

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
$5 hooker:confused: They have those in Angelo these days?

nah.....they went up to $6.....greedy whores

maestro
06-12-2007, 11:14 PM
in most every case..

the ref is going to let the player decide the outcome....

make the shot or not.......

but it was set up to be a panic shot....and i do not beleive that the ref was going to bail him out..

missed opportunities for sure for the cavs......they played better def. tonight..

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
I think Duncan said in an interview, "Stars come up big for their teams." Well Lebron hasn't. They needed a crucial basket and he passed in the final seconds to VAREJAO :rolleyes: His team needed the big shot, and he couldn't make it all game. Yea, he scored 25 pts. on 9 of 23 shooting or something like that...so what. You are the "KING", step up and play like one!

thats easy for duncan to say playing with his team....i promise you if he was thrown onto a team like the cav's they wouldnt even be in the finals

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
and i am quite mad with him being too unselfish....varejao sp? shouldn't have tried to be the allstar.....that play frustrated me

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
when have i tried to say that they arent good????

the whole time we've been going back and forth on here about Lebron being the next MJ or not and you come in with this other junk....either keep with the topic of disussion or dont post....pretty simple

No, you're first post on this thread was "GOD I HATE THE SPURS" No mention of LeBron anywhere. Look at the title of the thread. It's not "LeBron got screwed", It's "Cavs got Screwed" You are the one who brought LeBron into it, saying he's better that any of the Spurs players (This may be true in the long run, but it certainly is not right now) . I am fully with the topic. You are the one that hates the Spurs and are looking in any way shape or form to argue with Spurs fans

GreenMachine
06-12-2007, 11:18 PM
thats easy for duncan to say playing with his team....i promise you if he was thrown onto a team like the cav's they wouldnt even be in the finals You have no idea what the Cav's would be like if Duncan were on that team. No one does. Just more nonsense from YOU :rolleyes:

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
No, you're first post on this thread was "GOD I HATE THE SPURS" No mention of LeBron anywhere. Look at the title of the thread. It's not "LeBron got screwed", It's "Cavs got Screwed" You are the one who brought LeBron into it, saying he's better that any of the Spurs players (This may be true in the long run, but it certainly is not right now) . I am fully with the topic. You are the one that hates the Spurs and are looking in any way shape or form to argue with Spurs fans

the comment "I hate the spurs" in noooo way reflects my opinion of how good the team is or not....its an opinion based on like or dislike...apples and oranges bud

BIG_STICK
06-12-2007, 11:21 PM
I agree with Reggie James is still the King how can he rise up when boobie goes 1-10 sasha 5-15 adn varajao tries to hit the game tier. None of those guy mention before this would have led the Cavs to the finals at their age. How can you rise up when your basically playing 5-1. Give them couple years Sasha will develop into a solid player shows glimpses, and boobie will be solid, let them draft and play free agency then look out.

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:22 PM
You have no idea what the Cav's would be like if Duncan were on that team. No one does. Just more nonsense from YOU :rolleyes:

Here's an interesting hypothetical, what would the Spurs be like with no Duncan, but LeBron instead?

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
You have no idea what the Cav's would be like if Duncan were on that team. No one does. Just more nonsense from YOU :rolleyes:

I think it's pretty safe to make an assumption based on Duncan's style of play...the other players styles of play, their strengths and weaknesses along with his strenths and weaknesses

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:24 PM
thats easy for duncan to say playing with his team....i promise you if he was thrown onto a team like the cav's they wouldnt even be in the finals who knows,..... ive always thought duncan is kind with the ball, and if he really wanted to he could hog the ball and easily have 40+ points every single night. he IS that good, people dont like him but pay respect to where it is due, he is the best big man in the league right now and can out dominate any one he goes against.

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Here's an interesting hypothetical, what would the Spurs be like with no Duncan, but LeBron instead?

i think they would be better

un b weavable
06-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Tim Duncan looks like a giraffe. That is all. :D

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
he is the best big man in the league right now and can out dominate any one he goes against.

lebron can and has dominated against him...but lebron also is more agile, has better jumping, better speed, better ball handling, and better X-factor qualities

GreenMachine
06-12-2007, 11:27 PM
i think they would be better :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: With that mentality....

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:28 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: With that mentality....

yes...with that mentality:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DU_stud04
06-12-2007, 11:31 PM
lebron can and has dominated against him...but lebron also is more agile, has better jumping, better speed, better ball handling, and better X-factor qualities oranges and apples. both good. both fruit.

and one dunk over duncan doesnt make lebron dominant over him. consistently all game, id like to see it. but it wont happen.

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
lebron is kind of a screwed situation.....if he passes alot they say he needs to keep the ball and he's not the highscorer he should be...but if he was to keep the ball alot, lebron haters would come out and say "he's a ball-hog like kobe blah blah" its a lose lose for lebron

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
oranges and apples. both good. both fruit.

and one dunk over duncan doesnt make lebron dominant over him. consistently all game, id like to see it. but it wont happen.

i'm not talking about one dunk...he has gone above duncan alot...maybe not as significant as that one dunk you are thinking of...but he has

GreenMachine
06-12-2007, 11:39 PM
lebron is kind of a screwed situation.....if he passes alot they say he needs to keep the ball and he's not the highscorer he should be...but if he was to keep the ball alot, lebron haters would come out and say "he's a ball-hog like kobe blah blah" its a lose lose for lebron No, it's been a lose - lose - lose for him :D

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
NBA Finals Stats Through 3 games..........
Duncan 61

REBOUNDS
LeBron:21
Duncan:31

ASSISTS:
LeBron 17
Duncan:12

TURNOVERS:
LeBron:17:eek:
Duncan:5

SHOOTING:
LeBron: 22-60(36%)
Duncan 25-50(50%)

FREE THROWS:
LeBron: 18-23
Duncan: 11-16

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:48 PM
NBA Finals Stats Through 3 games..........
Duncan 61

REBOUNDS
LeBron:21
Duncan:31

ASSISTS:
LeBron 17
Duncan:12

TURNOVERS:
LeBron:17:eek:
Duncan:5

SHOOTING:
LeBron: 22-60(36%)
Duncan 25-50(50%)

FREE THROWS:
LeBron: 18-23
Duncan: 11-16

which even more proves my point that if lebron wasn't such a team player and worried about getting the ball to other ppl, he would have less turnovers and more points....thank you for bringing those stats to my attention

i see how your trying to show how good duncan is compared to lebron...but it doesnt work like that.......here's a 3a highschool football example:

Jordan Shipley, to me hands down one of the best highschool receivers in texas highschool football history.....if he would have been playing with a team like say ohhhhh pecos or any other crummy team....YES he might have an opportunity to shine, but could not rack up anywhere near the stats...not making him any less of an actual receiver...but less of a scorer and other things of that nature

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 11:52 PM
in my opinion if every GM in the league had to choose one player currently in the league, most if not all would choose either Kobe or James...

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
which even more proves my point that if lebron wasn't such a team player and worried about getting the ball to other ppl, he would have less turnovers and more points....thank you for bringing those stats to my attention

i see how your trying to show how good duncan is compared to lebron...but it doesnt work like that.......here's a 3a highschool football example:

Jordan Shipley, to me hands down one of the best highschool receivers in texas highschool football history.....if he would have been playing with a team like say ohhhhh pecos or any other crummy team....YES he might have an opportunity to shine, but could not rack up anywhere near the stats...not making him any less of an actual receiver...but less of a scorer and other things of that nature
With LeBron being the team player that he is, how does that explain the 10 more shots he's taken and the 36 percent shooting that he's done, opposed to Duncan's 50 percent. Does that mean he also lets other guys get all the rebounds, as evidenced by Duncan's 31-21 rebounding advantage?

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
in my opinion if every GM in the league had to choose one player currently in the league, most if not all would choose either Kobe or James...

i agree....

i am not taking anything away from Duncan...but when ppl are like "well if James is sooooo great why doesnt he have a ring blah blah"

you can be the best ever at something and still never win a championship

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM

I'd take Steve Nash. No one can break down a defense and make his team better like that guy.

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I'd take Steve Nash. No one can break down a defense and make his team better like that guy.

i'll have to somewhat agree with you here....he is in my top 3 players along with james and bryant

mustang04
06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
well..i am going to bed...i had fun going back and forth, it was stimulating as usual.....but if there is anything that i have learned from watching the series, especially in this game.........

it is that Parker is one lucky SOB to be dating Eva Longoria.....man she looked fine at th game tonight:)

Bull Butter
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
well..i am going to bed...i had fun going back and forth, it was stimulating as usual.....but if there is anything that i have learned from watching the series, especially in this game.........

it is that Parker is one lucky SOB to be dating Eva Longoria.....man she looked fine at th game tonight:)

On that, I will DEFINITELY agree with you!:D

GreenMachine
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
The announcers on tv the other day even said that if you want to fill your stands, take Lebron. If you want NBA hardware (i.e. trophies), take Duncan.

mustang04
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
On that, I will DEFINITELY agree with you!:D

:D :D

mustang04
06-13-2007, 12:03 AM
The announcers on tv the other day even said that if you want to fill your stands, take Lebron. If you want NBA hardware (i.e. trophies), take Duncan.

what do you think you're doing?!?!?!

we've been off the whole Lebron, Duncan, Cavs, Spurs thing for a while.......we've moved on to Eva Longoria:cool: :cool: :p

Maroon87
06-13-2007, 07:24 AM

I've always heard sour grapes make good whine.:thinking:

BTEXDAD
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
by watching the video EVERYONE should agree that was a foul at the end of the game. Of course...Spurs fans wouldn't!

Almost EVERYONE agreed Michael Jordan pushed off on Bryon Russell of the Jazz just b4 he made that shot to win game in (I believe) 1997 finals. That was key game, and if refs call that, the Jazz win game and the entire series may have finished differently.

And btw, the foul by Bowen was initially BEFORE the shot, his hand was still on Lebron when Lebron moved to his left and THEN went up for the shot. If refs call foul and give THREE shots to Lebron, the spurs would have had a definite complaint. Correct call would have been foul on floor and two (2) shots awarded to Lebron. In that case, spurs most likely still win. As I heard earlier this morn, it makes for good talk show radio.

It happens. Refs don't like to influence game late.

Spurs win another title. My prediction was wrong. I picked Spurs in 6 games. Will be max of 5, but probably over in 4.

Phil C
06-13-2007, 08:25 AM

:)

I hope so Bull. But we have to be careful. Remember the Cavs are capable of winning four straight. And the next two games are in Cleveland.

Phil C
06-13-2007, 08:27 AM

If a foul had been called it would have been for a two pointer. If you look at the replay Lebron was not in the act of shooting till after he moved over and then tried the shot. Plus afterward Lebron had seen the replay and agreed it was just incidental contact and didn't affect the shot.

Phil C
06-13-2007, 08:28 AM

But it takes five!

Old Tiger
06-13-2007, 08:30 AM
I wouldn't take Kobe if I could start a team with anybody in the league.

If I were going big man I would take Tim Duncan but if I was going for great talent Lebron.

All LeBron needs is his Scotty Pippen to take that team to the next level.

Daniel Gibson will be a dang good player in the league.

Old Tiger
06-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
If a foul had been called it would have been for a two pointer. If you look at the replay Lebron was not in the act of shooting till after he moved over and then tried the shot. Plus afterward Lebron had seen the replay and agreed it was just incidental contact and didn't affect the shot. had the ball in his hands about to take the shot it would have been a shooting foul

Phil C
06-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Did you all see the great former Cleveland Brown running back and great movie star Jim Brown at the game last night?

BTEXDAD
06-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Did you all see the great former Cleveland Brown running back and great movie star Jim Brown at the game last night?

I didn't see that. I was flipping back an forth from Astros to basketball, to ESPN, which was televising half innings that Verlander was pitching for Tigers.

Did you see "100 Rifles" the other night? STarring Jim Brown, Burt Reynolds and Raquel Welch. Entertaining movie, only problem Raquel gets killed. That was one beautiful woman.

Macarthur
06-13-2007, 09:20 AM

I'm not going to let you get away with this one. Lebron is a special player and has a chance to be one of the best, but Duncan is regarded as the best power forward to ever play the game.

Bull Butter

I'll take Duncan and my team will beat yours everytime. Nash is a very nice player, but he is a liability on defense and you can alter his game. I don't understand the infatuation with Nash.

Phil C
06-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I didn't see that. I was flipping back an forth from Astros to basketball, to ESPN, which was televising half innings that Verlander was pitching for Tigers.

Did you see "100 Rifles" the other night? STarring Jim Brown, Burt Reynolds and Raquel Welch. Entertaining movie, only problem Raquel gets killed. That was one beautiful woman.

A great fantastic movie indeed BT. That was the only thing wrong with the movie and it could have been avoided and still been a great movie. And how about that scene where they are about to ambush the train. ;)