PDA

View Full Version : Angelo Football Clinic

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I am heading to San Angelo tomorrow morning for the Angelo football clinic. Anybody got any tips on where to eat, hang out and such?

Adidas410s
06-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Eat in Abilene on your way there and on your way back...much better food in that area! :D

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
whats good in abilene

SideBurnWillie
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I am heading to San Angelo tomorrow morning for the Angelo football clinic. Anybody got any tips on where to eat, hang out and such?

EL-MAE-WHORE or something like that.

Adidas410s
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
whats good in abilene

mainly BBQ and steaks...and a wide variety of options at that. I'm also a big fan of Fuji's Japanese steakhouse. If you can get by there for a weekday lunch (between 11AM and 145 PM) then I will envy you greatly... :(

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I will be going through abilene at around 10:30 tomorrow morning

vet93
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree that Abilene has a better overall selection...

In San Angelo...There are the usual suspects like Chili's, Cheddars, Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Johnny Corinos and Olive Garden etc...

For a local flavor there are a number of Steak houses that cook steak like they do at Lowake Steakhouse...these include Zentner's Steakhouse, Zentner's Daughters Steakhouse, Dunbar, and Twin Mountain Steakhouse.
There are many Mexican food restaurants such as Mejor Que Nada, Henry's, Fuentes Downtown among others...they serve traditional tex mex. There is a Pizza chain called Double Dave's Pizza that I like that is in Southwest Plaza that is good as well. Let me know which of these sounds good and I will try to give you directions...

SWMustang
06-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by SideBurnWillie
EL-MAE-WHORE or something like that.

I think you mean Mejor Que Nada. Zentner's Steakhouse is pretty good. There are a few current Angelo residents on here. I'd like to hear from them. There used to be a place called Twin Mountain steakhouse that was awesome and another Steakhouse on North Chadbourne, but I can't think of the name.

SWMustang
06-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I agree that Abilene has a better overall selection...

In San Angelo...There are the usual suspects like Chili's, Cheddars, Texas Roadhouse, Outback, Johnny Corinos and Olive Garden etc...

For a local flavor there are a number of Steak houses that cook steak like they do at Lowake Steakhouse...these include Zentner's Steakhouse, Zentner's Daughters Steakhouse, Dunbar, and Twin Mountain Steakhouse.
There are many Mexican food restaurants such as Mejor Que Nada, Henry's, Fuentes Downtown among others...they serve traditional tex mex. There is a Pizza chain called Double Dave's Pizza that I like that is in Southwest Plaza that is good as well. Let me know which of these sounds good and I will try to give you directions...

I'd forgotten about Lowake...

SWMustang
06-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Ichibahn was pretty good if it's still open. Sort of a Benihana knock-off...

GetRDoneStangs
06-12-2007, 04:54 PM
I will be going through abilene at around 10:30 tomorrow morning

That means you could be in Sweetwater at around 11:15....

Many people drive out of their way to go to ...

Mrs. Allens......I think I may be in the area....may be able to buy????

Let me know so I won't eat much for supper tonight and will skip breakfast in the morning!!!
:D :D :D

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
not sure i can talk my budy into taking a detour...maybe on the way back on Friday. Hes in a hurry to get there tomorrow so he can hear the abiline coaches speak

Adidas410s
06-12-2007, 05:04 PM
not sure i can talk my budy into taking a detour...maybe on the way back on Friday. Hes in a hurry to get there tomorrow so he can hear the abiline coaches speak

Who is speaking?

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Building a Winner/Abilene High Defense. Steve Warren, Head Coach, Abilene High School
Question Session - 7:00pm

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
damn...thats at 7 tomorrow night. He said he had to be there by 11. Maybe that is to register. Dont know

SWMustang
06-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Building a Winner/Abilene High Defense. Steve Warren, Head Coach, Abilene High School
Question Session - 7:00pm

Steve Warren was the Offensive Coordinator in Sweetwater my sophomore year - I believe he's also and Angelo State Alum...

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 05:14 PM
there are some good speakers at this years clinic...

www.angelofootballclinic.com

LH Panther Mom
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh, crap! I wish I could remember the name of the place we ate about 3 years ago. If I remember right, it translated into something like "bad food". LOL! But it was pretty good. :thinking: :thinking: Somebody help me out, please! :)

GetRDoneStangs
06-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Oh, crap! I wish I could remember the name of the place we ate about 3 years ago. If I remember right, it translated into something like "bad food". LOL! But it was pretty good. :thinking: :thinking: Somebody help me out, please! :)

Warning!!!!

Never play Charades with LH Panther Mom!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
06-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Warning!!!!

Never play Charades with LH Panther Mom!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
:p :p Reggie knows the place I'm talking about because we talked about it way back when....

vet93
06-12-2007, 07:39 PM
It was probably Mejor Que Nada...which translates to "Better than nothing"

LH Panther Mom
06-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by vet93
It was probably Mejor Que Nada...which translates to "Better than nothing"
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's it. :) Thanks

sinton66
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Zentner's and Zentner's Daughter both in San Angelo. Lowake Steak House in Lowake. If you're driving in via US67, Lowake is just south of Ballinger.

WTF-82
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Eat in Abilene on your way there and on your way back...much better food in that area! :D

youre sick

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think you mean Mejor Que Nada. Zentner's Steakhouse is pretty good. There are a few current Angelo residents on here. I'd like to hear from them. There used to be a place called Twin Mountain steakhouse that was awesome and another Steakhouse on North Chadbourne, but I can't think of the name.

You are thinking of "Western Skies":)

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
You are thinking of "Western Skies":)

you going to be in San Angelo this week?

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
:p :p Reggie knows the place I'm talking about because we talked about it way back when....

Yeah... Mejor que nada is the name....dang good food

mustang04
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
you going to be in San Angelo this week?

thats a negative ghostrider....i live in sweetwater and work during the week...and party in Angelo on the weekends!!

smustangs
06-12-2007, 10:56 PM
are you goin to the TSU camp as well this year?

WTF-82
06-12-2007, 11:35 PM
If you love real homemade Mexican food try Armenta's on Oaks street. If you love American style Mexican food Henry's is the place try the sour cream chicken enchiladas.
If you love steak then Twin Mountain or Zetners is youre place
Zetners daughter on knickerbocker very popular place you will enjoy this stop. As for night life dancing Grahams if looking for hang out try the Chivo loco on chadbourne new hangout.
But dont leave town without trying Blaines or Obryan's pub.

Funk-d-fied
06-14-2007, 07:46 AM
I will be in san angelo thursday aftrenoon and friday!