PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed in Queen City

txkmom
06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Prayers needed in Queen City

Brandon Warren (baseball coach at Queen City and a former colleague of my husband’s) was diagnosed last Friday with colon cancer. He had surgery to remove a portion of his colon and to biopsy some spots on his liver this morning (6-11) at 10:00. Please remember Coach Warren in your prayers. He is a young man with a young family.

Update from Phyllis Warren:
Brandon is now out of surgery and back up in his room. The removal of the tumor went as well as possible. However, the cancer has spread from the colon into the liver. We are now waiting for his recovery before we are able to travel to MD Anderson for our next course of action. Brandon and I have three small boys who are very confused right now as to why their daddy was perfectly fine last week, but is now so very sick. We would very much appreciate your continued prayers and strength. I have often said that being a coach's wife is such a blessing to me and my family...all you other wives know just how many kids that really includes. The coaching community is such a tight knit one and I know that with your continued prayers we can begin this battle that we will eventually conquer.

CalallenWildcat
06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
My prayers are with him and his family.

GreenMachine
06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I always hate to hear news like that. My prayers are definitely with this coach and his family.

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2007, 07:41 PM
I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

44INAROW
06-11-2007, 08:38 PM
I'll keep the entire family in my prayers - :(

j_dog
06-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Done.

smustangs
06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
him and his family will be in my prayers tonight

West22
06-11-2007, 09:52 PM
We will pray for Coach and his family for a quick recovery.Our hearts go out to the family.

luvhoops34
06-11-2007, 09:55 PM
My prayers go out to Coach Warren and his family.

Old Dog
06-11-2007, 10:23 PM
consider it done!

Angeleyes
06-11-2007, 10:55 PM
my prayers are with the family.

txkmom
06-12-2007, 11:46 PM
Update from Coach W's wife:

Brandon has been up and walking twice today. He also received two units of blood this morning and that has done wonders for his color and how he is feeling. He is very sore, but his spirits are high. We are so very thankful for all your prayers and well wishes. Keep praying...we plan on making a trip to Houston in a few weeks to put an "East Texas whooping" on this cancer.

txkmom
06-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm trying to keep this one near the top, folks, even though you don't know these people. There's an update below. They really need your prayers. Also, just a reminder that all of us must please have the checkups recommended to us - don't ever put them off, guys. Coach Warren is young and really had no warning.

from the coach's wife:
Okay guys the path report is in and all is as suspected. Stage IV colon cancer with metastases to the liver. Our surgeon is wonderful and keeps our spirits high. He told Brandon this morning that the past few days have been like summer meetings...just gathering all the information about the opponents and getting our scouting report together. The next few week we will embark on two-a-days. We're going to build up his stamina and get him as physically and emotionally ready for this treatment as possible. When we get down to MD Anderson we will be going through preseason with some initial consultations and maybe some more testing. Then we get into district play where every minute counts with his treatment. I thank God that we got lucky and Dr. O'Banion was on call last Thursday. It is very uplifting to have a doctor who believes in you and the power of prayer and the power of a positive attitude. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and support.

SINTON81
06-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Prayers from Sinton.

Phil C
06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SINTON81
Prayers from Sinton.

That is right 81. The encouraging thing is that they can do so much more with illnesses like that than they could even just five years ago.