PDA

View Full Version : Email from DCTF regarding me not getting my magazine

kaorder1999
06-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Here is what I sent:

Hello,

I wanted to write and tell you that I am very discouraged that I purchased the Texas Football Magazine online through your site in order to receive the magazine before it came out on shelves today. I did not receive my magazine in the mail. I was at the store today and was able to purchase one cheaper than I paid online as a pre-order but chose not to. Is there any way you are able to tell me when I will receive my magazine? From talking to NUMEROUS other people, many have had this same problem. Many advised me that they had this same problem last year as well. I look at this problem as a severe lack of professionalism on your company's part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS WHAT I GOT BACK:

Normally, our internal copies get to our fulfillment center before the bookstores receive their copies. This year, the national chains actually picked up their books from our printer directly and we avoided the "middle man". Sorry this resulted in confusion.

You should get your book by the end of the week. Again, I appreciate your support and do apologize about this snafu.

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd say piss on that and go buy the new one and cancel that order

kaorder1999
06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
i tried to cancel the order but was on hold for 30 mins before i cussed and hung up and cussed some more

DU_stud04
06-11-2007, 07:04 PM
lets burn their house down :mad: :mad: :mad:

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i tried to cancel the order but was on hold for 30 mins before i cussed and hung up and cussed some more

Dave Campbell's = http://popwatch.ew.com/photos/uncategorized/91842__jack_l.jpg

Don't be offended by the sign.

DU_stud04
06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i get zero out of the DCTF magazine....i think it has really fallen off and i can get better information elsewhere......or just scan though it when shopping at walmart. sad times.

kepdawg
06-11-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i get zero out of the DCTF magazine....i think it has really fallen off and i can get better information elsewhere......or just scan though it when shopping at walmart. sad times.

You get zero? You can't be serious! Where is this elsewhere that you go to for better information? I have never seen anything that comes close to rivaling DCTF! Oh, and I do agree that is has slipped over the pas several years.

DDBooger
honestly some of the best info i've gotten has been from forums like this. up to date and while biased to everyone's choice in school, i still get more info from here, THSF and texaaaas

Old Tiger
or just scan though it when shopping at walmart. sad times. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

charlesrixey
06-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Here is what I sent:

Hello,

I wanted to write and tell you that I am very discouraged that I purchased the Texas Football Magazine online through your site in order to receive the magazine before it came out on shelves today. I did not receive my magazine in the mail. I was at the store today and was able to purchase one cheaper than I paid online as a pre-order but chose not to. Is there any way you are able to tell me when I will receive my magazine? From talking to NUMEROUS other people, many have had this same problem. Many advised me that they had this same problem last year as well. I look at this problem as a severe lack of professionalism on your company's part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HERE IS WHAT I GOT BACK:

Normally, our internal copies get to our fulfillment center before the bookstores receive their copies. This year, the national chains actually picked up their books from our printer directly and we avoided the "middle man". Sorry this resulted in confusion.

You should get your book by the end of the week. Again, I appreciate your support and do apologize about this snafu.

thanks for the info kaorder! i feel you!

kaorder1999
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
honestly I have no idea what the guy was telling me. Im still confused.

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2007, 07:24 PM
snafu=screw up on their part :D

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2007, 07:26 PM

In Laymen's term

Normally the in house pre orders get filled before they are sent to the stores..this year the stores came and got theirs at the same time or before the in house pre orders were filled

charlesrixey
06-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
In Laymen's term

Normally the in house pre orders get filled before they are sent to the stores..this year the stores came and got theirs at the same time or before the in house pre orders were filled

that sucks

whats the point of a 'pre-order' if there is no 'pre'?

kaorder1999
06-12-2007, 03:55 PM
and the worst part is i paid 14-something for it because of shipping to get it before the 11th and look where that has gotten me

Phil C
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
In Laymen's term

Most clever of the stores indeed! :)

Phil C
06-12-2007, 03:57 PM

:(

DDBooger
06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
just got mine signed down here in laredo!

Phantom Stang
06-14-2007, 11:13 AM

HERE IS WHAT I GOT BACK:

I bet the truth is, that they sell a lot more books through the national chains than they could ever sell by special order; so that's who is going to be pleased first.

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I bet the truth is, that they sell a lot more books through the national chains than they could ever sell by special order; so that's who is going to be pleased first.

disgusting

Old Dog
06-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I ordered DCTF for a couple of years and had the same late delivery problem, so to heck with it and just pick one up at Wally World or HEB.

As for wasted reading...........I disagree. It's still the best source for tons of info complied in one spot. I just ignore the opionions and read the raw data.

charlesrixey
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
I ordered DCTF for a couple of years and had the same late delivery problem, so to heck with it and just pick one up at Wally World or HEB.

As for wasted reading...........I disagree. It's still the best source for tons of info complied in one spot. I just ignore the opionions and read the raw data.

the bad part is, for the last three years i haven't had a choice--they don't excatly have DCTF flying off of the shelves here

CHS_CG
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Dave is gunna be in College Station tomorrow I think is what the news said last night. I was half asleep but I know they said he would be in college Station

Tiger Turtle
06-14-2007, 01:34 PM
It has indeed slipped badly in the last few years. I get more use out of it during the playoffs when we play teams that we don't have local info on.

Ranger Mom
06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
I still love it......I take the rankings for what they are....someone's opinion!!

The breakdown they give of each team is what I like so much.

My husband and I refer to it time and time again over the course of a season.

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The breakdown they give of each team is what I like so much.

My husband and I refer to it time and time again over the course of a season.
ITA, RM! :) I even referred to last year's mag just a few days ago. :D

pooch
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
hey KA, you can preorder through me next year. I will have it to you. Seems we get it here at 12am on the day of.....nice.