PDA

View Full Version : UNT picks up 6th commitment for 2008 recruiting class

Keith7
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
North Texas picks up Sixth commitment

North Texas is up to six verbal pledges, and the latest might be the greatest.

Mart receiver Kenny Barrett, a Texas Top 300 receiver, pledged to the Mean Green over the weekend, his high school coach Rusty Nail confirmed. Barrett had three TDs in the state title win over Cisco and had over 600 yards receiving last year.

for more on Barrett follow the links below:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=63361&sport=1

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=32&url_article_id=661&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Saw him play against Lexington last year. Pretty good receiver.

Keith7
06-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Saw him play against Lexington last year. Pretty good receiver.

ya he looks like a pretty good athlete with good size..

UNT also picked up their 7th commitment today, Lance Dunbar, a running back from Haltom City

Haltom City, Texas all-purpose back Lance Dunbar wanted to stay close to home and this week, he made it official with his commitment to one in-state school.

Dunbar was a first-team all-district performer as a junior with 1,063 yards and 13 touchdowns. The sleeper emerged this spring even more to schools and says he picked up offers from Colorado, Oklahoma State, and Virginia before making his decision this week for North Texas.

"I'm going to UNT, I did that yesterday," Dunbar said about his commitment. "It's close to home and I'll be able to play. I already know the coaches and have established that relationship with them."

Dunbar is familiar with the coaches because his former high school coach was Clayton George who is now an assistant with North Texas. The Texas running back says that he feels like he has a good grip on the system that will be run at UNT because of his high school days under George.

"That was a big deal because I already knew him and we were close," Dunbar said. "I liked him a lot and that made it a lot easier. I knew what I was getting into with him and the other coaches. They said I could play as a freshman because I already know the plays from playing with coach George."

This past Saturday, Dunbar made an unofficial to North Texas and that also had a big impact on his decision.

"I liked it," he said. "I liked how everything was close together. From the dorms, the football field, the weight room - it was all in one spot."

-----------

For more info on Lance Dunbar Click Here (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=59427)

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 07:17 PM
He could afford to put weight on. They probably measured his weight with all his equipment on to get that 190. Dodge will put the weight on him and get him faster.

charlesrixey
06-11-2007, 07:21 PM
thanks for the info, keith.....

i reall hope UNT gets started off on the right foot this year

CalallenWildcat
06-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
thanks for the info, keith.....

i reall hope UNT gets started off on the right foot this year

So long as that right foot doesn't include beating SMU again...