PDA

View Full Version : We might have to shut our office down...

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
...we have NO air conditioning and it is HOT!!!!

This is NOT feeling good on my sunburn either!!

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
How is your sunburn?

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How is your sunburn?

It's still sore. I haven't started peeling yet, but it is "itchy" so I am sure that is just around the corner!!:(

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
I love the peeling part!! :eek: :eek: The "itchy" feeling - not so much.

When will the decision be made on whether or not you guys shut down for the day?

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 09:23 AM

When will the decision be made on whether or not you guys shut down for the day? when i start peeling i just take a shower and wash the stuff off

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
when i start peeling i just take a shower and wash the stuff off

It hurts too bad to scrub too hard right now. Ashton is keeping me lotioned up pretty good though!!

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It hurts too bad to scrub too hard right now. Ashton is keeping me lotioned up pretty good though!! go to wal-mart and by Malibu Hemp Moistorizor or however that crap is spelled. It's the best for bringing out color and heat.

Fotbol
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
RM, Throw your purse out the window, with money inside, and this will help keep you cool!;) If you see me catch the purse and jump into my car, this should really help cool things off.:D :D

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol
RM, Throw your purse out the window, with money inside, and this will help keep you cool!;) If you see me catch the purse and jump into my car, this should really help cool things off.:D :D

Heck...if our windows opened I would be doing good right now!

We have no way to get any air circulation except for oscillating fans.......which just blew a stack of paper work all over the place!!:mad:

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Heck...if our windows opened I would be doing good right now!

We have no way to get any air circulation except for oscillating fans.......which just blew a stack of paper work all over the place!!:mad: ROFL! Sorry.

CenTexSports
06-11-2007, 09:59 AM
If Ashton gets tired have her call.

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
If Ashton gets tired have her call.

Hahaha;) :p

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 10:03 AM

When will the decision be made on whether or not you guys shut down for the day?

Hopefully by lunch.....my office is already 86° and it is 78° outside. The forecast is near 90°!

When the boss has had enough, that's when all the rest of us will get to leave!:p

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Okay....now I am sweating!! I am wearing a dress and crossing my legs is out of the question!!:crazy1: :crazy1:

I guess the "big man" isn't sufficiently uncomfortable enough (even though he has got some pretty sizable armpit stains emerging!!) to send us home yet!!

I am going to go the bank and to the post office. I normally walk to the bank, but I think I will travel the 2 blocks in my air conditioned vehicle today!!

Be back later.......unfortunately!!

44INAROW
06-11-2007, 10:49 AM

I guess the "big man" isn't sufficiently uncomfortable enough (even though he has got some pretty sizable armpit stains emerging!!) to send us home yet!!

visual alert :eek: :eek: :nerd: :nerd:

CalallenWildcat
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Hopefully by lunch.....my office is already 86° and it is 78° outside. The forecast is near 90°!

Oh blah...the A/C doesn't work well in my room (which also isn't well-insulated) and it gets up to 86-87 on a daily basis in here. That's why I have a BIG fan in here.

Do you guys have any BIG fans?

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Oh blah...the A/C doesn't work well in my room (which also isn't well-insulated) and it gets up to 86-87 on a daily basis in here. That's why I have a BIG fan in here.

Do you guys have any BIG fans?

Nope.....the building management hasn't provided any. I do have a little fan in my office, it's pushing hot air around right now, as a matter of fact.

All the businesses on my floor have closed down....except for us!! Hopefully they will let us leave before long.

Evidently, they are waiting on parts that they just found in Abilene......they just sent someone to pick them up, so there is no way we will have air conditioning today!!:(

It has been suggested that we turn off all lights that we don't absolutely need....so I am sitting here in a pitch black office right now!:p

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't believe you are still having to sit there in that heat!! What are ya'll working on?? Is the phone ringing off the wall?? Are ya'll soooooo busy that you just can't leave the office?

Tell your boss to SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :doh: :D

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 01:18 PM
I can't believe you are still having to sit there in that heat!! What are ya'll working on?? Is the phone ringing off the wall?? Are ya'll soooooo busy that you just can't leave the office?

Tell your boss to SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:D :doh: :D

I didn't do a darn thing this morning!!:mad:

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I didn't do a darn thing this morning!!:mad: Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ---- this is cruel & unusual punishment. :D

FREE RANGER MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ---- this is cruel & unusual punishment. :D

FREE RANGER MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LOL!! It's pretty sad when you have to go out and buy deodorant just so you can sit at your desk!!

I just realized something too........none of the my 3 bosses are even back from lunch yet....just us peons!!:mad:

CalallenWildcat
06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
They probably had a "meeting" at Wall Street Grill or something...

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
They probably had a "meeting" at Wall Street Grill or something...

LOL!!

My immediate supervisor just came in and asked me if I was working on anything pressing, I told her "No"!!

She said if the "big boss" hasn't come back by 1:45, we are leaving. If he DOES come back by 1:45, she is telling him we are leaving!!

So....we should be leaving by 1:45 one way or the other!!:D

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

oh wait -- that means no RM on the 'dl :(

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

oh wait -- that means no RM on the 'dl :(

I may get on when I get home. I cleaned house this weekend, so I don't have anything pressing to do when I get home anyway!!:p :p

The big boss just came and got told we are leaving.....SO...as soon as he approves some invoices for me to get in the mail, I am OUTTA HERE!!!

:D

pirate4state
06-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Have you been told when you have to come in tomorrow? What if the problem isn't fixed tomorrow?? :eek: :eek:

Have a fun afternoon!! :)

CalallenWildcat
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
RM, if the problem isn't fixed tomorrow, perhaps you should inquire if you can try and get some work done at home for the day...