PDA

View Full Version : mid term for american foreign relations

smustangs
06-10-2007, 08:23 PM
i am studying for my foreign relations mid term and realized how much the french helped us out when were a young nation and how much we depended on europe entirely even after we won our independence. o ya and how boring this class is ne one want to go take the mid term for me tom?

Snydertigersrul
06-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
i am studying for my foreign relations mid term and realized how much the french helped us out when were a young nation and how much we depended on europe entirely even after we won our independence. o ya and how boring this class is ne one want to go take the mid term for me tom?

Ask Tony Parker for help after the NBA Finals

smustangs
06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
any history buffs want to help me out here?

wasnt it caleb cushing who went to china and set up the treaty that opened up 4 or 5 ports for us and also go reciprocity and extrateritoriality for us as well after threating military action since they chinese had done the same for the british already?

mustang04
06-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Ask Tony Parker for help after the NBA Finals

yeah right....the french nowadays would rather make out with themselves than do anything else:D

BILLYFRED0000
06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Ah the french are just jealous. Back then they were the cats meow with the brits. Now just another also ran. And the Brits can at least claim us as the prodigal child and hang with us and still be running with the big dogs.