PDA

View Full Version : 3A Coaches Poll For 07

setxsports
06-10-2007, 05:08 PM
BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE COACHES RANKINGS AND DAVE CAMPBELL..

CLASS 3A 1. Liberty Hill 2. Cuero 3. Celina 4. Liberty-Eylau 5. Giddings 6. West Orange-Stark 7. Wimberley 8. Gilmer 9. Wylie 10. Robinson

Old Tiger
06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I like that one except Cuero is too high and Robinson shouldn't be on there.

Don't know much about Wylie

Maybe Wimberely is a little too high also.

Snydertigersrul
06-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR

I don't like the coaches poll, but we will see you is right in December.

VanKampen
06-10-2007, 05:34 PM
i guess those coaches didnt even think to look at what cuero has left this year.

setxsports
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Did Cuero lose their whole team or something??????????

VanKampen
06-10-2007, 05:36 PM
yeah pretty much. the only starters returning are kaeron, quincy, and stephon and possibly one of those d lineman that rotated in if you want to call that a starter and also rangnow.

setxsports
06-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes but Cuero is like WOS they just re load.

VanKampen
06-10-2007, 05:46 PM
not this season.

KL3
06-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Coaches almost always vote on who had good seasons the year before. No different with this poll.

Gobbla2001
06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Cuero has a few really good kids returning, some decent talent coming up and have bought into a great system ran by Reeve... I buy the DCTF ranking, dunno about this coach's poll though, lost a lot of good stuff...

gold_33
06-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Im not real sure what DCF or the coaches are looking at for Wimberley. Maybe its been our success the past 3 years but we have a lot of reloading to do this year with a bunch of sophmores that will be on varsity and a hard schedule. We're gonna be like the '04 team that Cuero beat in the playoffs good defense but not enough firepower on offense to contend. Hopefully not but I just think we lost to much to contend this year but the future looks bright.

TexanAlum_06
06-10-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes I agree, The core of the defense looks to be good, they will need to rebuild the secondary again this year, the O-line has some rebuilding to do as well. they should win 6 or 7 MAYBE 8 games during the season and we will see what happens in the playoffs. but look out for them in the next 2-3 years, Highly talented freshman class last year and this upcoming year!

JT44
06-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
yeah pretty much. the only starters returning are kaeron, quincy, and stephon and possibly one of those d lineman that rotated in if you want to call that a starter and also rangnow.
rangnow at lb, nami on the o-line are returining starters also, a lot of guys on varsity last year will be on again,
People really underestimate the talent coming up,
yes two all star recievers with great speed were lost, but they will be replaced, you know the guys that ran on the relay teams this year,
The jv was loaded with speed last year,

Cuero will surprise a lot of people,
2 may be a little high, but not 22 like dctf,
I say top 15 is where they belong, maybe 7

bobcat1
06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
I like to see how this plays out this year. We did not lose many players but they were key. Celina will just reload and who knows where we end up, but anyone that wants that #3 position can have it. That is the second loser position. :D Finish!

Snydertigersrul
06-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I know, SNYDER IS UNDERRATED IN THE POLL.

neo800
06-10-2007, 08:29 PM
west texas 3a teams are not that great.

carter08
06-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by neo800

You've made a lot of bold statements

mustang04
06-10-2007, 08:39 PM

hey....we have our good ones come through

Snydertigersrul
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM

Where are you from

LH Panther Mom
06-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Why? Because Snyder was tied for 15? :p

Snydertigersrul
06-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Why? Because Snyder was tied for 15? :p

Could it be you favor the coaches because they rank Liberty Hill No. 1?

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2007, 05:29 AM
Could it be you favor the coaches because they rank Liberty Hill No. 1?
Doesn't matter "where" we start out - preseason rankings didn't win us the state championship last year OR earn my son his ring....and I'm fairly certain they won't win us any games this year, either. Remind me how the # 11 preseason ranking in DCTF last season worked out for Snyder? :thinking:

T-Time
06-11-2007, 06:58 AM
why nothing about Ingleside at #9, are you trying to ignore us and think we will go away?

TripleH
06-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I don't like the coaches poll, but we will see you is right in December. Ah, finally someone with some insight. So, will there be any changes in the offensive backfield this year. Like, maybe at QB.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

VanKampen
06-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JT44
rangnow at lb, nami on the o-line are returining starters also, a lot of guys on varsity last year will be on again,
yes two all star recievers with great speed were lost, but they will be replaced, you know the guys that ran on the relay teams this year,

I say top 15 is where they belong, maybe 7
do y'all have a qb to throw the ball to anybody? speed doesnt replace tre and cory. no receiver at cuero will be as good as tre was. also speed doesnt beat hutto and apparently wimberley either.

Ranger Mom
06-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
Ah, finally someone with some insight.

That made me laugh for some reason!;)

JT44
06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
do y'all have a qb to throw the ball to anybody? speed doesnt replace tre and cory. no receiver at cuero will be as good as tre was. also speed doesnt beat hutto and apparently wimberley either.

our qb will either be a senior, or most likely a sophmore stands about 6'2 185, all the incoming recievers,and outgoing ones, said he throws harder, faster, and more accurate than kyle, the only thing and probably most important, is his decision making
as far as recievers go, tre was good after the catch, corey was good during his routes, quincy is good at both and will be the go to receiver.
and no speed didn't beat those teams, but that's a whole other subject....talk about low blows, and it's not even november yet

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 06:14 PM
I can't believe a West Texas cat is talking crap to a central Texas team.

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I can't believe a West Texas cat is talking crap to a central Texas team.
Well, if you can't beat 'em, talk crap to 'em. ;)

Old Tiger
06-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, if you can't beat 'em, talk crap to 'em. ;) Thou speaketh thy truth :D

GreenMachine
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by JT44

I say top 15 is where they belong, maybe 7 I agree with you. I think 2 is too high and 22 is too low. Yes we lost a lot, but we are still capable of being pretty salty. I like being lower, with less expectations. Who knows, I have a feeling we could go pretty deep. If the soph is the QB, he is a heck of a pitcher and has a cannon for an arm. The deep ball won't be a problem, I saw him throwing the other day. All we need is some seasoning. We could surprise in the end though. :thumbsup:

SideBurnWillie
06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Remind me how the # 11 preseason ranking in DCTF last season worked out for Snyder? :thinking:

:thinking: I believe that is about where they finished last season!

Phantom Stang
06-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm not usually one to point out grammatical errors, but don't you write for a living?

Oh, I see. You write for the Snyder paper.
My bad.:p