PDA

View Full Version : 3A southeast TX

xlr8tor
08-13-2003, 01:33 PM
Just moved here from west Texas. Was wondering if anybody could give me a rundown of what district I'm in, who are the front runner's in this district and the area, and anything else. I have figured out that we (Kountze) are at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak. But, I am really not that familiar with the area nor the football of the area. I had always heard that west Texas football was more straight at you and east Texas football was more speed and finesse. Either way, I'll enjoy watching it (although, I might have to travel a bit to see some really good games). Any comments? What say ye? Just my take!

spiveyrat
08-13-2003, 01:59 PM
You shouldn't have to travel too far. Some area 3A schools such as Bridge City, Newton, Jasper (just to name a few) all are teams to be respected historically. If you're open to more than 3A football, District 20-4A is always an exciting district to watch.

RBARKER
08-13-2003, 02:02 PM
welcome to the board xlt8tor. You will be in district 21-3A, Kountze is bottom of the barrel in football but they have an excellent basketball program both girls and boys. The front runner in your district is Bridge City in football. Kountze used to be in our district (Barbers Hill) 22-3A 2 years ago and could probally reunite during the next reallignment. Good luck on your season Matt has a write up on your district, from the home page goto region III then 21-3A.

xlr8tor
08-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, I am not opposed to watching just about any football, as long as it is Texas High School football. Been following mainly 1A for the last 3 years, 2A for the 6 years prior to that, and 3A before that, so it has been a while. But I even enjoy the larger schools. One of my most favorite things to do is to be at Texas Stadium ever Friday and Saturday (all day) starting in late November. Once you get the itch, you just have to scratch! Just my take.

xlr8tor
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Well, I am not opposed to watching just about any football, as long as it is Texas High School football. Been following mainly 1A for the last 3 years, 2A for the 6 years prior to that, and 3A before that, so it has been a while. But I even enjoy the larger schools. One of my most favorite things to do is to be at Texas Stadium ever Friday and Saturday (all day) starting in late November. Once you get the itch, you just have to scratch! Just my take.

Old Cardinal
08-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Welcome ex-West Texas friend! Kountze has wonderful Girls and Boys Basketball...Look around here and see the scrimmages being played this Saturday, and choose one to watch. That will get you started on local 3A football.

exbccards76'smom
08-13-2003, 05:13 PM
xlr8tor:
Just moved here from west Texas. Was wondering if anybody could give me a rundown of what district I'm in, who are the front runner's in this district and the area, and anything else. I have figured out that we (Kountze) are at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak. But, I am really not that familiar with the area nor the football of the area. I had always heard that west Texas football was more straight at you and east Texas football was more speed and finesse. Either way, I'll enjoy watching it (although, I might have to travel a bit to see some really good games). Any comments? What say ye? Just my take!Welcome to the best board around!! I am a alumni from Kountze, but I live in Bridge City now. You are in District 21-3a. You have alot of great football around in a short distance. Lots of tradition at PNG, Nederland, and all the Beaumont schools. But in Basketball, Kountze rules the school. Hope you take a short drive over to BC when Kountze plays them here. wink

xlr8tor
08-13-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks, and I will likely be there, even though it will likely be very ugly, the game and score that is. Just my take!

exbccards76'smom
08-14-2003, 03:53 AM
If I had a chance, I wish I could show you the highlights from last years game. We played at Kountze, and it had be raining all day long. It finally quit some around game. time. The game was a big mud bowl.