PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tiger Football 2007

Milk That Cow
06-08-2007, 09:21 PM
What's the 2007 Season Gonna Look Like...

When will the 7 game(carried over from '06) losing streak end?

Will we win a district ballgame?

Who will be the Quarterback?

Those are some questions....

Anybody got any answers?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I don't really have any answers for you. The starting QB will either be SO Joseph Sanders or JR Mark Drake. What I will say is that I went to the weight room for two weeks straight while I was back home, saw two senior players there getting extra lifting in, maybe a junior and couple of sophomores and freshman, but that was it. It's not going to be a good situation for the Tigers, but what I'm getting from them is that only a few players really care about how their season turns out, a lot of the others have lost faith. It's really disappointing, but if that is what they want out of their season, then they're going to earn it. :(

Old Tiger
06-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I don't really have any answers for you. The starting QB will either be SO Joseph Sanders or JR Mark Drake. What I will say is that I went to the weight room for two weeks straight while I was back home, saw two senior players there getting extra lifting in, maybe a junior and couple of sophomores and freshman, but that was it. It's not going to be a good situation for the Tigers, but what I'm getting from them is that only a few players really care about how their season turns out, a lot of the others have lost faith. It's really disappointing, but if that is what they want out of their season, then they're going to earn it. :( From what I hear the soph. will be the QB. Just because everyone isn't working out 24-7 doesn't mean their season is lost or looks bad. Hell we did better with Creghan doing less than half the work we ever did with Clark.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-09-2007, 11:42 AM
nm

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
From what I hear the soph. will be the QB. Just because everyone isn't working out 24-7 doesn't mean their season is lost or looks bad. Hell we did better with Creghan doing less than half the work we ever did with Clark.

No size, speed, or strength will translate into a weak and slow team on the football field. You wouldn't know whether or not that last statement was true, it was a cold day in July when you would get extra work in during the summer or after school, so naturally, you aren't in my opinion someone who should be questioning what hard work will bring someone.

burnet44
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
they miss John Barker
I miss him too

he was a great guy

RIP John

Milk That Cow
06-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Any predictions on the number of wins...

ILS1
06-09-2007, 04:18 PM
3 or 4

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and say that if things don't change from what I saw, their streak is going to go to 17 straight.

Old Tiger
06-09-2007, 06:05 PM
They should make playoffs. This district is way down aside from Liberty Hill.

Three playoff teams will be: Liberty Hill, Rockdale, Taylor(In No Particular order except Liberty Hill)

Hutto graduated A LOT of talent.

Cameron graduated A LOT of talent and I don't know if they have the people to replace that talent

yoemenkracker30
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
wow...thats a pretty bold statement

Old Tiger
06-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
wow...thats a pretty bold statement I didn't say they will make playoffs. I said they should, big difference

ILS1
06-10-2007, 09:57 AM
1. Liberty Hill

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. Rockdale

There are still alot of questions to be answered. Taylor always seems have the athletes. Cameron,you can never count out these guys. Hutto, yes, it's a rebuilding year, but they have a couple of move-ins who should make some noise!!! I really don't put much stock in undefeated Jr. High and JV teams that will eventually turn into winning varsity teams. They usually lose a couple of players who usually lose interest in football,get hurt and don't play again or just move away. That's what happened to us. My 7th & 8th Grade years we only lost 2 games. JV team only lost 1 game. Senior year we went 1-9!!!! Alot of things can happen in a couple of years!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

eagles_victory
06-10-2007, 11:41 AM
[B.You wouldn't know whether or not that last statement was true, it was a cold day in July when you would get extra work in during the summer or after school, so naturally, you aren't in my opinion someone who should be questioning what hard work will bring someone. [/B] man casey he just put you on blast lol:doh:

buffalo2006
06-10-2007, 12:25 PM
I saw that Sanders kid at a combine along with other Rockdale players and they all had size. I think Sanders got a award for best QB at the combine.

c-town_balla
06-10-2007, 01:11 PM
dang casey we got some talent

i mean dang look at me
all combine
an in texas football im a powerful blocker

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
dang casey we got some talent

i mean dang look at me
all combine
an in texas football im a powerful blocker

Back it up on the field. Don't fall into the trap of talking yourself up and then not being able to live up to your own hype. Not saying you won't, but don't let your mouth make a check that your a$$ can't cash. Good luck man.

Old Tiger
06-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Back it up on the field. Don't fall into the trap of talking yourself up and then not being able to live up to your own hype. Not saying you won't, but don't let your mouth make a check that your a$$ can't cash. Good luck man. HA!

Random thought just popped into my head

c-town_balla
06-10-2007, 09:53 PM
god gary
its called sarcasim

Old Tiger
06-10-2007, 09:57 PM
god gary
its called sarcasim Nick I know your a stud! I'll be the president of your fan club! :

Snydertigersrul
06-10-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Nick I know your a stud! I'll be the president of your fan club! : :rolleyes:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
god gary
its called sarcasim

Well, I know of some guys who are actually like that, so yeah, it's hard to tell sometimes.

Milk That Cow
06-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Is there a magic number of games that the Coach needs to win to keep his job...