PDA

View Full Version : Poor Paris Hilton....

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 02:17 PM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/inf_paris_070608_mn.jpg

By MONICA NISTA
June 8, 2007
Font Size

Print Paris Hilton is heading back to jail.

The Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer has ordered Paris Hilton back to jail for her entire sentence of 45 days.

After nearly two hours of anticipation, Paris Hilton was finally picked up at her home by a black and white patrol car and driven to court.

Hilton was handcuffed before she hopped in the backseat by herself, and was driven away from her home as photographers ran after her car to snap pictures.

The Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer ordered the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department to get Hilton and bring her to court.

This after the Los Angeles Superior Court Public Information Officer Allan Parachini earlier said that Hilton would not be appearing in court. Instead she was going to join the hearing via a conference call.

Hollywood Hills was a Hilton frenzy.

Helicopters hovered over her mansion and a band of Chihuahuas was seen on her patio barking at all the action.

Prosecutors are seeking to hold the sheriff's department, that runs the Century Regional Detention Facility, in contempt for releasing Hilton early from jail and a hearing will be held at noon today.

"We cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment," said Los Angeles City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo, the prosecutor on the case.

Delgadillo is questioning why Hilton's "medical condition" wasn't treated at the detention facility, which has a medical staff and an infirmary.

Not only this, but Judge Sauer, who sentenced Hilton, wrote in court documents that Hilton was not allowed to substitute a lesser punishment for time in jail.

Sauer explicitly wrote, "No work furlough. No work release. No electronic monitoring."

According to Allan Parachini, the public informations officer for the L.A. Superior Court told ABC, "Early release decisions are the province of the sheriff every day due to jail overcrowding but not always. In this particular manner Judge Sauer was advised yesterday afternoon of the sheriff's intention to release her and his response was that he reaffirmed the terms of the sentence on May 4th."

And yet, Hilton was "reassigned" to her multi-million dollar home in Hollywood Hills.

Party On?
There she is required to wear a monitored ankle bracelet for 40 days. The ankle bracelet has a range of 3,000 to 4,000 square feet.

Under the terms of her house arrest, Hilton can stroll outside, get the mail and maybe even throw a party if she wants, said Bob Taylor of the the Los Angeles County Probation Department.

Any trip beyond her home would require the permission of the Probation Department.

Taylor said that while normally those under house arrest with a 9-to-5 job are allowed to go to work, it is very unlikely the socialite would be given permission to attend a party or an event for which she would be paid.

But she may not be that isolated. Taylor said Hilton can invite guests over and even throw a party and sip cocktails, because nobody would monitor who is in her home or how she behaves.

Hilton was sentenced to prison for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case, and was released from jail for medical reasons.

"With the help of medical personnel and doctors, it was determined that she be reassigned to a community-based electronic monitoring program," said Steven Whitmore, the sheriff's department spokesman.

What Do You Think of Paris Hilton's Release? Send in Your Video and E-Mail Comments

If she leaves her home while on house arrest, Whitmore said, she will most likely be remanded to court, and her jail time would be bumped up to 90 days. Hilton's sentence was initially shortened from 45 days to 23 days, because of state rules allowing shorter sentences for good behavior.

"Because she has agreed to this through her attorney, her sentence is now back up to 45 days. She has already served five days, so that's 40 days," Whitmore said.

Through her attorney, Paris Hilton issued a written statement thanking the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for treating her fairly. The statement went on to say, "I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes."

The Ankle Bracelet Club
Hilton is not the only celebrity who has been assigned an ankle bracelet. Last month, a Los Angeles judge ordered former "Saturday Night Live" star Tracy Morgan to wear the bracelet for 90 days for violating probation for a drunken driving arrest. Morgan wore the bracelet while he hosted Spike TV's Guys Choice Awards.

"Lost" star Michelle Rodriguez turned the ankle bracelet into a fashion statement when she wore it to New York Fashion Week in February. Rodriguez was sentenced to 60 days in jail for violating probation after a drunken driving arrest in Hawaii. She was released from the Century Regional Detention Center -- where Hilton also was serving her time -- almost immediately because of overcrowding.

And then there's Martha Stewart. Stewart was convicted in March 2004 on four counts of lying to investigators and obstructing justice after selling her shares in the pharmaceutical company ImClone days before its application for a new drug was denied. She served five months before she was placed under supervised release and required to wear an ankle bracelet for an additional five months.

Was She Cut a Break?
When one reporter asked if Hilton had been cut a break, Whitmore said, "It's a fair statement, and I don't know if there's any way to address that. … [We're] fully aware of this criticism and this action was taken."

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
i'm confused--

first it says she is going back to jail, and then it says that she will be on house arrest

which is it?

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
story is confusing....not reallys ure what is up.

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Then clears it up a little bit...

------------------------------------------------

Paris Ordered Back To Jail
Sheriff's Office May Be In Contempt Of Court

UPDATED: 2:27 pm CDT June 8, 2007

Email This Story | Print This Story

LOS ANGELES -- Hollywood socialite Paris Hilton was taken from a courtroom screaming and crying on Friday after a judge ordered her returned to jail to serve out her entire 45-day sentence for a parole violation in a reckless driving case.

"It's not right!" shouted the weeping Hilton. "Mom!" she called out to her mother in the audience.

Hilton was brought to court in handcuffs. She came into the courtroom disheveled and weeping. Her hair was askew and she wore a gray fuzzy sweatshirt over slacks. She wore no makeup and cried throughout the hearing.

Her body also shook constantly as she dabbed at her eyes. Several times she turned to her parents who were seated behind her in the courtroom and mouthed the words, "I love you."

Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer was calm but apparently irked by developments of the morning. He said he left the courthouse last night having signed an order for Hilton to appear for the hearing.

Sauer said that when he got in his car early Friday, he heard a radio report that she would not appear and that he had approved a telephonic hearing. He said no such thing had been approved by him.

The judge said of the decision to release Hilton from jail after three days, "I at no time condoned the actions of the sheriff and at no time told him I approved the actions."

After swarming Hilton's home, the news media was waiting for her arrival outside of a downtown courthouse where Sauer listened to the city attorney's complaint that the county sheriff did not have the right to reassign her to electronically monitored home detention because of an undisclosed illness.

READ: City Attorney Filing

Angry Complaints
At the beginning of the day, a Los Angeles County supervisor said he's gotten hundreds of e-mails from people angry that Paris Hilton got out of jail early.

Don Knabe said it "gives the impression of celebrity justice being handed out."

In a statement, Knabe said, "This incident with Paris Hilton is just the most recent that highlights the problems our criminal justice system has with making sentences stick, whether it is in a county jail or under electronic monitoring."

But Hilton may be back behind bars soon. She's been ordered to court Friday for a hearing sought by prosecutors.

Sauer issued his order after the city attorney filed a petition late Thursday afternoon demanding to show cause why Sheriff Lee Baca should not be held in contempt of court for releasing Hilton early and demanding that she be held in custody.

Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini said Hilton was ordered to report to court at 9 a.m. Friday.

He added that although Hilton is at home she is technically in custody already because she is under house arrest.

She had served just three days of a 45-day sentence for a probation violation.

Hilton was fitted with a monitoring bracelet and ordered to serve the rest of the time under house arrest at her posh Hollywood Hills home.

Baca said she was released because of an undisclosed medical condition. Baca has a message to those who don't like celebrities: "punishing celebrities more than the average American is not justice."

Hilton reported to jail in Lynwood, south of downtown Los Angeles, Sunday night after attending the MTV Movie Awards.

A sheriff's spokesman said she was fitted with an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet and sent home at 2 a.m. Thursday.

She was ordered to finish her 45-day sentence under house arrest, meaning she could not leave her Hollywood Hills home until next month.

City Attorney Releases Statement

The Los Angeles city attorney released a terse statement regarding the reassignment.

In the statement released to TMZ, Rocky Delgadillo said that he was "extremely troubled to learn that the Sheriff's Department has decided to release Ms. Hilton from custody just three days after she was admitted to county jail."

Delgadillo said in the statement that the office was not advised of the action and learned of the news of her reassignment" through news reports, just like everyone else."

The city attorney blasted the sheriff's department, who said they took the action because of a "medical condition."

"The explanantion is puzzling," Delgadillo said. "Los Angeles county jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates."

Delgadillo said in the statement that the "judicial process may have been circumvented" in what is considered a probation case and that "only the judge has the power to modify the these conditions of the probation."

Delgadillo said that he has directed his criminal branch to explore legal options and that "we cannot tolerate a two-tiered jail system where the rich and powerful receive special treatment," TMZ reported.

Hilton Speaks
Hilton released a public statement after being reassigned from jail to home monitoring.

"I want to thank the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department and staff of the Century Regional Detention Center for treating me fairly and professionally," Hilton said in the statement, posted on TMZ.com. "I am going to serve the remaining 40 days of my sentence. I have learned a great deal from this ordeal and hope that others have learned from my mistakes."

rangerjim
06-08-2007, 02:34 PM
What they do to these stories is to add the latest info on the top - and then keep the original story below.

The first story was from this morning and when they carted her back off to jail they added the beginning stuff.

Wonder if she had time to kiss her chihuahua's good-bye??????

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:49 PM
there were probably too many and she didn't have time

is that cruel and unusual?:rolleyes:

rangerjim
06-08-2007, 03:16 PM
cruel and unusual for the chihuahua's!!!!!!!!!!

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
cruel and unusual for the chihuahua's!!!!!!!!!!

agreed!!

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Library/inf_paris02_070608_mn.jpg

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Saturday Night Live is going to have fun with this stuff....

crzyjournalist03
06-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Saturday Night Live is going to have fun with this stuff....

no they won't...they're on summer break. :(

Jason1725
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
She is crying like she just got life, am I heartless for laughing? It's only 40 days!!!!

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 06:13 PM
no...i laughed too!! I think its hilarious.

KTA
06-08-2007, 06:17 PM
that face looks nothing like the face in her video:D

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
halarious... facing 40 days of jail and keep saying "I love you mom and dad" like it's gunna be 40 years...

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
no they won't...they're on summer break. :(

they're not allowed to do Paris Hilton skits after summer break :confused:

Buccaneer
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
She is crying like she just got life, am I heartless for laughing? It's only 40 days!!!!

Have you ever did 40 days in jail?

Buccaneer
06-08-2007, 06:36 PM
FREE PARIS!

luvhoops34
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm sure 40 days in jail for Paris Hilton would be like 4 years for the rest of us. She should have thought before she violated her parole. :hand:

crzyjournalist03
06-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by KTA

The first Season of Simple Life on DVD???

KTA
06-08-2007, 07:24 PM
The first Season of Simple Life on DVD???

errrr....ummmm yeeeah thats exactly what I ment

LH Panther Mom
06-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by KTA
:eek: :eek: You looked at her face???? :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Question: Can anyone go and visit her while she's in jail? If so, that would be hilarious for people to just go and heckle her....:thinking:

smustangs
06-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725

no i love it its great HAHA im glad shes goin back to the pokie

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
no...i laughed too!! I think its hilarious. me too - glad i'm not the only one :evillol:

piratebg
06-08-2007, 11:57 PM
I still can't believe they let her out in the first place. :dispntd: Glad to see someone bring her butt back.

Emerson1
06-09-2007, 12:01 AM
This is a real shame. They are sending an innocent young woman to jail on some B.S. charges. The sheriffs and judge just want attention, someone must be up for re-election. The entire nation should be ashamed on how much they are patronizing her, it's no ones business. The only reason she was put in jail was because she is a very talented actress and is famous :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

kaorder1999
06-09-2007, 12:03 AM
go get a DUI and then have your license suspended and then see what would happen if you caught driving just once...not 3 times like her

sinton66
06-09-2007, 12:09 AM
Like Barretta used to say, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". (That's actually kinda ironic since it was Robert Blake who played Barretta.):D

JR2004
06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
If ever there was a posterchild for a spoiled, rich brat who thinks the entire world revolves around them, this would be it. To echo what was mentioned earlier in this thread, she's getting off extremely light in comparison to what would happen to a non-celebrity who had done the same thing she has done. She deserves to sit in a prison for a couple of years.

ASUFrisbeeStud
06-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
halarious... facing 40 days of jail and keep saying "I love you mom and dad" like it's gunna be 40 years...

I spent 4 hours in the "tank" and it felt like forever. 40 days is a long time in jail.

burnet44
06-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Like Barretta used to say, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime". (That's actually kinda ironic since it was Robert Blake who played Barretta.):D

since he shot his wife yeah

Old Tiger
06-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Question: Can anyone go and visit her while she's in jail? If so, that would be hilarious for people to just go and heckle her....:thinking: There is a list that she makes up of who can visit.

burnet44
06-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Al Sharpton?
jesse?

Emerson1
06-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Al Sharpton?
jesse?
They don't like white people

eagles_victory
06-09-2007, 11:34 AM
not saying she doesnt deserve to go to jail but there are people who have done a lot worse then her walking the streets. The funny thing to me was giving her house arrest hell id love to committ a crime and get to serve house arrest at Paris Hiltons mansion