PDA

View Full Version : Dogdad wins the bet!

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:17 PM
RC debuts at #4 in a major poll (padilla/DCTF)

forgot what the bet was, or who it was with, but he's got it

Emerson1
06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
The best was if any one reputable poll does not have RC in the top 5 then he loses.

jason
06-08-2007, 02:41 PM
is dctf still reputable? they seem to be a good ways off every year...

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:45 PM
they do more homework than anyone else (in fact they do most of the homework for everyone else, since their magazine usually comes out first)

because of that, i do think their poll is credible, even if i think it took a hit when david barron left

Snyder_TigerFan
06-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
is dctf still reputable? they seem to be a good ways off every year...

I don't think last year's poll had Liberty Hill in the top 25.

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:49 PM
nobody did until they had narrow losses to cuero and wimberley

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
RC debuts at #4 in a major poll (padilla/DCTF)

forgot what the bet was, or who it was with, but he's got it

LOL you forgot what the bet was, but you know he won it? I just went and read it again and am confused - it seemed to start as one thing and ended up something else. :confused:

bet (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65527&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL you forgot what the bet was, but you know he won it? I just went and read it again and am confused - it seemed to start as one thing and ended up something else. :confused:

bet (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65527&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)

alright, well, i knew what the bet was originally supposed to be, anyway--and i am as confused as you are, pirate!

:eek: :p :crazy1:

ps--i also was too lazy to go back and look

kaorder1999
DOGDAD: maybe I did not clearly state the parameters........RC must be ranked in the top 5 of at least one recognized reputable poll.....i.e. TX HS Football, coach's poll, Padilla Poll, etc.

He went on to say that there would be at least ONE that had RC in the Top 5. That was what he was talking about. Emerson knew that and that is why he asked the same question over and over again. He wasnt saying that RC was going to be in the Top 5 of every poll. He said at least one

pirate4state
alright, well, i knew what the bet was originally supposed to be, anyway--and i am as confused as you are, pirate!

:eek: :p :crazy1:

oh good, i'm glad it isn't just me!! :D

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Well, Carl Padilla is the one who makes the polls for DCTF, so that makes it Dogdad's victory, right?

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
DOGDAD: maybe I did not clearly state the parameters........RC must be ranked in the top 5 of at least one recognized reputable poll.....i.e. TX HS Football, coach's poll, Padilla Poll, etc.

He went on to say that there would be at least ONE that had RC in the Top 5. That was what he was talking about. Emerson knew that and that is why he asked the same question over and over again. He wasnt saying that RC was going to be in the Top 5 of every poll. He said at least one

heeeheee so he wins and what does he win? :D:D:D

Emerson1
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
We had different paremeters on what we wanted the bet to be, don't think either of us ever accepted.

I said if any one reputable poll didn't have RC in the top 5, I win. Since he was so sure RC was gonna be a lock for state

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Well, Carl Padilla is the one who makes the polls for DCTF, so that makes it Dogdad's victory, right?

correct....But Emerson kept asking the question because the way Dogdag originally stated it it sounded like he was saying that RC was going to be in the TOP 5 of every poll. I knew what he was really saying and so did Emerson, that is why he kept asking him if he were sure. That is when dogdad edited what he was saying...

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 03:02 PM
heeeheee so he wins and what does he win? :D:D:D

absolutely nothing!

let me go call him now! i know he'll be excited!

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
correct....But Emerson kept asking the question because the way Dogdag originally stated it it sounded like he was saying that RC was going to be in the TOP 5 of every poll. I knew what he was really saying and so did Emerson, that is why he kept asking him if he were sure. That is when dogdad edited what he was saying...

roger!

kaorder1999
06-08-2007, 03:04 PM
either way...RC is going to be VERY GOOD and should be in the Top 5 of every poll. They have a very good chance of winning a title this year with the players they have. Very good quarterback, very good running back, very good receiver and they will be great on defense. Great coaching staff!

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
absolutely nothing!

let me go call him now! i know he'll be excited! wow lol well he does get the satisfication of being right about RC being in the top 5, but rankings don't mean much (yada, yada, yada) ;)

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 03:08 PM
but rankings don't mean much (yada, yada, yada) ;)

don't tell that to the snyder fans

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 03:08 PM
don't tell that to the snyder fans dude, they don't need rankings, they need dust pans! DUH! :D

DaHop72
06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
don't tell that to the snyder fans :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

DaHop, you had to know it was coming, especially once STR found out the tigers were ranked 3rd to start the season.

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: you are probably everyone's favorite Snyder poster, but well there always has to be ONE in the bunch that brings on all this fun

DaHop72
06-08-2007, 03:15 PM
DaHop, you had to know it was coming, especially once STR found out the tigers were ranked 3rd to start the season. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

DaHop72
06-08-2007, 03:16 PM
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: you are probably everyone's favorite Snyder poster, but well there always has to be ONE in the bunch that brings on all this fun :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Just quote Kojak.:D

Hupernikomen
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM

Not having LH ranked in the top 25 after the previous seasons showed a real lack of being in touch with 3A football.

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Not having LH ranked in the top 25 after the previous seasons showed a real lack of being in touch with 3A football.

Human Polls have a backward-bias anyway.
Any observer could see LH had been on the way up for the last couple of years, and a breakthrough was possible at any time. Even after their two regular season losses, many people were ready to dismiss them in the playoffs, and probably less than 50% expected them to win against Giddings

Interesting to note that even when LH was 3-2 this year, the computer-based rankings all had them in the top ten

3afan
06-08-2007, 05:03 PM
this bet should be null and void because they never agreed on what set of polls was "reputable" ..... its 100% subjective

but no one asked me anyway ..... :p

dogdad
06-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I knew when I issued the challenge that Emerson would never agree to it. Since then I have learned that Emerson is still a boy. I assumed he was a grown-up and had I known the truth I never would have started all this business with him. I would not try to embarrass a kid. Sorry Emerson.

Emerson1
06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by dogdad
I knew when I issued the challenge that Emerson would never agree to it. Since then I have learned that Emerson is still a boy. I assumed he was a grown-up and had I known the truth I never would have started all this business with him. I would not try to embarrass a kid. Sorry Emerson.
I accepted what I said. If you are so positive RC is the best team in the state like they are every other year then you should of to.

DU_stud04
06-08-2007, 07:18 PM
nobody did until they had narrow losses to cuero and wimberley my poll had them up there. :) and beating cuero. :D

JR2004
06-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I don't think last year's poll had Liberty Hill in the top 25.

Burnet was also not in the top 25 in 2002. I broadcast their 2nd game of the season against Gatesville and I quickly came to the conclusion along with the other guy broadcasting the game with me that Burnet would be playing for a state title later that season.

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Actually....AP has us tied at # 10 before we played Cuero, then dropped us out after Wimberley. :)

Matthew328
06-09-2007, 10:08 AM
The only poll that matters is mine....LOL

My top will be

1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
4. Royse City
5. Giddings

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
The only poll that matters is mine....LOL

My top will be

1. Liberty Hill
2. Celina
3. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau
4. Royse City
5. Giddings
:kiss: :kiss: (Looked back at your preseason from last year the other day.... :bigcry: ;) )

Matthew328
06-09-2007, 10:18 AM
Lets not discuss that right now

pirate4state
06-09-2007, 10:19 AM
why not? :D