PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the top overall player in 3A this year?

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:10 PM
see what the early polls are saying

And by the way, is this calhoun kid from Van the real deal? normally a #5 recruit in the nation is enough to put a 3A team in the playoffs. It's a shame they missed last year, because i kind of like the vandals, and it was only recently they were on the rise. I remember hearing about calhoun last year, but not that he was the best running back in the nation.

More info would be nice

Gsquared
06-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
see what the early polls are saying

And by the way, is this calhoun kid from Van the real deal? normally a #5 recruit in the nation is enough to put a 3A team in the playoffs. It's a shame they missed last year, because i kind of like the vandals, and it was only recently they were on the rise. I remember hearing about calhoun last year, but not that he was the best running back in the nation.

More info would be nice
Ive seen Calhoun twice and he is pretty darn good, just doesnt have an OL to help him out. LaMichael James will be one of the better ones this year. Justin Johnson from Gilmer, whats his name from Giddings (sorry, got beer on my brain right now) will be tops too. Theres a soph from Brownsboro that is going to open some eyes two. He is a DB and I bet he gets some O playing time too.

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:15 PM
beer on the brain? it's only 215 in dallas!

of course, so do i, and it's only 315 here

Old Tiger
06-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Brock Fitzhenry

icu812
06-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Van really has underachieved the last two years. Good skill position kids stuck in predictable 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense (power I). Our big lineman (who stand on the sidelines or in the stands) have had a hard time being in a four point stance and diving every play. I believe it's just to much to ask our small line to dominate the los against todays athletes. It worked in 79'-state champs 2A but not today. The Vandals are going to the spread this year from what I hear. Good freshman, soph and junior classes should help Calhoun this year. Playing 7 on 7 now. Might be a hard thing to do in one year. We'll see.

I watched alot of games last year including Celina's last 3 games. Calhoun is the best I've seen. He is a link if you haven't seen him in action:

http://texas.rivals.com/video.asp?pkey=49060&section=fbrecruit&vidtype=prospect&vidid=84975

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 04:32 PM
thanks for the info and the link, icu!

hopefully we'll get to see him face to face this year in the playoffs (if the vandals would even be in D-II, that is.

icu812
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
If we would have beaten Chapel Hill our last game you would have seen us last year instead of Canton (we beat Canton by 2 or 3 td's). If we make the playoff we will be DII. Lots of pressure on our coaching staff to make a deep run this year.

charlesrixey
06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by icu812
If we would have beaten Chapel Hill our last game you would have seen us last year instead of Canton (we beat Canton by 2 or 3 td's). If we make the playoff we will be DII. Lots of pressure on our coaching staff to make a deep run this year.

how is the rest of your district looking this year? any other players to watch out for?