PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Spurs Game last night

Pudlugger
06-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Mrs. Pudlugger and I were putting away the leftovers and loading the dishwasher last night at 6PM when my youngest son called from SA. He is an intern for the Spurs and had won two tickets in a drawing among the interns for the game. He said Happy Father's Day and get into the car 'cause you're both going to watch the game. We put the food in the fridge, changed quickly and jumped into the car. We left at 6:20 and made it into our seats a minute before the tipoff. It was really an exciting game, mostly good defense by both teams, and the atmosphere was unbelievable with the Spurs fans and all the noise and action. We also saw our son set up several games during timeouts and between quarters.

One thing though. The guy next to my wife was a Cleveland fan and he refused to sit down the entire game until the fourth quarter when the Spurs iced the win. The people behind him asked him politely to sit down and he refused. He was drunk and became pretty obnoxious. I asked him to please sit down but he refused saying fans from Cleveland never sit during big games. I said he must be a thug from Cincinnati and he got real nasty then and into my face. I guess I pulled his chain too much. My wife made me change seats latter so she didn't have to be in the middle LOL. The poor folks behind him left to find other empty seats so they could watch the game. He and his wife left when Mano hit the coffin nail from downtown with a minute and a half to go. Guess fans from Cleveland don't stay to the end if their teams behind LOL... Oh Schadenfreude. :D

Adidas410s
06-08-2007, 10:58 AM
there were empty seats AGAIN???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

:(

BTEXDAD
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger

One thing though. The guy next to my wife was a Cleveland fan and he refused to sit down the entire game until the fourth quarter when the Spurs iced the win........ He was drunk and became pretty obnoxious. I asked him to please sit down but he refused saying fans from Cleveland never sit during big games.

Is this some round about way to take a slap at Aggies, pud?

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Glad u enjoyed the game..but I have to say, I like fans who stand the whole game

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Maybe those vacated by disillusioned Cleveland fans?

Pudlugger
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Nice try. ;)

It was packed and sold out. The management leaves a handful of upper deck seats for the interns' family and friends. My son has given tickets to his friends at Trinity on several occasions. Go Spurs!

Pudlugger
06-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Glad u enjoyed the game..but I have to say, I like fans who stand the whole game

Well, in the nosebleed seats near the top of the stadium (about 5 feet below the roof LOL) the angle is so acute that the folks behind you can't see even if they stand too without looking around. I don't object to standing up and cheering, just sit down afterwards when play resumes. They were the only ones standing the whole time. Other folks who paid to see the game deserve a view. It was rude. Maybe if the folks in back could stand and see too it would have been better. Actually, it is a little creepy to look down such a steep slope up there. It reminded me of the Chichinitsa pyramid LOL.

Fotbol
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah Calling someone a Thug will get someone in your face Quick:twitch:

Emerson1
06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Why didn't you just get an usher?

Adidas410s
06-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol

zebras do wear their stripes at all times...

Pudlugger
06-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Fotbol

Thug:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thug

About right if you ask me.

3afan
06-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why didn't you just get an usher?

or "spill" a beer on him ....

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
I've only gone off on a fan once in my life... he was drunk... in SA too... Alamo Dome... Alamo Bowl... shoulda gave me a call I'da given you a few tips on how to handle the ass-hat...