PDA

View Full Version : I had to call into work today....

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
....because I am sunburned!!!

I think this is the worst I have ever been burnt in my entire life!!:( :(

44INAROW
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I think this is the worst I have ever been burnt in my entire life!!:( :(

ut oh - where did you go yesterday?

CHS_CG
06-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I am so happy I dont sunburned bad at all, I tan more than anything

jason
06-08-2007, 08:57 AM

I think this is the worst I have ever been burnt in my entire life!!:( :( fall asleep laying out naked in the backyard again?

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ut oh - where did you go yesterday?

I was cleaning the pool! I put my 2-piece on so I could "get some sun"!!

I started about 1:30.....I looked up later on and my husband was standing there. I said, "what are you doing home so early?" He said, "Early?? It's 4:30!"

I had been in the water, cleaning for 3 hours, no sunblock, no sunscreen....NADA!!

My entire back is burnt. In fact, Ashton was putting some aloe Vera gel on me and told me I am so burnt my skin is almost purple!!:(

I hurt!!:weeping:

CHS_CG
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
I was cleaning the pool! I put my 2-piece on so I could "get some sun"!!

I started about 1:30.....I looked up later on and my husband was standing there. I said, "what are you doing home so early?" He said, "Early?? It's 4:30!"

I had been in the water, cleaning for 3 hours, no sunblock, no sunscreen....NADA!!

My entire back is burnt. In fact, Ashton was putting some aloe Vera gel on me and told me I am so burnt my skin is almost purple!!:(

I hurt!!:weeping:

aww poor momma.. though next time it will teach you to put sunblock on... when you are in the water you get more of a tan or burn than you do when ur not in the water. keep that tidbit for next time you clean the pool out lol.

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
OUCH!!!!!!!

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am so happy I dont sunburned bad at all, I tan more than anything

I normally tan really fast....but being in the water like that, bent over vaccuming the pool with the sun beating down on my back like it was, was just too much. My back hasn't seen sun at all this year....until now!:(

It didn't help that it was in the high 90's either....that sun was HOTTTT!!!

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
aww poor momma.. though next time it will teach you to put sunblock on... when you are in the water you get more of a tan or burn than you do when ur not in the water. keep that tidbit for next time you clean the pool out lol.

DUH!!!!

I thought I had been in there about an hour MAX!! I was so shocked when he told me what time it was.

I had him go get me a T-Shirt, and when I was putting it on, he said, "I don't think that's gonna do you a lot of good now babe!!"

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Dang Kellye, before I even read this thread I was gonna call and see how you were b/c you hadn't been on here much. Guess now we all know what you've been up to. ;) :(

Believe it or not, I do sunburn so I know how you feel right now. :( This is gonna suck for your weekend. Try this stuff

http://www.bananaboat.com/images/aaaaaa.gif

it always makes me feel better! :)

okay, that's weird the image isn't showing up...it is banana boat soothing gel w/ aloe vera - it looks like green goo, but it works!!!

LH Panther Mom
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dang Kellye, before I even read this thread I was gonna call and see how you were b/c you hadn't been on here much. Guess now we all know what you've been up to. ;) :(

Believe it or not, I do sunburn so I know how you feel right now. :( This is gonna suck for your weekend. Try this stuff

okay, that's weird the image isn't showing up...it is banana boat soothing gel w/ aloe vera - it looks like green goo, but it works!!!
The blue kinda goo works well too....has menthol which helps ease the pain.

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:13 AM

I will try that!!

What's sad is....I am waiting for it to warm up some so I can go finish what I started yesterday! Our water is SO hard here that at the beginning of every summer we have to physically scrape the sediment off the bottom of the pool...which is what I was doing yeterday....I only got about half of it done.

I WILL be wearing sunblock AND a shirt today!!

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:15 AM
I will try that!!

What's sad is....I am waiting for it to warm up some so I can go finish what I started yesterday! Our water is SO hard here that at the beginning of every summer we have to physically scrape the sediment off the bottom of the pool...which is what I was doing yeterday....I only got about half of it done.

I WILL be wearing sunblock AND a shirt today!!

:crazy1: Do you think that's a good idea? You should either do it know, when it isn't so hot or maybe later in the evening when all you have to worry about are mosquitos. :D

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:19 AM
:crazy1: Do you think that's a good idea? You should either do it know, when it isn't so hot or maybe later in the evening when all you have to worry about are mosquitos. :D

It's too cold right now....I'm a weenie!!

I have to have the sun out so I can see what I am doing!!

If the wind doesn't calm down some I will probably just blow it off for today (no pun intended)!!

:D

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The blue kinda goo works well too....has menthol which helps ease the pain.

I remember using menthol shaving cream back in the day....that worked good too!!

Had that cooling effect, kind of like Noxema!

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
It's too cold right now....I'm a weenie!!

I have to have the sun out so I can see what I am doing!!

If the wind doesn't calm down some I will probably just blow it off for today (no pun intended)!!

:D

I say, take the day off and pick up the chore tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
I say, take the day off and pick up the chore tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I may not have much choice! I wanted to get it done today, if at all possible, so people could swim this weekend, if they wanted.