PDA

View Full Version : I made an emergency trip to....

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2007, 08:46 AM
College Station on Wednesday to pick up my daughter from cheerleading camp because she was running a fairly high temp for two days.....

Anyway, I thought about my downlow friends from Caldwell as I ate at their McDonalds and sat next to photos of their football team, band and color guard.

I also enjoyed checking out the Giddings football field as I drove by...but I would tell you....Giddings has the most beautiful courthouse I have ever seen. I might have to try to find a picture of it!

I have a feeling that Halletsville's courthouse was pretty nice too, but I didn't detour the block that would have taken me directly by it. I love old buildings!:)

Gsquared
06-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Halletsville has some good sausage

44INAROW
06-08-2007, 08:50 AM
and how is your daughter?

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Here's the Giddings Courthouse....pretty cool! The trees and landscaping is much better now....8 years after this photo.

http://www.ers.usda.gov/Briefing/Population/Photos/TX287.jpg

CHS_CG
06-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Dang its to bad you didnt have mine or FB_Gurls phone number.. we woulda glady taken off work to come see ya lol...Hope you liked our lil town and I am sorry you resorting to eating McDonalds!

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and how is your daughter?

She is much better, just a sore throat now, no fever. They really scared me Tuesday night saying that her temp was 104. But they thought the thermometer was wrong and went out and bought a digital. It was then 101.

It was definitely a long day though!;)

AP Panther Fan
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Dang its to bad you didnt have mine or FB_Gurls phone number.. we woulda glady taken off work to come see ya lol...Hope you liked our lil town and I am sorry you resorting to eating McDonalds!

LOL...thanks. It was just a quick trip through twice and McDonalds was convenient. Maybe next time though...it was really a pretty drive from Victoria on up. I never realized that I don't travel 77 North often....just 77 South (which is totally NOT scenic).:D

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm glad Cameron is feeling better!!! It's finally FRIDAY - now you can relax as soon as the whistle blows. :D