PDA

View Full Version : 85-76?

JR2004
06-07-2007, 10:51 PM
The NBA at its best! I wonder if either team will break 90 in this series.

Gobbla2001
06-07-2007, 10:56 PM
during that awful stretch the Spurs had during the first half, they took some bad shots and they were rushing things... Cleveland's defense was a responsible for a couple of those misses but not all of 'em... SA made up for it later, but the Cavs weren't playing the greatest defense when SA missed some of those easy shots... they don't miss shots... next game SA hits 100

Bull Butter
06-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

Who cares? As long as the Spurs win it serves two purposes......
1. Makes Spurs fans like me happy
2. Gives Spurs haters like yourself something to complain about

It's a win-win situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pirate4state
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
nice one BB :evillol: :evillol:

Bull Butter
06-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Gracias
Go Spurs Go!

Bull Butter
06-08-2007, 12:08 AM
As we all know, JR hates the Spurs and loves the Lakers. Here's a little info about the last time his team was in the Finals.......

June 6, 2004 (Game 1) Detroit 87 LA Lakers 75 (162 total points as opposed to 161 tonight) Funny how we never heard disparaging remarks about that game?

pssssst..........in game 3, the Lakers only scored SIXTY-EIGHT. You won't hear that from him as well

DDBooger
06-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
As we all know, JR hates the Spurs and loves the Lakers. Here's a little info about the last time his team was in the Finals.......

June 6, 2004 (Game 1) Detroit 87 LA Lakers 75 (162 total points as opposed to 161 tonight) Funny how we never heard disparaging remarks about that game?

pssssst..........in game 3, the Lakers only scored SIXTY-EIGHT. You won't hear that from him as well ouch

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 12:19 AM

pssssst..........in game 3, the Lakers only scored SIXTY-EIGHT. You won't hear that from him as well

nobody here wants to read your facts... :hand:

JR2004
06-08-2007, 12:23 AM

LOL...Wrong AGAIN as usual. I couldn't care less if it's the Spurs in the Finals or the Grizzlies. Scores like this continue to drag the NBA down to a depth of indifference from the average fan that hasn't been since in almost 3 decades and in turn the league I used to enjoy so much as a kid continues to become less and less popular with every passing day. This sport has far more in common with hockey right now than it does football and that's a bad thing.

And let's get this straight for the umpteenth time...I hate one team in this league and that team resides in Boston. No one else even comes remotely close. You could combine any dislike I have for every other franchise in the league and it isn't 1/10th of 1 percent of how much I dislike and hate the C's.

Now what's really funny is you never heard disparaging remarks about the 2004 Finals because I WASN'T USING THIS BOARD AT THAT TIME. Find a Laker message board and you'll find plenty of disparaging remarks about that series and how bad the Lakers imploded and embarrassed the franchise and basketball in general.

Now that you've been proven wrong AGAIN, continue on with your foolishness!

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 12:29 AM
LOL...Wrong AGAIN as usual. I couldn't care less if it's the Spurs in the Finals or the Grizzlies. Scores like this continue to drag the NBA down to a depth of indifference from the average fan that hasn't been since in almost 3 decades and in turn the league I used to enjoy so much as a kid continues to become less and less popular with every passing day.

that's the fan's fault... these "fans" want to see the glitz and glamour... they want the amazing dunks, they want to see Jack barkin' at the refs from the front row...

those teams are out there in the NBA... but all of that stuff isn't winning championships right now...

JR2004
06-08-2007, 12:31 AM
The Laker board that my criticism was mainly put on is the Yahoo message board called "The Main Los Angeles Lakers Board" as well as the one currently used the most by Laker fans called "The Main Los Angeles Lakers Board II"...It can be found on messages.yahoo.com under the "NBA Teams" section of sports related message boards.

All you have to do is look up posts under the screenname hookemhorns_99 to see how much ire I've directed at the Lakers on several occasions, 2004 Finals included, for how they've embarrassed the franchise and NBA in general since I started posting there in 2003.

Maroon87
06-08-2007, 08:14 AM

:thumbsup:

The teams combined for 161 points....which is 161 more points than any other 2 NBA teams combined to score last night.:p

luvhoops34
06-08-2007, 08:34 AM
Who cares? As long as the Spurs win it serves two purposes......
1. Makes Spurs fans like me happy
2. Gives Spurs haters like yourself something to complain about

It's a win-win situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it! :thumbsup:

DDBooger
06-08-2007, 08:35 AM
This sport has far more in common with hockey right now than it does football and that's a bad thing.
just curious, but what exactly are you basing this on. I don't deny your opinion, but is there substantial fact behind that claim or is that just your general feeling? are you taking in to account ratings, promotions, endorsements using pro basketball players, broadcast deals(abc/tnt/espn). to me basketball seems head and shoulders above NHL, no pun inteneded ;). what precisely are the parameters that lead you to that conclusion is basically what im asking. perhaps i'll learn something:D .

oh yeah, go spurs:cheerl:

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I used to love basketball in the 80's - ever since Jordan retired and the new kids have taken over I've not been real interested in watching that garbage. Lebron makes it fun to watch again. I watched most of the game last night, with die hard Spurs fans and I think I had more fun watching them than the game. ROFL!

I guess that is how I act when I'm watching a Cowboy game. :D

JasperDog94
06-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I guess that is how I act when I'm watching a Cowboy game. :D Is it football season yet?

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I used to love basketball in the 80's - ever since Jordan retired and the new kids have taken over I've not been real interested in watching that garbage. Lebron makes it fun to watch again. I watched most of the game last night, with die hard Spurs fans and I think I had more fun watching them than the game. ROFL!

I guess that is how I act when I'm watching a Cowboy game. :D

I used to love the cowboys in the 90's - ever since Aikman retired and the new kids have "taken over" I've not been real interested in watching that garbage. Butterfingers is kinda making it fun to watch again. I watched most of their season last year, with a die hard Cowboys fan in the living room and I think I had more fun watching him then the game. HA

I guess that is how I act when I'm watching a Spurs game... wait, no, I act happy most of the time sorry:(

pirate4state
06-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I used to love the cowboys in the 90's - ever since Aikman retired and the new kids have "taken over" I've not been real interested in watching that garbage. Butterfingers is kinda making it fun to watch again. I watched most of their season last year, with a die hard Cowboys fan in the living room and I think I had more fun watching him then the game. HA

I guess that is how I act when I'm watching a Spurs game... wait, no, I act happy most of the time sorry:( so sad copy cat

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 09:53 AM
so sad copy cat

hehe

Darren
06-08-2007, 12:56 PM
What will happen to the Lakers when Kobe is no longer there?

I would bet that they would try to build a solid fundamental team with a strong Defense like the Spurs and the Pistons because it has been proven to win championships.

So you better get accustom to seeing low scoring games because you may see it from the Lakers as well.

Gobbla2001
06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I honestly do not believe that the low scoring games are the sole reason there are bad ratings (last nights ratings were actually pretty good, way better than the stanley cup finals)... it may be a reason, but it all boils down to the people in our society and how the media reports sports...

I can guarantee you a lot more fans watched the cowboys once TO arrived than before... not because the team was gunna be any better, but because everyone in the media has kept the man in the spotlight since his 49r days and he's a hot topic, he draws attention...

How many people tuned in to Indiana and Detroit games before the brawl? the media built it up because there was big time off the court drama, and the next game the two teams played in the viewing was off the charts...

Shaq and Kobe? remember the first year they were apart? The Heat and the Lakers had already played one regular season game against each other and the two met at at tip-off, touched hands, no big deal... but the SECOND match-up between the two teams, almost two months later was a big "What will happen when shaq and kobe meet at halfcourt at tip-off" by the sports media... it had been two months since the last time, but ESPN needed a story, and people tuned in to watch that tip-off...

ESPN, for all of the good it has done in putting great sports and great sports coverage on a host of channels, it has also done bad by reporting the non-sport happenings involving teams and athletes more and more and more...

Kobe complaining was quickly overshadowing other, more important news... if he were still playing, the ratings for one of his televised games would be off the charts, more than what he'd regularly draw in...

Then you have Bilas writing a stupid article about Billy Donovan, finding stupid crap to complain about (like how much money it cost the Orlando Magic because he left, seeing how because of Donovan's arrival they had sold 200 season ticket packages and they would most-likely be returned... had Donovan not come they may not have sold those 200 so quickly in the first place, not Donovan's fault really, just something other than the game on the court for the media to focus attention to, had Orlando played a game against a group of high-school kids last night it would have gotten more ratings than the Spurs/Cavs because the drama is more important than the sport)...

Sports fans world-wide have been conditioned by the sports media to observe games with off the field/court/whatever drama/excitement behind it...

Bull Butter
06-11-2007, 12:46 AM
San Antonio 103
Cleveland 92

luvhoops34
06-11-2007, 07:24 AM
San Antonio 103
Cleveland 92

;)

Gobbla2001
06-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
next game SA hits 100

:D ;)

Phil C
06-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Is it football season yet?

Patience Jasper. You should still be enjoying your State Championship. Plus there is still the NBA and the Tour de France is coming next month. Excitement indeed!