PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Bulldogs Baseball 3A State Champions!!!

kepdawg
06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

sinton66
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to the Dawgs for their 14-4 victory over Texarkana Liberty-Eylau.

sinton66
06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I think j_dog was pulling my leg when he told me the Dawgs were just an average hitting team.

JasperDog94
06-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Way to go Bulldogs!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

RiverRat19
06-07-2007, 10:09 PM
Congrats to Jasper and Archer City for clinching state titles today.

kepdawg
06-07-2007, 10:10 PM
:) :crying: :)

JasperDog94
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think j_dog was pulling my leg when he told me the Dawgs were just an average hitting team. They really came on strong in the playoffs.

kepdawg
06-07-2007, 10:13 PM
This is so awesome! I remember playing t-ball and little league in Jasper dreaming of one day being a Bulldog! I remember watching (Coach) Mixon smashing the ball over the pine trees headed towards the hospital! I am so happy for everyone involved! Way to go Bulldogs!

sinton66
06-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, Thanks Bulldogs for preserving our record.;)

JasperDog94
06-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot, Thanks Bulldogs for preserving our record.;) Glad we could help out this year...but next year may be another story.:p

sinton66
06-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Maybe next year we'll do a little better job of taking care of that ourselves. We got 7 coming back.;)

pirate4state
06-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Congrats to Jasper!!!! :cheerl: :cheerl:

This has got to be a tough blow for the 'Leps, but you gotta keep your head up and remember you were one of the last four left standing in our great State!! :clap:

j_dog
06-08-2007, 12:56 AM
I think j_dog was pulling my leg when he told me the Dawgs were just an average hitting team.
66, I was not pulling your leg when I said Jasper was just an average hitting team. The averages were right there in the program for all to see. They were good yes, but by no means averages that would scare folks. I noticed that in the "poll" Jasper was picked last of the four teams. :D

We all know that many team averages get padded some because they may be in a weak district, and perhaps a weak region. That was not the case with Jasper. Jasper had to fight for its life every district game, or they might not even have gotten out of the district.

I say what you saw is proof positive that Jasper and Bridge City really were in the toughest district in Texas. Further proof was when Bridge City met up with undefeated and number one ranked Carthage, BC took them out in 2 games without much suspense. And then Jasper took BC out at Region III finals in 3 games, by a total margin of ONE RUN. And when Jasper got to state, the competition level paid off big time.

Now, I may have downplayed the batting, but I did tell you that the Dogs could flat out run the bases. ;) I think that was the HUGE difference in the games. Speed and aggressiveness, not batting averages.

JasperDog94
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
66, I was not pulling your leg when I said Jasper was just an average hitting team. The averages were right there in the program for all to see. They were good yes, but by no means averages that would scare folks. I noticed that in the "poll" Jasper was picked last of the four teams. :D

We all know that many team averages get padded some because they may be in a weak district, and perhaps a weak region. That was not the case with Jasper. Jasper had to fight for its life every district game, or they might not even have gotten out of the district.

I say what you saw is proof positive that Jasper and Bridge City really were in the toughest district in Texas. Further proof was when Bridge City met up with undefeated and number one ranked Carthage, BC took them out in 2 games without much suspense. And then Jasper took BC out at Region III finals in 3 games, by a total margin of ONE RUN. And when Jasper got to state, the competition level paid off big time.

Now, I may have downplayed the batting, but I did tell you that the Dogs could flat out run the bases. ;) I think that was the HUGE difference in the games. Speed and aggressiveness, not batting averages. Well said JD. I wish I could have been there with you guys.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-08-2007, 12:20 PM
:clap: Jasper Bulldogs congrats on State Title. Enjoy it Jasper fans its great being no.1 for a whole year :) Well deserved and not many people, including me, gave Jasper much chance in the State tourney but they prove they were the best team there. :cool:

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Congratulations, Bulldogs

always a great way to end a school year

kepdawg
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/974/images/news/Jasper%20is%203A%20State%20Champs%20001.jpeg

http://news.mywebpal.com/partners/974/images/news/ACF6E.jpeg

KJAS Story (http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_v2.cfm?show=localnews&pnpID=974&NewsID=813124&CategoryID=17046&on=1)

Pudlugger
06-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Congratulations Jasper Bulldogs. Way to go. Yall beat some fine teams on the way and deserve all the credit. Good luck next year and have a great summer.:)

sinton66
06-08-2007, 06:43 PM

Now, I may have downplayed the batting, but I did tell you that the Dogs could flat out run the bases. ;) I think that was the HUGE difference in the games. Speed and aggressiveness, not batting averages.

I still would have been peeved if you had talked me into a bet.:D

BTW, I really enjoyed meeting j_dog, GWOOD, txkmom and daughter, shankbear, and I forgot who the other one from BC was (I'm an OLD guy, you know).;)

j_dog
06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
I still would have been peeved if you had talked me into a bet.:D

BTW, I really enjoyed meeting j_dog, GWOOD, txkmom and daughter, shankbear, and I forgot who the other one from BC was (I'm an OLD guy, you know).;)
I guess I see your point. 16 hits in 7 innings is "averaging" over two hits per inning. :) But 13 of them were only singles. Do singles really count for the average? :D

It was swampdude, plus other SE Texas baseball fans.

pero chato
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Congrats to the Jasper Bulldogs! I was at the Jasper/Wylie game and knew then that Jasper would be the next state champs. Great hitters and speed all around, plus the pitching wasn't bad either!
But MY Bulldogs had another great year, too, and I give them lots of props!

loyalleopard
06-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Congrats Bulldogs on your State Title. You have a great team and should be proud of your accomplishments. LE, keep your heads up and work hard to get back to Round Rock next year.

Hupernikomen
06-08-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by loyalleopard
Congrats Bulldogs on your State Title. You have a great team and should be proud of your accomplishments. LE, keep your heads up and work hard to get back to Round Rock next year.

Ditto that. LE had a tremendous team. That obviously wasn't their best performance. Jasper was hitting on all cylinders and came out on top. Good luck next year as well.

j_dog
06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
Congrats to the Jasper Bulldogs! I was at the Jasper/Wylie game and knew then that Jasper would be the next state champs. Great hitters and speed all around, plus the pitching wasn't bad either!
But MY Bulldogs had another great year, too, and I give them lots of props!
Yes, AW had a great year. Any time you make it to state, it is a great year! :clap: :)

GWOOD
06-08-2007, 11:37 PM
What a fun team to watch was those Jasper Bulldogs. Coach Mixon did a great job of taking advantage of his team speed. I loved all the stolen bases, the double steals, the hit and runs, etc.

With the hitting and stolen base barrage, I think the pitching was overlooked. Great job by Parsons, Stephenson, and Ellis to hold two good offensive teams to 3 and 4 runs.

zebrablue2
06-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
What a fun team to watch was those Jasper Bulldogs. Coach Mixon did a great job of taking advantage of his team speed. I loved all the stolen bases, the double steals, the hit and runs, etc.

With the hitting and stolen base barrage, I think the pitching was overlooked. Great job by Parsons, Stephenson, and Ellis to hold two good offensive teams to 3 and 4 runs. you are so right on the pitching Gwood, helps to have extra in the tank this time of the season. GREAT season dogs.

sinton66
06-09-2007, 07:41 AM
I guess I see your point. 16 hits in 7 innings is "averaging" over two hits per inning. :) But 13 of them were only singles. Do singles really count for the average? :D

It was swampdude, plus other SE Texas baseball fans.

Well, darn! I guess I remembered afterall. I knew I met swampdude, just left him off the list. Apologies, guys.

tigerpride_08
06-09-2007, 03:23 PM
congrats to Jasper....:clap:

BigTex
06-10-2007, 04:08 PM
Just wanted to add to the congratulations for Jasper's great season and above all, State Championship!:clap: I just returned from seeing all 15 games of the State Tournament and must say that Jasper was the most impressive team I saw. Corpus Christi Moody would be a close 2nd but they are a 4A team that just dropped from 5A. Thanks to all you Bulldog fans that have given Bridge City and the rest of 21-AAA props for "battle testing" the Bulldogs!! Enjoy a well deserved championship and remember that 21-AAA will be waiting for you next February!!:D It was great getting to spend the Jasper games in Round Rock with J-Dog and meeting other Down Low pals!!:cool:

j_dog
06-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by BigTex
...Enjoy a well deserved championship and remember that 21-AAA will be waiting for you next February!!:D It was great getting to spend the Jasper games in Round Rock with J-Dog and meeting other Down Low pals!!:cool:

Same here, and bring her on! :D With both state winning pitchers and our two lead off hitters coming back, the Dogs will be ready for some BASEBALL. ;) :)

And aren't your tired after 15 games? I was tired after two games! ;)