PDA

View Full Version : Liberty VS. Orangefield thoughts and stats

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 03:13 PM
I thought it would be interesting this afternoon to present some rather unique stats and questions

Number of waived penalities
4- Liberty 2, Orangefield 2

Number of total yards by A. Sauceda
62-His lowest total for the whole year

Number of $ made off of Orangefield tickets
$1900.00-Good Job in traveling O.Field

Number of rushing attempts
Liberty-40 for 189 yards
Orangefield- 33 for 60 yards

Quotes of the Game
"We were so nervous," Moss said. "It was unbelievable what they were doing. But we kept our faith in our defense because they played great all year."

"This was one heck of defensive struggle," Jeff Stewart, Liberty coach said. "The kids played good, hard defense."

Who was the better kicker?
Karim Cruz or Micheal Mazzola

Sacks of the Game
Mr. Jimmy Capps
Mr. Willie Brooks

Number of passing attempts
Liberty- 1 for 5 = 61 Yards
Orangefield 13 for 26 = 174 yards

Heck of a ball game, on paper no one would think that a 5-5 team could beat a 8-2 team, Sauceda doesn't have the RB frame...but he showed early he is a contender....good job in exploiting liberty's weakness...but kudos to the Bobkats for playing a clean hard game..Good luck next year...

bubbabrown07
11-17-2002, 04:26 PM
Man, what a game.....
Talk about nervous! A nail-biter till the bitter end is what it was. I'm glad that we were able to stop Sauceda up and get him moving laterally, because the few times he did get in the open field, he was an orange and white blur! That game was what the Playoffs are all about, and it just goes to show you that a defensive struggle can be just as exciting as a quick-moving air battle. Something I noticed about the game, there were moments that were strangely reminiscent of Liberty - CS and Liberty - BH (fumble run back for a touchdown, the score knotted up at 7 - 7 at the half, first-down passes on 4th and LOOOONG) and I believe that we showed that we've slain that dragon and are able to overcome the costly mistakes. Oh, and John, I don't think ANYONE on the team calls William Brooks "Willie", you should let the LDTV crew know.... wink

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 04:29 PM
Tight...dude...come on though...willie sounds tight....i will tell them though...it was a tight game though....

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 04:50 PM
i say tight too much

LP-DB
11-17-2002, 05:42 PM
William doens't like being called willie..but you do what you want..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 06:02 PM
LP-DB:
William doens't like being called willie..but you do what you want..

# 80Just like blaine doesn't like being called blainey.....just kidding...go get em blaine...excellent job turning that offensive play into a great defensive block fri nightq

LP-DB
11-17-2002, 06:08 PM
thank you i appreciate it...like i had told shane before..throw it up if you have nuthin else to do..if i can't catch it and i am close enuff to it..i will make sure he don't catch it either..i will switch from offense to defense and make him miss it too..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-17-2002, 09:49 PM
good job blaine........work hard in practice..heard the time is offical at 7.30 on fri..be productive thursday when you go practice there.....

LP-DB
11-18-2002, 01:51 PM
Hey EX player..do know the playing surface of the field..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-18-2002, 02:58 PM
LP-DB:
Hey EX player..do know the playing surface of the field..

# 80from what i was told by my friend at church who takes care of big stadiums like that...it's all turf..the old kind though....the kind that you feel the next morning....whether you win or lose

LP-DB
11-18-2002, 03:43 PM
see i have heard a good grass stadium and then i have heard turf too..so i don't know for sure..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-19-2002, 12:01 AM
either way....practice hard and push it too the next level....remember..you don't want any regrets going out.........i'll see ya at the bonfire on thurs

LP-DB
11-19-2002, 07:59 PM
oh yeah i go out and practice hard every day no matter what..
see you there

# 80