PDA

View Full Version : Decatur 50 Sanger 7

Chief Woodman
10-11-2003, 12:06 AM
Details in the AM. But the Eagles looked like they have been holding back in previous games.

slpybear the bullfan
10-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Wow! As always, next week's game should be interesting...

The Battle of Big Sandy... this is what it is all about.

(well, that and cars, chicks, guns, firetrucks, hookers...) wink

olddawggreen
10-11-2003, 12:12 AM
All right Cheif, I was just trying to get the score on this one. Great night for the Eagles! Ive been working on a project in Wise County for the last month and using their tract in the afternoons and I have to say you have a great looking bunch of boys there. Looks like their working really hard and should go far this year. Congratulations guys.

Stangster
10-11-2003, 12:16 AM
Congratulations, Decatur Eagles. Maybe we'll see y'all again in the playoffs. Good luck with the rest of your season.

Chief Woodman
10-11-2003, 03:18 PM
Nothing against Sanger...they played really hard and never quit. Score at the half was 16-7 Decatur. Decatur had three turnovers in the second quarter that lead to Sangers score and no points for Decatur. The recent personnel changes on the Defense has really made the Eagles difficult to defeat. Since the change they have given up 7 points last night and only 13 points to a 4A playoff team in Spingtown. Our Offense is averaging 38 points a game and over 400 yards of Offense. Two of the TD's last night came from a 53 yard run by the #2 RB and a 54 yard run by the #3 RB in the 4th quarter after the starting recievers and RB were benched. Defense gave up only 139 yards of offense. The biggest change IMHO was the attitude...you could teel the guys knew this one counted. I do look for the boys to be difficult to beat for the rest of the year. Whoever accomplishes that feat will have earned the victory.
QB Dane has who threw for 100 more yards than McGee did last year, and in 3 fewer games, is within 100 yars of McGee this year. Dane is only a Junior. Moved a JV running back up to varsity for district to relieve McKinney from time to time. He had 3 carries for 93 yards. What great Depth Decatur has and they will be a very good team for at least the next 3 years.

<small>[ October 11, 2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

GreatBigBurnetFan
10-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Hi Chief,
Stephen had 5 more Td's and still NO int's. How's Dane doin' there?
I hope he continues to be free of injuries.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Chief Woodman
10-11-2003, 09:17 PM
They fudged to stop the pass....so we ran well over 200 yards. 1 more pass TD and 1 more int.