PDA

View Full Version : Arizona National Champions!

kepdawg
06-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I just got home and didn't see it posted.

Arizona beat Tennessee 5-0 to win the Women's College World Series!

Congrats to Arizona on winning back to back championships and your 8th overall!

CHS_CG
06-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I just got home and didn't see it posted.

Arizona beat Tennessee 5-0 to win the Women's College World Series!

Congrats to Arizona on winning back to back championships and your 8th overall!

I thought they needed to play one more game today to decided that... or maybe i was watching monday night... I was hoping Tennessee would pull out the victory. They are a very hard working group of girls.

Gobbler Fan
06-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Arizona deserved the win they were a better overall team than the Volunteer's . I was pulling for Tennessee to pull it out but when you strand as many runners in scoring position as they did over the last 2 games at this level of competition you are going to get beat and thats exactly what happened Arizona executed and they did not .Once again the best pitcher in college fastpitch did not win Osterman for the Longhorns and Abbot for the Volunteers . How about the new record set by the Arizona pitcher ... over 1000 pitches thrown over the CWS 7 day's and pitched every pitch for her team in the playoff's . :eek:

Phil C
06-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Arizona deserved the win they were a better overall team than the Volunteer's . I was pulling for Tennessee to pull it out but when you strand as many runners in scoring position as they did over the last 2 games at this level of competition you are going to get beat and thats exactly what happened Arizona executed and they did not .Once again the best pitcher in college fastpitch did not win Osterman for the Longhorns and Abbot for the Volunteers . How about the new record set by the Arizona pitcher ... over 1000 pitches thrown over the CWS 7 day's and pitched every pitch for her team in the playoff's . :eek:

I agree Gobbler. You have to have a good pitcher to win but you got to have batters that can get on base and get in runs. Tennessee had their chances several times last night and didn't get the job done. That is why two of the greatest college softball pitchers Abbott and CAT did not ever win an NCAA championship. Both could probably have gone to UCLA or Arizona and won at least two NCs.

The thing I noticed when they introduced the starters (Abbott wasn't included) is that both teams have several players from California. In fact Tennessee had several but not one from Tennessee. Arizona also had several from California but they did have a few from Arizona.