PDA

View Full Version : Oldawgreen?

Gsquared
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I take it you have seen the youngest Shipley play. Can you tell me more about him?

Chris Hart
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
I've seen him play G2, he is a little on the thin side presently, but is getting his height. I would say presently he is only an inch or two shorter than Jordan. The kid is very talented for sure and has great speed, and AWESOME HANDS already. As far as the run after catch skills, I don't know that he will ever be as good at that as Jordan but I could be wrong, he's still young yet, only going to be a freshmen this fall. I didn't get to start watching Jordan play until his soph season, so it's possible he will be comparable to what Jordan was as a soph by the 08 season. One thing for sure is he will be a pleasure to watch with the right QB throwing to him, if the QB can get it anywhere near him he WILL catch it. He has the same knack(sp?) for making the spectacular grabs just like Jordan. I sure was looking forward to watching him play for Burnet too, I'm sure I will go take in a Coppell game or two in the next few years to watch him perform....:)

Gsquared
06-08-2007, 06:48 AM
Thanks Mr Hart, heard from a few people that this kid could be special! Coppell is right down the road so I might go make a couple of games. Sounds like he could fight his way on to the JV team as a frosh.

olddawggreen
06-11-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Thanks Mr Hart, heard from a few people that this kid could be special! Coppell is right down the road so I might go make a couple of games. Sounds like he could fight his way on to the JV team as a frosh.

I think Jaxon is running a 4.8 40 right now. He definatly has his brothers hands. While I think it would be hard for him to make the varsity squad at a 5a school like he probably would have in Burnet, I would expect him to make his way onto the JV squad at Coppell.
Jaxon is a good kid and very focused. With a good QB throwing to him I expect to see him continue to develop his skills and to become a very important player in the metroplex over the next several years. While I expect Jaxon will be every bit as talented as his brother, (Just my opinion) I think he will encounter a lot stiffer competition at the 5a level (especially in the Metroplex area) than he would have in Burnet. I don't know if we can expect any records to be broken at this level, but I think Jaxon will definatly make a name for himself.

Gsquared
06-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
I think Jaxon is running a 4.8 40 right now. He definatly has his brothers hands. While I think it would be hard for him to make the varsity squad at a 5a school like he probably would have in Burnet, I would expect him to make his way onto the JV squad at Coppell.
Jaxon is a good kid and very focused. With a good QB throwing to him I expect to see him continue to develop his skills and to become a very important player in the metroplex over the next several years. While I expect Jaxon will be every bit as talented as his brother, (Just my opinion) I think he will encounter a lot stiffer competition at the 5a level (especially in the Metroplex area) than he would have in Burnet. I don't know if we can expect any records to be broken at this level, but I think Jaxon will definatly make a name for himself.
Well, like they say, the cream rises to the top so we shall see. I sure wish the best for him, his dad and the rest of the family.