PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Burnet

Pages : [1] 2

spiveyrat
11-30-2002, 04:40 PM
Let's get it started! Where's this one gonna be?

Bulldog92
11-30-2002, 04:44 PM
Since I have no idea where Burnet is on the map, it's hard to say, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the Dome again on Saturday...

spiveyrat
11-30-2002, 04:48 PM
It's in central Texas. I'm thinking College Station might be a possibility.

As for predictions... wow, this is going to be a real nail-biter I'm afraid. But, I'm still going to give Jasper a pretty good margin because of that outstanding defense!
Jasper 20
Burnet 7

<small>[ November 30, 2002, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

BurnetBulldog
11-30-2002, 04:51 PM
It's 168 miles from Jasper to College Station and 134 from Burnet...I would say College Station would be the place.

Bulldog92
11-30-2002, 04:54 PM
That'll work. I don't remember the last time we played there at Kyle Field, if we ever have...

BurnetBulldog
11-30-2002, 04:55 PM
This will be a close game coming down to the final TD.

Burnet 21
Jasper 14

Tiny
11-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Jasper 35-13

<small>[ November 30, 2002, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Tiny ]</small>

Tiny
11-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Jasper 31-Burnet13

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 07:12 PM
Tiny, The reasoning for going for 2 late in the game, is because they wanted to make it a 14 point ballgame instead of 13(DUH). There was still 40+ seconds on the clock and stranger things have happened. Any other SMART coach would have done the same thing. If you have something against Burnet, that is fine( who cares). Being since your son plays for Liberty Hill, you seem to still be upset about the DRUBBING Burnet gave yall. Get over it! A true fan would be rooting on the rest of 25-3A representatives, instead of ragging on them. I am not one to lose my temper on this site or any other, but you need to grow up, you BIG BABY. If you have been waiting for the day to come for Burnet to lose, you must have been miserable for a while now. Go Bulldogs!

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Well I see you edited out the part about the 2 point play, and the Burnet humbling coming this week against Jasper. Everyone else might not know what I am talking about Tiny, but you do.

HotDawg89
11-30-2002, 07:48 PM
I know what you meant Chris. Tiny- I had no idea you had a Liberty HIll player. You know- a lot of Burnet fans went to support Liberty HIll and were sorry to see them fall out of the playoffs. They are an outstanding team. It would have been nice to have 2 state champs from the same district...now it is up to Burnet to bring it home -alone- you should be happy for us- we would be for you. Get over it, and cheer us on.

Burnet 21
Jasper 7

espn1
11-30-2002, 08:14 PM
HotDawg89:
I know what you meant Chris. Tiny- I had no idea you had a Liberty HIll player. You know- a lot of Burnet fans went to support Liberty HIll and were sorry to see them fall out of the playoffs. They are an outstanding team. It would have been nice to have 2 state champs from the same district...now it is up to Burnet to bring it home -alone- you should be happy for us- we would be for you. Get over it, and cheer us on.

Burnet 21
Jasper 7What are you talking about? Bandera won!

<small>[ November 30, 2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Tiny
11-30-2002, 08:21 PM
Chris Hart:
Well I see you edited out the part about the 2 point play, and the Burnet humbling coming this week against Jasper. Everyone else might not know what I am talking about Tiny, but you do.I know what your talking about, I said Burnet is going to get what they deserve this week. They were going to be humbled. I think Burnets chances of beating Jasper are Slim and None at best. As far as the DRUBBING goes Im not at all upset, you see Im not dillusional like a lot of other fans. Why would you think I have been waiting on Burnet to Lose? Im not as Impressed with Burnet as all you guys, but I assure you I havent waited on them to loose! I have said all along they would continue to win, until they played Everman or Jasper. I assure you I have not been miserable. You know it's funny that you say that about me, Since I feel sure you and so many others are about to find out what feeling miserable is all about. All I did was make a prediction, Sounds like you need to deal with the fact that not everyone feels the same about Burnet as you do. To use your own words stranger things have happend. Good Luck Burnet!!!

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-30-2002, 08:22 PM
GUYS NOT GET PI$$ED BUT FACTS ARE FACTS YES GOOD FOR OUR DISTRICT,BUT JASPER IS A DIFFERENT GAME.L.H. WAS/IS A BETTER TEAM THAN YOAKUM,AND WE ARE AT HOME, BECAUSE,YES THE F--C-ING REFS!

Tiny
11-30-2002, 08:32 PM
Sorry Purple T, I was just giving my prediction, I will not say any thing else about Burnet.

theyoefnshow
11-30-2002, 08:36 PM
you guys are so lucky that Cameron went D2, otherwise it'd be Cameron vs. Marlin next week. Yes, we would have taken you out LH, as would have Marlin. Ah yes, the Jasper game was a thrashing but, if you can blame the refs, I can say that LH would have been taken out either way.

spiveyrat
11-30-2002, 08:39 PM
21 points against this Jasper D? I don't think so. :D

Tiny
11-30-2002, 08:41 PM
espn1:

HotDawg89:
What are you talking about? Bandera won!
Burnet 21
Jasper 7I just gave my opinion thats all. I will cheer you on, Hell I told my wife that Burnet would beat us 45-14 I missed it but I was close. I didnt say that to my boys but it was my opinion.
Now everyone needs to get over it and take it for what it was a prediction.
Good Luck Burnet

54BLACK
11-30-2002, 08:46 PM
Hey Hart - You know I'm still a little upset about the LH/Burnet game b/c I wanted my team to win, but I'm not hoping that Burnet will do badly through playoffs. Where do you get off thinking that just because someone does not think Burnet is the most incredible team on the face of the earth that they must be still bitter about a game nearly a month ago. Get over yourself!

29x281
11-30-2002, 08:51 PM
Would you guys get it through your thick heads already:

Jasper is the greatest 3A football team of all time. Way too big and fast for the scrappy kuntry boys from Burnet. They even have D-I recruits playing for them [(everybody gasp here)].

Even now Burnet Superintendent Jeff Hanks is negotiating with UIL aficianados to get the game cancelled on grounds that the matchup is unfair. However, Old Card tried the same thing last week and his request was denied. We can only hope the UIL will see it differently this time.

Jasper probably is the best HS team in the state on any level. Even 5A.

bearkatdad
11-30-2002, 08:57 PM
Supposedly, the game will be either in the Dome or at Kyle Field...I predict Kyle Field....

spiveyrat
11-30-2002, 09:06 PM
Burnet fans: Do ya'll have a radio station that webcasts your games? Apparently, Jasper radio stations are too far in the past to have stumbled across this "new" technology. I've been spoiled (or lucky) the past couple of weeks for us to play teams with radio stations that broadcast AND webcast their games. So, how about it? Can anyone be of any help?

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 09:10 PM
54Black, My statement was to Tiny and Tiny only. I responded, because he has been taking shots at Burnet for over a month now. The post that I responded to, that he has since edited said. That Burnet will get what they deserve and be humbled this week b/c they can't compete with Everman/Jasper. That part was fine. The part that irritated me was him saying that when Burnet went for 2 points after their last TD today was classless. 49 seconds feels like an eternity, when you are trying to hold on against the #1 ranked team in the state. It was the correct call. What if Sinton had returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD, and successfully converted an onside attempt, and still had around 30 ticks on the clock, then scored on a desperation pass and the PAT won the game for Sinton. It wouldn't have been a 'classless' call then, it would have been a stupid call. If the game had been completely lopsided, it would have been a classless call but it wasn't. 2 TDs have been scored in the final 49 seconds in high school football( and at every other level for that matter) all too many times. That's why I reacted the way I did. I was referring to his post/person only. BTW, I could care less if anyone else in the state thinks Burnet is as good as I do or not. We have an AWESOME following all by ourselves.

bearkatdad
spiveyrat...were you able to catch a webcast of the game? How did the BC announcers do? I didn't see mechanic at the game..but I'll bet he was there...both teams had big crowds there..

JASPER- GYM
You know in 4a Calallen tried 9 straight years to beat the region 3 rep. They LOST 9 straight years why would 3a be any different?

snowsnake
11-30-2002, 09:34 PM
bearkatdad:
Supposedly, the game will be either in the Dome or at Kyle Field...I predict Kyle Field....Hey Bearkatdad: I talked to Jasper's coaches last evening and they indicated that Kyle field was unavailable. As of 7:00 tonight a sight had not been finalized. GO DAWGS!!!

2KDawg
11-30-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey Chris Hart, Thank you!! For a while there, i thought i was the only one getting tired of tinys BS. Im tired of him always having something to say about how burnet is not this and burnet will not do that... blah blah blah!!! He needs to get over himself and over the fact that his team could not compete with us! Anyways, our guys played a great game! Our D just gets better and better everyweek! I know we will be ready to play come next weekend! And if Jasper thinks its gunna be a blowout.. well then so be it! They dont know the type of heart and desire our guys play with each and every week! Cant wait! GO DAWGS!!!! STATEBOUND IN 2002!!!

Birdman
11-30-2002, 10:04 PM
Congratulations to the Jasper Bulldogs! After seeing the Bulldogs up close and personal today, I cannot imagine a team matching up with Jasper's size and speed. I hope ya'll play Burnet on this end of Texas because me and my Cardinal pals will be there to support the Bulldogs. I'm not sure if the Dome is available as I found this on their website:

Dragon Tales Live : Journey To Crystal Cave

Reliant Astrodome
1 Reliant Center Dr

Houston, TX 77054-1504
Date & Time: 7:00 pm Thursday, Dec. 5, 10:00 am, 7:00 pm Friday, Dec. 6, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm Saturday, Dec. 7

I myself would rather see Bulldogs than Dragons! Good Luck!!

j_dog
11-30-2002, 10:35 PM
bearkatdad:
Supposedly, the game will be either in the Dome or at Kyle Field...I predict Kyle Field....I heard the Dome will not be available for any high school games because of the Big 12 playoff game. Even though that game will be in Reliant Stadium, they will need the parking. That may not be true but that is what I heard. Kyle sounds good to me.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 12:51 AM
Birdman:
Congratulations to the Jasper Bulldogs! After seeing the Bulldogs up close and personal today, I cannot imagine a team matching up with Jasper's size and speed. I hope ya'll play Burnet on this end of Texas because me and my Cardinal pals will be there to support the Bulldogs. I'm not sure if the Dome is available as I found this on their website:

Dragon Tales Live : Journey To Crystal Cave

Reliant Astrodome
1 Reliant Center Dr

Houston, TX 77054-1504
Date & Time: 7:00 pm Thursday, Dec. 5, 10:00 am, 7:00 pm Friday, Dec. 6, 10:00 am, 2:00 pm Saturday, Dec. 7

I myself would rather see Bulldogs than Dragons! Good Luck!!And I can't imagine any nicer fans. I was so impressed with you guys.

<small>[ November 30, 2002, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Bulldog Fan ]</small>

Goob
12-01-2002, 01:06 AM
I don't do much posting on this board or the allsports board but I do read alot of postings and this one takes the cake.

"Would you guys get it through your thick heads already:

Jasper is the greatest 3A football team of all time. Way too big and fast for the scrappy kuntry boys from Burnet. They even have D-I recruits playing for them [(everybody gasp here)].

Even now Burnet Superintendent Jeff Hanks is negotiating with UIL aficianados to get the game cancelled on grounds that the matchup is unfair. However, Old Card tried the same thing last week and his request was denied. We can only hope the UIL will see it differently this time.

Jasper probably is the best HS team in the state on any level. Even 5A."

I really don't know if this dude is joking or what but that is a really outrageous post. Yes, I do think that Jasper will beat Burnet but I also think that it will be alot closer than most people think. By the way how in the hell do you get the icons into the message?????

After reading the post a second time I've decided that he really has to be joking so I guess there is no offence taken.

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: Goob ]</small>

Tiny
12-01-2002, 01:19 AM
Chris Hart:
54Black, My statement was to Tiny and Tiny only. I responded, because he has been taking shots at Burnet for over a month now. The post that I responded to, that he has since edited said. That Burnet will get what they deserve and be humbled this week b/c they can't compete with Everman/Jasper. That part was fine. The part that irritated me was him saying that when Burnet went for 2 points after their last TD today was classless. 49 seconds feels like an eternity, when you are trying to hold on against the #1 ranked team in the state. It was the correct call. What if Sinton had returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD, and successfully converted an onside attempt, and still had around 30 ticks on the clock, then scored on a desperation pass and the PAT won the game for Sinton. It wouldn't have been a 'classless' call then, it would have been a stupid call. If the game had been completely lopsided, it would have been a classless call but it wasn't. 2 TDs have been scored in the final 49 seconds in high school football( and at every other level for that matter) all too many times. That's why I reacted the way I did. I was referring to his post/person only. BTW, I could care less if anyone else in the state thinks Burnet is as good as I do or not. We have an AWESOME following all by ourselves.Chris what I was saying is, All Burnet had to do was take a knee and run the clock out, But it does not matter now. I didn't realize I was taking shots. I have not ever posted any thing except responses. But it is over now. good luck!

mechanic
12-01-2002, 01:47 AM
First to spiveyrat and bearkatdad yes I was there and boy did I have a good time , got to meet some more board people from Jasper. Second to BC I was surprised your team put up a better fight than the score reflected. 3rd but not last Burnet, you are the next one in the crosshairs, a blockage in the road in front of THE BIG RED MACHINE on the way to the state title. Our team and town is focused on the task at hand and are taking it one game at a time. As they say BE READY BECAUSE WE WILL BE. In closing Jasper by 20 wherever the game is played. wink

M Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 01:52 AM
29X281.... Jasper is a damn good football team... probally the best in 3a...im not doubting them at all... but lets not get carried away... with them being the best high school football team.... 5a teams have too much amount of talent due to there size of student body to get beat by a 3a team... sorry!....But i do believe ... that jasper is the best team in 3a...im from marlin and we have a good football team traditionally...and ill give yall all the credit.. cause yall deserve it ...
anyways.. good luck ...for the remainder of the playoffs.... yall have a great team!

Reveille
12-01-2002, 08:50 AM
I was in Austin the first part of November on a buisness trip. I heard a radio interview with a couple of Burnet players. I thought what they said was funny and will pass it along. The interviewer said Bur net. The kids together said, "It is not Bur net, it's Burnit, durnit!". The boss and I got a big kick out of it. As a matter of fact, I called to let him know who Jasper was going to play and Yes, I said, "it's Burnit, durnit!". :D

My prediction will be that the Bulldogs win. I don't know which one's, but the Bulldogs will win. LOL

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Reveille ]</small>

Bulldog92
12-01-2002, 08:58 AM
I was wondering what happened to you. Our Dogs are looking as strong as maybe they ever have on defense and they seem to come through on offense when they really have to. I doubt that our shutout streak will remain intact after this week, but Jasper should pull this one out in a tight game. Jasper 23, Burnet 17.

classof 85
12-01-2002, 09:09 AM
Jasper 35 -- Burnet 6 If Burnet has a good Kicker. If they don't 35-- 00
Jaspers Kicker came a long way in 2 weeks and did a good job. Congrats to him!

easttexan1
12-01-2002, 09:48 AM
Would be nice to play in College Station. I think Jasper played there in 1970 or 1971. I can remember it was while I was at A&M, but can't remember any details whatsoever. I only missed the Bridge City score by 1 and since it is such a wonderful number, I think I will use it again. Jasper by 27.

snowsnake
12-01-2002, 10:10 AM
MY BAD!!! Just got word from Jasper school officials and coaches that the game will definitely be at Kyle field on Saturday at 2:00 pm. Something must have worked out to where we could get it. Anyway thats the scoop!
GO DAWGS!!!

bearkatdad
12-01-2002, 10:45 AM
Please take time to view the topic "Donation Information". The people who are running the 3A Down Low site, are asking for a donation. Give what you can afford. This is too good of a site to lose.

bearkatdad
12-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Reveille:
I was in Austin the first part of November on a buisness trip. I heard a radio interview with a couple of Burnet players. I thought what they said was funny and will pass it along. The interviewer said Bur net. The kids together said, "It is not Bur net, it's Burnit, durnit!". The boss and I got a big kick out of it. As a matter of fact, I called to let him know who Jasper was going to play and Yes, I said, "it's Burnit, durnit!". :D
Reveille...we have friends from Burnet, and they told us the same thing about how to pronounce Burnet...and my prediction is Jasper 24...'Burnit' 7...now that Jasper has a kicker, I am giving us a field goal..
My prediction will be that the Bulldogs win. I don't know which one's, but the Bulldogs will win. LOL

spiveyrat
12-01-2002, 11:05 AM
Yeah, the KOGT announcers who broadcast and webcast yesterday's game were also pronouncing it Bur - net instead of "Burnit".

spiveyrat
12-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Ok Burnet fans, I still haven't heard from you about whether Burnet has a radio station that webcasts your games. How about a little help here?

espn1
12-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Burnet doesn't have web casting. I think they're working on. Maybe next year.

HotDawg89
12-01-2002, 11:27 AM
What are you talking about? Bandera won!
ESPN 1 you are right! I stand corrected. My apologies to Bandera! I hope they bring it home as well! That would be awesome! Thanks for pointing it out.

luvhoops34
12-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey folks,

I went to the Burnet/Sinton game Saturday. Burnet played good tough football. We were there rooting for Sinton becuase they are from South Texas. I don't blame the Burnet Coaches for going for two points on that last touchdown. It was a very close game and could have gone either way. Good luck to Burnet, because I think yall are going to need it against Jasper. :D

Reveille
12-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Bulldog92:
I was wondering what happened to you. Our Dogs are looking as strong as maybe they ever have on defense and they seem to come through on offense when they really have to. I doubt that our shutout streak will remain intact after this week, but Jasper should pull this one out in a tight game. Jasper 23, Burnet 17.I have been around Kenny. I elected to keep my mouth shut last week during the BC ordeal. Heaven forbid we have another Jasper poster tagged as being arrogant. wink :D

Now for the game at hand. Burnet has a balanced offense. The defense will once again have to step it up another notch. Will Byerly sure did against BC. Jasper's O will have to also. Burnet's defense is no slouch. I think your prediction will be close.

I have thought all year that (.....Will I be tagged as an arrogant, pompous, or ostentatious Jasper poster?....Who cares, this is my honest opinion and were are now here) Jasper's playoffs would begin at the semis. If Jasper doesn't come with their "A" game, they can forget about a birth in the state finals. The Jasper team has worked hard all year to get to this point, which is a great accomplishment in itself, don't let it go to waste.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 01:27 PM
I believe the question to Jasper's success from here on out will be with the offense. Can they get it done? The defense will do their job for sure and I believe that the offense will also. It seems to me as though they showcase only what they must for the win. I think they can play much better than we have seen yet.

Bulldog_fan_9
12-01-2002, 02:11 PM
For all you people who said Burnet has to prove themselves, WE BEAT SINTON!!!!!!. Good lord how dumb can you be. I mean come on they were'nt 1st in state for nothing. And if Jasper is as good as all you pompus fans say they are then why aren't they #1 instead of Burnet. Just food for thought.

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Bulldog_fan_9:
For all you people who said Burnet has to prove themselves, WE BEAT SINTON!!!!!!. Good lord how dumb can you be. I mean come on they were'nt 1st in state for nothing. And if Jasper is as good as all you pompus fans say they are then why aren't they #1 instead of Burnet. Just food for thought.You said it yourself, Sinton was #1 and that will be your story after Saturday. WAS #1.

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Bulldog Fan ]</small>

bulldawg89
12-01-2002, 02:30 PM
29x281, you seem to have a fetish with Jasper. They are only a team... not a beautiful blond. But anyway, good luck hanging with us next week, it will be a great game.

54BLACK
12-01-2002, 02:55 PM
To Hart - Sorry I just read your reply, I was under the impression that you assumed all people from LH were still bitter about the game from the comments that you made to Tiny. I'm glad I got that straightened out. Why does he have to be pissed off about the game just to have a low opinion of Burnet, though?
To 2KDawg - I don't know what your problem is with LH, but next year you will eat your words.

29x281
12-01-2002, 02:57 PM
bulldog89, there might just be a tad bit of sarcasm in a few of my posts.

Chris Hart
12-01-2002, 03:36 PM
Reveille, Please check your PMs. :)

JasperDog94
12-01-2002, 04:47 PM
Thank God we are not playing in the dome again. Terrible parking, horrible seating, rude staff...other than that, it was great.

BUT, this does put us Texas Longhorns in somewhat of a pickle.

Do we wear Jasper crimson or Longhorn orange?

I think I'll do a combo of the two.

fred grunden
12-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Bulldog_fan_9:
For all you people who said Burnet has to prove themselves, WE BEAT SINTON!!!!!!. Good lord how dumb can you be. I mean come on they were'nt 1st in state for nothing. And if Jasper is as good as all you pompus fans say they are then why aren't they #1 instead of Burnet. Just food for thought.Go to collier-sharp.com. Jasper is #1 in that poll and has been for awhile. Depends on what poll you want to believe.

Old Dog
12-01-2002, 05:03 PM
29X281....hear the latest, The Big XII is kicking Baylor out and inviting Jasper in!!! Seriously, of course Jasper is good, they should be #1 in all the polls, but they are gona remember Burnet when it's over. If Cameron can score 20+ on them, so can Burnet.

j dawg
12-01-2002, 05:14 PM
To old puppy,

The real DOG's are from J-TOWN.
Yoe scored 20 on who, you better
take the 2 off and make it zero when
they played JASPER.

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 05:28 PM
JASPER- GYM:
You know in 4a Calallen tried 9 straight years to beat the region 3 rep. They LOST 9 straight years why would 3a be any different?I know... That's what I'm saying. Just look at Sinton last year, PATHETIC!!!... ohh, sorry... bad example. Well, how about LaGrange both last year and back in 2000? OK, that's another bad example. Well, we can go back to Mathis in '99, can't we? What about Cuero in '98? My gosh, Region IV is so sorry.

P.S. And it wasn't nine straight times. I want to say it was like six, but I have it all written down. My HS girlfriend was from Calallen. I'll get back to you in a couple of minutes.

RBARKER
12-01-2002, 05:36 PM
I really don't know who will win this one but if Burnet could shut down the high powered Sinton offense then they should do the same with Jasper. This game could be decided by a field goal and since I understand that Jasper does not have a kicker then I will say Burnet 17 Jasper 14.

j_dog
12-01-2002, 05:39 PM
Old Dog:
29X281.......If Cameron can score 20+ on them, so can Burnet.I don't know that Yoe even had 20 net yards against Jasper, much less 20 points. What are you talking about? Jasper hasn't even been scored on in the playoffs, not yet.

29x281
12-01-2002, 05:46 PM
How many different posters are named "J Dog" by various spellings?

As for scoring in the game with Jasper, Burnet has a better chance of scoring with Mother Theresa.

Jasper 112
Burnet 0

(but I may feel differently later in the week)

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 05:52 PM
C'mon JASPER-GYM. I know most of your boys/ coaches/ teammates (whatever they are to you) aren't overlooking Burnet. Everyone, sorry for bringing up 4A on this post, but I can't stand ignorant posts like that one. Here's every Calallen finish since 1990. I don't know anything before that, but it was five straight trips to the semis and one more in 2000. These are all the teams they lost to in the playoffs along with the scores of those games and what round they made it to. I was at all but one of those Semifinal games-the '93 game. Don't try to talk crap if you don't know what you're talking about.

01 Rd. 2 Alamo Heights 14-10
00 SEMIS WEST ORANGE STARK 27-21
99 Rd. 2 Schertz-Clemens 21-13
98 Rd. 2 Schertz-Clemens 28-17
97 SEMIS LA MARQUE 13-3
96 SEMIS LA MARQUE 24-21 (OT)
95 SEMIS LA MARQUE 32-21
94 SEMIS LA MARQUE 36-14
93 SEMIS LA MARQUE 33-31
92 Rd. 3 Austin Westlake 14-6
91 Quarters Austin Westlake 25-20
90 Quarters Austin Westlake 29-26

Seems to me that even though they lost those semifinal games, the Wildcats at least held their own against the Region III team. Every year from 95-97, La Marque won state titles. In every single one of those years, Calallen gave them a better game than their opponents in the state finals. In 2000, Calallen had a 21-20 lead with less than a minute to play in the Astrodome before Stark won the game. Yes they lost. But it sounds like you're trying to say that Burnet's gonna get blown out just because they're from Region IV. I can promise you Burnet will come to play and they'll do everything in their power to make a game of it, ain't that right 29X281? Many Jasper posters have been fairly courteous, but this one post just really set me off. Again, good luck to both teams.

Jason1725
12-01-2002, 05:59 PM
This is sure to put me under the pompous fan catagory but who really cares. Anyway this is for the Jasper fans so I could care less one way or the other. I have been thinking about this ever since the playoffs started and I have a perfect example as to what this Jasper team is really like to the FANS of the other schools. On September 8th, 1900 Galveston suffered a terrible tragedy and this is no means disrespectful of anyone who's family was affected by that terrible day in Texas history. But that is exactly what Jasper is to these other fans, we are like that hurricane. All the signs show just how powerful this team can be but the people just wont listen. They see the teams fall in shutouts just like the people of Galveston saw the waves rise but they both said it won't happen to us we can't lose or no hurricane can destroy Galveston. But it sure is funny how hindsight is always 20/20. I mean fellow Jasper fans don't you find it a little funny that so far after every game the fans come back and say, WOW! you guys are good" only to have a new bunch who have no clue. So for those fans and to the people in Galveston that day they both know we are out here they just don't know how bad we are. So to Burnet be ready because the big red storm is coming. now flame away.

Bulldog92
12-01-2002, 06:14 PM
That's an interesting analogy, Jason.

29x281
12-01-2002, 06:44 PM
Yeah, well...

Burnet is like a Tornado, you know not like the real ones but more like the anthropomorphic ones that grace the sides of the Iowa St. Cyclones' helmets. With arms and legs and all, and then the tail of the tornado hangs down between our legs and the head is real big, cause that's the top of the tornado.

And when the game starts on Saturday, all your gonna see is wind and lightning and cows flying by and then, just when you think it's passed, boom, there goes Shipley for a TD. That would be akin to the hail storm after the tornado passes, you know like when the sky is all green and you know it looks like somethin bad.

And when it's over, nothin left for "J Dog" but to pick of the toothpick remains of his "J Dog House" and head on back to "J Town".

Seriously, a hurricane...?

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Reading this stuff is ALMOST as fun as watching the games.

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 07:18 PM
Jason1725:
...I mean fellow Jasper fans don't you find it a little funny that so far after every game the fans come back and say, WOW! you guys are good" only to have a new bunch who have no clue. So for those fans and to the people in Galveston that day they both know we are out here they just don't know how bad we are. So to Burnet be ready because the big red storm is coming. now flame away...Jason, I believe you that Jasper is probably the most talented team in 3A, but Burnet is far better than any team you've played to date... and that includes Newton. I've been one of the people who has been saying Jasper's probably the favorite to win it all and that they are probably the class of 3A, but don't go cash in your chips just yet. Nobody you've played this year is in the same league as Burnet. I believe talent-wise Jasper is in a league of their own, but talent is only part of the equation. Burnet isn't the cakewalk that you've had for the past three weeks. No offense to BC or Cameron, but Burnet is in that top tier of teams that categorizes only the five or so squads who you can really call elite. I may be eating crow in a few days, but I think this will be a close game, even if the final score says one team or the other won by two touchdowns. I believe that Burnet is in a completely different league as both Bridge City and Cameron, and just as the Bridge City game was much closer than your match against Yoe, this week's game will be much closer than BC. Burnet will have their hands full, but don't be surprised at all if they pull off an "upset".

spiveyrat
12-01-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reply, espn. Looks like us "out-of-staters" are at the mercy of tsrnsports... and they haven't delivered yet this year! I hope someone will give updates during the game.

Old Cardinal
12-01-2002, 08:06 PM
To Big Daddy Russ: I think you are talking through your Hat again. I think the following teams from 3A could beat Burnet-Barbers Hill, Newton, Bridge City, Elgin and you tied Marlin, they should have won.... Region III had a good covey of football teams. I think that Jasper will leave no doubt that you have just been living on borrowed time. You are way way out of their class.

29x281
12-01-2002, 08:21 PM
Old Cardinal, have you seen Burnet play?

spaniard
12-01-2002, 08:25 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Big Daddy Russ: I think you are talking through your Hat again. I think the following teams from 3A could beat Burnet-Barbers Hill, Newton, Bridge City, Elgin and you tied Marlin, they should have won.... Region III had a good covey of football teams. I think that Jasper will leave no doubt that you have just been living on borrowed time. You are way way out of their class.old card, have you still not seen burnet play yet? i guess not since you still are being a chump about things. i can understand you not liking burnet because of some of our teenage fans, but this is ridiculous. barbers hill? no offense to you guys, but i mean really, and elgin?
i really hope youre at the burnet jasper game bc youre gonna be stinkin surprised by the burnet bulldawgs, bc we are gonna come to play, im sure that jasper will to, so its gonna be a fight, #1 offense vs. #1 defense. good matchup, good game, and until you have a legitimate reason to diss burnet other than a bunch of terdhead kids on the internet for goodness sakes, then i would ask that you would just not say anything about a team that you have no idea about.

BurnetBalla06
12-01-2002, 08:27 PM
you know what jasper fans, yall aint got nothin on us, for one we got: Shiply, Mcgee, Christian, and Miller. and for 2 yall are 11-2 ... and guess what we are????? 13-0

Fish rule .... 06'

Reveille
12-01-2002, 08:32 PM
BurnetBalla06:
you know what jasper fans, yall aint got nothin on us, for one we got: Shiply, Mcgee, Christian, and Miller. and for 2 yall are 11-2 ... and guess what we are????? 13-0

Fish rule .... 06'Go back to your little fish pond and grow up before you are eaten by a big fish.

JASPER- GYM
12-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Hey big BABBY Russ thanks for clearing that up!! The point was that it dose not matter who the region 4 rep. is yall or sinton either one will get beat. Just be sure to bring some BBQ sauce, that should help the crow go down the pipes a little easier.

ps. your HS girl friend was from calallen, thats a long way from burnit!?!

Come Saturday Burnit going to have as hard of a time SCORING as you did!!!! and they only have 48 minutes...

spaniard
12-01-2002, 09:01 PM
JASPER- GYM:
Hey big BABBY Russ thanks for clearing that up!! The point was that it dose not matter who the region 4 rep. is yall or sinton either one will get beat. Just be sure to bring some BBQ sauce, that should help the crow go down the pipes a little easier.

ps. your HS girl friend was from calallen, thats a long way from burnit!?!

Come Saturday Burnit going to have as hard of a time SCORING as you did!!!! and they only have 48 minutes...so i hear all this stuff about jaspers defense, so i guess they are good, but i hear nothing about your offense. is there a reason for that? or is your offense just not that good? not trying to start a stink, and i know you have scored a lot on the teams you have played, but it seems to me that i never heard anything about those teams defenses. just a question, and a statement for discussion. burnets defense has been stepping up these last several games, and i feel strongly that you guys will meet your match at all the positions this saturday.

Bulldog-95
12-01-2002, 09:13 PM
BurnetBalla06:

Fish rule .... 06'Although the books show 11-2, Jasper is actually 12-1. Jasper has Big Red, Adams, McQueen, Cook, Mitchell, and many more talented athletes.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-01-2002, 09:17 PM
There are two things that burnet needs to realize.....
1) that you are another mountian that Jasper must climb.
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 09:31 PM
Jasper Gym... I'm from Ingleside, just outside of Corpus. I've lived here my whole life and I never said I was from Burnet. Same football district as Sinton. Just makes me mad when people say that a team won't win because they're from a specific area of the state. I thought I had made my point mentioning Sinton and everyone else, but whatever. I had some friends on those Calallen teams and I have a great deal of respect for that program.
Old Card... I respect your opinion. Never had a problem with you, but I'm not a kid trying to talk up his program. I've seen a whole lot of football teams, including last year's BC squad. I have no doubt that Marlin is in the same league as Burnet, Sinton, etc, but Burnet is the class of Region IV. Remember those Cuero squads back in the 90's? They weren't all that bad were they? That's the point I'm trying to make. BC, Barber's Hill and Newton have great teams, but I don't think they're as good as Burnet. Sinton beat your squad last year, and it wasn't because you fielded a poor team at all. I have a lot of respect for your squad after making it through a tough Region III and know they were a quality team. But Sinton was simply that good. They were the best out of Region IV, and I think that they were probably a better team than any R-III team out there. I think Burnet is just as good as last year's Sinton team. Burnet beat a very good Sinton team this year. Even though many people may not be impressed with Burnet, they are a very good team. Am I speaking out of my hat when I say that it'll be a close game? Just as much as anyone else on this board. Who on here has seen all these teams play? If we're lucky, maybe one or two.

j_dog
12-01-2002, 09:50 PM
spaniard:

so i hear all this stuff about jaspers defense, so i guess they are good, but i hear nothing about your offense. is there a reason for that? or is your offense just not that good? not trying to start a stink, ....Spaniard, that is a good question. Glad you asked. The Jasper offense is alive and well, just waiting for its 2002 breakout moment. It is basically the same players (except for new receivers) as last year in 4a. Last year, Jasper put up really big numbers on offense against some really good 4a teams. But, Jasper also let those teams score a lot. This year, as maybe you can see, it seems they have just shifted the team emphasis to defense and it surely seems to be working. But, if you are lucky, this will be the game that they return to their old ways of scoring 3, 4 and 5 TD's per quarter. It makes for a good show! Just kidding. The coaches won't allow that. The players might get tired!

j_dog
12-01-2002, 10:06 PM
big daddy russ:
... .Just makes me mad when people say that a team won't win because they're from a specific area of the state. ...Big daddy russ, I agree completely. All these things run in cycles. In 4a, Region 4 did have a very long drought, but it can all change in a moments notice. As you point out, that drought did not extend to the other classes. And last year Smithson valley broke through to the state finals in 4a Div I. I think it was more a fluke for 4a than anything. And as you said Calallen always played their Semi games close. So did New Braunfels when they were making the Semi's before Calallen started their run.

Region III posters, please don't knock Region IV, or I or II for that matter. That is not a valid point, especially over time.

Chris Hart
12-01-2002, 10:33 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Big Daddy Russ: I think you are talking through your Hat again. I think the following teams from 3A could beat Burnet-Barbers Hill, Newton, Bridge City, Elgin and you tied Marlin, they should have won.... Region III had a good covey of football teams. I think that Jasper will leave no doubt that you have just been living on borrowed time. You are way way out of their class.:rolleyes: Old Card, WAKE UP, it's just a REALLY good dream your having. Sorry I had to wake you up, but it's time to come on back into reality. Have a cup, I mean pot of coffee on me. :D

bigfootsmom
12-01-2002, 10:40 PM
As I am reading the posts on here, I am looking at the dates and times...did you guys have laptops at the games ???....or what???

I have said all year that Jasper will be the team to watch for, and here it is.

Jasper, do you have a web site?? I would like to look at this big defensive line you have. If not, thats ok, I'll try to find them Sat, if I can find them behind our big guys..!!!!

I have been to ALL of the Burnet games, and this weeks game was one for the defensive players. Not sure what was up with the offensive, but the ending score told me that they WERE THERE..!!!

I'm glad you guys from Jasper are confident, but if I remember right, so were all of the other teams we played.

Can't wait to go to AGGIELAND......

GO DAWGS....ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM...GO BIG GREEN..!!!

BHSfan03
12-01-2002, 10:44 PM
After reading all 81 posts...JASPER=CLASSLESS

big daddy russ
12-01-2002, 10:49 PM
j_dog, thanks for the comments. Here's to an injury-free game. And to Jasper Gym, please edit those comments about scoring. Not trying to start anything, but the mods are quick to pull the trigger. Don't want to see you get ROM'd.

spaniard
12-01-2002, 10:50 PM
But, if you are lucky, this will be the game that they return to their old ways of scoring 3, 4 and 5 TD's per quarter. It makes for a good show! Just kidding. The coaches won't allow that. The players might get tired![/QB][/QUOTE]

PAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! please tell me youre kidding. i mean really, we arent some dinky team that will just roll over because you guys used to be good in 4a competition. im sure you think youre just the talk of the state because you think youll just swim on through the finals like ian thorpe at the 2000 olympics in sydney. i mean seriously, you guys are in for a shocker, and i really hope that you will take home the humble pie award. im sure that you will, and even if you do win, it definitley wont be by more than 3 points. maybe you will score 3 or 4 tds in a quarter, but we will match that and beat it. anywhoo, hope you guys have a safe trip to aggieland, cuz its gonna be a long ride home.

White&Crimson
12-01-2002, 11:00 PM
JasperDog94:
Thank God we are not playing in the dome again. Terrible parking, horrible seating, rude staff...other than that, it was great.

BUT, this does put us Texas Longhorns in somewhat of a pickle.

Do we wear Jasper crimson or Longhorn orange?

I think I'll do a combo of the two.Ah, come on bro, you know you loved it all! :D It's not that often the whole family gets together with cowbells to cheer on the bulldogs! I won't be making the trip to Aggieland so make sure and put on that burnt orange for me just to make a point!

j_dog
12-01-2002, 11:14 PM
spaniard:
But, if you are lucky, this will be the game that they return to their old ways of scoring 3, 4 and 5 TD's per quarter. It makes for a good show! Just kidding. The coaches won't allow that. The players might get tired!PAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! please tell me youre kidding. i mean really, we arent some dinky team that will just roll over because you guys used to be good in 4a competition. im sure you think youre just the talk of the state because you think youll just swim on through the finals like ian thorpe at the 2000 olympics in sydney. i mean seriously, you guys are in for a shocker, and i really hope that you will take home the humble pie award. im sure that you will, and even if you do win, it definitley wont be by more than 3 points. maybe you will score 3 or 4 tds in a quarter, but we will match that and beat it. anywhoo, hope you guys have a safe trip to aggieland, cuz its gonna be a long ride home.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Of course I was kidding. I said I was kidding. Can't you take a joke!? And YOU were the one who asked the question about the offense. No, 4a and last year has nothing to do with this, if and I AM SAYING IF, Jasper wins it will be because they are big, fast, well coached, and aggressive and a better team than Burnet. If they lose, it will be because Burnet turned out to be the better team. End of Story. See you Saturday. And, good luck to your team.

spaniard
12-01-2002, 11:26 PM
j_dog
Of course I was kidding. I said I was kidding. Can't you take a joke!? And YOU were the one who asked the question about the offense. No, 4a and last year has nothing to do with this, if and I AM SAYING IF, Jasper wins it will be because they are big, fast, well coached, and aggressive and a better team than Burnet. If they lose, it will be because Burnet turned out to be the better team. End of Story. See you Saturday. And, good luck to your team.[/QB]ok, just checkin, thought you were gonna go off and be like old cardinal and be a chumpster. good post, and ill try to lighten up some, just getting tired of some jasper fans thinking they have it sealed. good luck to all the bulldawgs, and maybe kyle field will be packed out, now that would be a sight to see. hehe :D

bulldog_man
12-02-2002, 12:06 AM
I think Burnet is gonna beat us bad. Those Austin city boys will school us on every aspect of the game. I'm so scared i'm shakin. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. To the Burnet fans and players....DONT PI$$ US OFF. YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT YOU GET. GO JASPER DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

snowsnake
12-02-2002, 12:08 AM
Old Dog:
29X281....hear the latest, The Big XII is kicking Baylor out and inviting Jasper in!!! Seriously, of course Jasper is good, they should be #1 in all the polls, but they are gona remember Burnet when it's over. If Cameron can score 20+ on them, so can Burnet.Cameron scored NADA, ZIP, the big fat "0" on Jasper, c'mon Old Dog get in the game or stay on the bench. GO DAWGS!!!

bulldog_man
12-02-2002, 12:10 AM
AND ALSO....Burnet is really 13-0 wow... i feel an urge to... not really care what yall are. right now the j=dawgs are 3-0 in playoffs just like you... so dont think u won just yet

spaniard
12-02-2002, 12:14 AM
bulldog_man:
I think Burnet is gonna beat us bad. Those Austin city boys will school us on every aspect of the game. I'm so scared i'm shakin. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. To the Burnet fans and players....DONT PI$$ US OFF. YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT YOU GET. GO JASPER DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!same to you, you have no idea what you are gonna see saturday, its gonna be an awesome game. you think youre gonna stomp and romp, well its not gonna happen, i hate to burst your bubble. and crap, we arent from austin, we schooled an austin team this year, that made it to the quarter finals, maybe thats what you meant. anywhoo, humble pie isnt a good taste, neither team wants any, but one will come out with it. so get over that there is a team that will challenge and even beat you.

bulldog_man
12-02-2002, 12:21 AM
im still scared

bulldog_man
12-02-2002, 12:23 AM
all im gonna say till sat is this quote i saw once "We'll fight till hell freezes over then we'll fight on the ice" BIO

spaniard
12-02-2002, 12:24 AM
bulldog_man:
im still scared:D dont wet the bed :D

DAWGfan
12-02-2002, 10:57 AM
JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.

DAWGfan
12-02-2002, 11:00 AM
spaniard:

bulldog_man:
I think Burnet is gonna beat us bad. Those Austin city boys will school us on every aspect of the game. I'm so scared i'm shakin. HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. To the Burnet fans and players....DONT PI$$ US OFF. YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE WHAT YOU GET. GO JASPER DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!same to you, you have no idea what you are gonna see saturday, its gonna be an awesome game. you think youre gonna stomp and romp, well its not gonna happen, i hate to burst your bubble. and crap, we arent from austin, we schooled an austin team this year, that made it to the quarter finals, maybe thats what you meant. anywhoo, humble pie isnt a good taste, neither team wants any, but one will come out with it. so get over that there is a team that will challenge and even beat you.And that team is Burnet

HotDawg89
12-02-2002, 11:01 AM
I'll tell you this- Burnet's coaches are taking this game very seriously, as are the players. This entire week will be bent around anything and everything they can work on to help get us on top of Jasper. From what we've been told- Jasper has Wharton's size, Sinton's speed and a strong coaching staff. When we arrived at the field with Sinton- we watched them warm up and it was like watching a well oiled machine- really impressive, also intimidating. One of Burnet's strengths is the fact that they NEVER underestimate any team's abilities- they respect them- they just learn how to work around those abilities, and how to make the other teams abilities work in our favor.

This is going to be a very exciting game. I can't wait for Saturday.

Reveille
12-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Datapoll is updated and has Burnet (+0.5). Give me a break. Call it even and move on. Datapoll absolutely amazes me.

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
I just noticed on tsrnsports.com, they DO NOT have this game on their schedule (just like I figured). The Everman / Forney game will be webcast by them, but not this one. They let me down yet again! I am in disbelief that a game of this magnitude is not being webcast!!! :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

We should all send 'em some hate mail!

Matthew328
12-02-2002, 01:31 PM
You should prolly direct the hate mail to one of the local radio stations in Beaumont area..tsrn usually just webcasts games that are broadcast in the local markets...sometimes they do just a straight webcast but like last week..Everman's game was broadcast locally and tsrn just picked up the feed..I am sure the same thing will be the case this week...actually Everman-Forney will have 2 seperate webcasts...the Everman broadcast is on www.tsrnsports.com (http://www.tsrnsports.com) and the Forney broadcast will be at
www.lonestarteams.com (http://www.lonestarteams.com)
There is a chance yours truely will be helping out the lonestarteams broadcast like I did last year..at least I hope so I had a great time last year helping the guys from Forney out!

southern_thunder
12-02-2002, 01:33 PM
DAWGfan:

JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.LOL I think you need to learn a little more about football they havent used the penetration system for tie breakers in a long time, we now have an overtime system.

Old Cardinal
12-02-2002, 02:18 PM
To thunder, I hate to keep agreeing with you- but that post is one of the funniest ones on "penetrations" that I have read in a while. He doesn't have a clue, he must be trained by Big Daddy Russ.

St. Ivender
12-02-2002, 02:20 PM
Bulldog_fan_9:
For all you people who said Burnet has to prove themselves, WE BEAT SINTON!!!!!!. Good lord how dumb can you be. I mean come on they were'nt 1st in state for nothing. And if Jasper is as good as all you pompus fans say they are then why aren't they #1 instead of Burnet. Just food for thought.The reason Jasper isn't No. 1 is because they HAVE been beaten already this year. Jasper fans will whine that they didn't have their starting QB and that the bus ride was bumpy and Jupiter and Saturn weren't in proper alignment. I'm still on Jasper's band wagon but STOP THE CRYING!

big daddy russ
12-02-2002, 02:28 PM
Old Cardinal:
To thunder, I hate to keep agreeing with you- but that post is one of the funniest ones on "penetrations" that I have read in a while. He doesn't have a clue, he must be trained by Big Daddy Russ.OC, I think he was being sarcastic.

big daddy russ
12-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Everyone, let's clean this up. No more personal shots. People are going to start getting ROM'd if we keep this up. Let's try to stick to the game.

BurnetBalla06
12-02-2002, 05:17 PM
i dont get it .... half the ppl who post stuff dont even know what they are talkin bout. and if n e of yall trash talkin jasperians or what ever yall are called wana talk ur stuff to my face, ill c u at the game, and if u wana fight lets rumble, cuz i bet u im one the biggest freshman u have ever seen.

BB06

kepdawg
12-02-2002, 05:32 PM
BurnetBalla06:
i dont get it .... half the ppl who post stuff dont even know what they are talkin bout. and if n e of yall trash talkin jasperians or what ever yall are called wana talk ur stuff to my face, ill c u at the game, and if u wana fight lets rumble, cuz i bet u im one the biggest freshman u have ever seen.

BB06No need to mention you are a freshman. The lack of maturity behind the post made us all aware of it.

BurnetBalla06
12-02-2002, 05:53 PM
well no doubt that the dumbassness behind ur post leeds to tell us ur from jasper

BurnetBalla06
12-02-2002, 05:55 PM
dude, im sorry, but trash talkin is part of my personality ... dont think n e thing of it.

bb06

BurnetBalla06
12-02-2002, 05:58 PM
i have no prediction, all i know is the bulldogs are going to wil

Reveille
12-02-2002, 06:00 PM
BurnetBalla06:
dude, im sorry, but trash talkin is part of my personality ... dont think n e thing of it.

bb06Let me give you a piece of advise fish. Keep on and you will not make it to 10 posts before you are ROMd

BurnetBalla06
12-02-2002, 06:07 PM
what is Romd?????

BurnetDawg
12-02-2002, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reveille:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by BurnetBalla06:
[qb]dude, im sorry, but trash talkin is part of my personality ... dont think n e thing of it.

hey kid u are makin burnet look bad by sayin trash like that why do all yall fish have a bad attitude this year get over yourself
:rolleyes:

JHS_c/o_06'
12-02-2002, 06:10 PM
That is true.....Everman has ran up about 50 a week...and if my memory serves me right everman ran up 78 - 0 on lake dallas or dallas lake...something like that but i got to hear the telecast of that game and they never took there starters out...im probly gonna get someone who says im wrong or that no excuse but all 4 teams have something that the other dosent....focusing on the Jasper-Burnet game...Burnet is goin into the game with the record 13-0,that is a respectable and impressive record and im sure they worked for it. jasper is goin in with a 11-2 (should be 12-1 but i think we've established that). The only "real" loss jasper had was aginst Jesuit. The only possible excuse for that was our QB was out. Other than that, we were out played. But on the other hand....Jasper has run up a score of 113-0, thats an average of 38-0 a game....against good teams. Burnet is comming into the game with a average score record of 38-12. Now...this is going to be a good game, very good, but there are three ways this game could go
1) A close game. either a high or low score.
(most likely)
2) A near/total shutout resulting in no/little points scored by burnet.
(hopeful... :D )
3) A near/total shutout resulting in no/little points scored by Jasper.
(That would be bad)
Either way one of these teams is going to the State Finals. But i do belive that this is Jaspers year to shine....we have 39 senoirs on our team, and this could be there last game to ever play. So Burnet is going to see us play like we never have before. Its going to be an awsome game and i cant wait...even though it will be at Kyle field and i and many others will be going behind enemy lines..lol. Some say the game will be decided by the ability of the coaches or who can controll the ball. And like Coach Hill told us...You could have the best team in the world aginst the worst in the world...But it comes down to who wants it the most. And i can tell you now that Jasper wants this more than they ever have or will. And not to start anything but Burnet needs to realize that we have 39 seniors who want it more than anything. I belive that the fans and players will see something out of the Dawgs they have never seen before...and like i said this is Jaspers' year to shine, and Burnet is not the only team that has a dream. because
The time we have dreamed of is at hand, Burnet WILL fall before us.

GO BIG RED
JASPER 28
BURNET 10

PhiI C
12-02-2002, 06:12 PM
I am from Sinton but I thought that Burnet was right in going for two points. The score was 19 to 7 which is a 12 point lead. If Sinton had returned the kickoff for a td and with our players it is a strong possibility and then if we had been fortunate to got an onside kick with about thirty seconds you can bet our qb would have thrown for endzone and who knows. But the point is that had it happened one extra point would have won the game for Sinton as it was if Burnet had made the two extra points at least they would have had overtime so I think it was wise strategy they did and it was not a classless act as some people thought. The chances are slim but a lot of strange things have happened in games. If Sinton had been ahead I feel we would have gone for two points too. Anyway it was a great game and good luck to Burnet against Jasper.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-02-2002, 06:17 PM
Forget the part about Everman in my last post....i copied and pasted from one of MY earlier posts, if you want to see what its about go to the "Burnet will score on jasper" page...or something to that effect.....an i am a freshman but everything on that last post was resarched, As someone said that i was talkin trash and i need to learn more about football befor i posted again.....BECAUSE I AM A FRESHMAN DOSENT MEAN I AM A FOOL AND KNOW NOTHING

kepdawg
12-02-2002, 06:18 PM
BurnetBalla06:

bb06
if u wana fight lets rumbleI can accept trash talk but the fight comment is what I do think something of. I feel such a comment is immature and unnecessary.

DAWGfan
12-02-2002, 06:22 PM
southern_thunder:

DAWGfan:

JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.LOL I think you need to learn a little more about football they havent used the penetration system for tie breakers in a long time, we now have an overtime system.Meaning that in overtime they wont even score!!

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 06:29 PM
Matthew:
There's still no excuse. Both Jasper and Burnet have radio stations that will be broadcasting the game (via radio) :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( .

You don't have any pull in this department, do you?

<small>[ December 02, 2002, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

TivyDawgs
12-02-2002, 06:45 PM
this is a question for the biggest freshman we have ever seen...does burnet teach english or typing? jasper sure does and they also have and AWESOME football program if your freshman brain hasn't registered that yet!!! eek!

89Dawg
12-02-2002, 06:47 PM
Spaniard, I am curious what you will have to say if you lose? Or will you just run and hide? Just Wondering, don't get to bent out of shape, like the Freshman. What he might learn the hardway if he is not carefull is that there is always someone bigger, or meaner. Can't we all just get along. Well maybe after this weekend we can. Go Bulldogs! The Red Ones!

Jason1725
12-02-2002, 06:53 PM

BB06

Hey instead of threatening people about how big and bad you are how about you stay a few hours after school for some tutoring in English?

spaniard
12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
89Dawg:
Spaniard, I am curious what you will have to say if you lose? Or will you just run and hide? Just Wondering, don't get to bent out of shape, like the Freshman. What he might learn the hardway if he is not carefull is that there is always someone bigger, or meaner. Can't we all just get along. Well maybe after this weekend we can. Go Bulldogs! The Red Ones!hehe, well if we lose then i will know that jasper is the stuff, and there is no shame in losing to the team that would win state. i will congradulate jasper if, if, if they win. running and hiding isnt part of who i am. the freshman, well, hes a freshman, what else can i say about that? hehe, i dont want to fight anyone, i like trash talk, just not if it takes a bad turn like the freshman said. if jasper loses to us, i think that we will go on to win state, and if it happens, what will you say, or will you run and hide? just askin the same thing you did. i think thats fair enough. good luck to you guys too.

j dawg
12-02-2002, 09:10 PM
To Everbody,
Had a friend tell me today he saw a film on
Burnet. There team is just as big as Jasper.
Same speed and size, The team that is going to
win is the team that make's no mistake's on the
field. It's going to be the championship game of the year. Good Luck Everbody keep safe from injury's and play with honor.

Both team's should be proud they made it this far.

Matthew328
12-02-2002, 09:21 PM
If you want the Jasper-Burnet game on tsrnsports.com I would go to their webpage...there should be a phone number on there..call em and tell them to pick it up..if enough of you call I am sure they'll get it on there..tell em which radio stations are doing the broadcast it may help them out some..

spiveyrat
12-02-2002, 09:33 PM
Good idea!!! :)

snowsnake
12-02-2002, 09:51 PM
DAWGfan:

JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.That is doubt (dought???)good thing for Burnet its not a spelling bee!!! And by the way for someone that knows all about football (???), they don't use penetrations anymore. There is a playoff system used in case of a tie. Get in the game or stay on the bench. GO BIG RED!!!

snowsnake
12-02-2002, 09:52 PM
DAWGfan:

JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.That is doubt (dought???)good thing for Burnet its not a spelling bee!!! And by the way for someone that knows all about football (???), they don't use penetrations anymore. There is a playoff system used in case of a tie. Get in the game or stay on the bench. GO BIG RED!!!

snowsnake
12-02-2002, 09:58 PM
OOPs!!! Problems with the ole PC.

snowsnake
12-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Hey Jasper fans. Got some heads up from a Sinton fan today. He told me that Sinton's starting linebackers were out of the game, one with a broken collar bone and the other with a Staph infection. He also said that Sinton fumbled on the 2 yard line or the score would have been a whole lot different. Seems that Sinton also played with 3 different starters at less than 75% ability due to injuries. HMMM!!! Makes ya think don't it. Also watched some game film of BURNET today and they do have a good team. Lookin forward to a good game. GO BIG RED!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-02-2002, 10:42 PM
It's only monday and there have been 130 posts....lets try to get this one at 200.

Anybody goin to the game with a UT hat...lol....I am.

Hey snowsnake...where did u get the Burnet footage from?

------------------------------------------------------------

THE TIME WE HAVE DREAMED OF IS AT HAND, BURNET WILL FALL BEFORE US!

JASPER 28
BURNET 10

Bulldog92
12-02-2002, 11:13 PM
There seems to be an awful lot of chatter from freshmen on both sides. You guys ought to be doing your homework and not talkin' trash back and forth. You don't even know each other for cryin' out loud! Anyways, this is what we've all been looking forward to...a team that can go toe to toe with Jasper at the top of its game. We haven't had a game like this since Bay City whipped us last year. Let's all think back to that day in the Dome when they were celebrating right there in the faces of every single Jasper fan near and far and how the opportunity to achieve greatness was taken away from us. We cannot let that happen again. It makes me mad just thinking about it. None of us want to feel that way again whether it's fans, coaches, or players. There are only a few opportunities in life for any of us to do something like these kids have a chance to do. It's up to us to support these guys the best we know how in their quest to achieve the dream we've all had for so long. You guys that are going to Kyle Field yell a little louder for me and spiveyrat. We can't be there in person, but you'll know we're there. Now let's go get em'!!!! GO BIG RED!!!! (I should have saved this for Friday night, but what the hell? :D )

easttexan1
12-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Boy, this discussion took a turn! I thought we were going to have a knife fight and now it is eerily quiet. Somebody say something nasty and start things back up. I don't have it in me today, I've been sick!!!

turbostud
12-03-2002, 09:51 AM
jasper sux!

ej2525
12-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Stir the pot... LOL!!

whtfbplaya
12-03-2002, 03:23 PM
I guess ill have to come see the dog fight.

BIG19
12-03-2002, 03:43 PM
whtfbplaya:
I guess ill have to come see the dog fight.That it will be. And a darn good one! What side you will you sit on? Just curious.

Awesome Dawg Fan
12-03-2002, 05:21 PM
Well guys since all these Jasper boys like to talk smack lets refresh their memories a bit. Last I recall Jasper did not dominate 4a they got dominated. It seems to me that I remember Bay City thrashing them something like 38-7. Reagan was next on Bay Cities list 38-14. Just some food for thought Burnet Beat Reagan 33-6 this year. As for 3a who have they played? Bridge City is not in Burnet's league. Newton shut out Bridge City 21-0. Jasper beat Newton by 20 I think. Last I heard Newton gave that one to them on turnovers. Marlin handled Newton pretty easily and Burnet beat Marlin. Everything seems to point to a very competetive game. And by the way if Jasper is going to the Big XII that just means one more team that Texas can't beat.

20StephDawg05
12-03-2002, 06:28 PM
:D I am SOOOOO... proud of all our varsity team! For a small town going this far really proves that potenial is everywhere. even the places you might not expect them to be. The Burnet Bulldogs are a team to be proud of. They have all showed that they have the will become champions. This has been a awesome season. And i have been there every step of the way to cheer all of you on. And nothing will change. I'll be at College Station cheering you on...with my bulldog shirt and LONGHORN beanie :cool:

We have played hard teams and over come them. I heard Jasper played the easy teams without winning streaks. So this aint no thing!!! Well see you at the game!!!

bulldog_man
12-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Boy ol Boy. Burnet.. keep talking of last year and the teams Jasper has already played. Sounds to me like you are trying to make yourself feel better. Yall talk about last year... who cares..Bay City was the state champs the year before they played jasper. they returned 10 starters on there defense. they then went on to loose in the state game. as far as yall beating a team this year that Bay City barely beat last year. Bay City didnt do to hot this year as i heard. that just shows how teams can change. see yall saturday. bye the way, are yall any good in basketball???

bearkatdad
12-03-2002, 08:45 PM
The Everman/Forney topic has had about 50+ comments...the Jasper/Burnet topic has had about 140+...looks like Bulldog fans are more vocal..of course we all knew that!!!

BurnetBalla06
12-03-2002, 09:04 PM
im sittin on sinton side this game, cuz i havent got to feel a lost game all season, and i kinda miss the feeling ..... jk wink

i dunno its guna be a great game, thats 4 sure

bb06

fish rule 06'

Bulldog92
12-03-2002, 09:08 PM
What are you talking about, fishy? :D

Bulldog92
12-03-2002, 09:13 PM
Can we have a seperate message board on here for those who choose to substitute numbers for words and average more than five grammatical errors per post? That would be 2 cool...hehe. :D

BurnetBalla06
12-03-2002, 09:14 PM
stop callin my fishy yall are the ones who smell like tuna, and no its not from ur gr, its from in between ur legs .... gupy ...... j/k im not guna start trash again

fish rule 06'

BurnetBalla06
12-03-2002, 09:15 PM
gf***

HotDawg89
12-03-2002, 10:45 PM
First of all. . .To my little bulldog fan- you need to stop- you are embarassing yourself, and others from Burnet. I for one would appreciate that you conduct yourself a little better- you are representing a lot of people.

:o

HotDawg89
12-03-2002, 10:48 PM
To my little bulldog fan- you need to stop- you are embarassing yourself, and others from Burnet. I, for one, would appreciate it if you would conduct yourself a little better- you are representing a lot of people.

:o

spaniard
12-03-2002, 11:18 PM
HotDawg89:
To my little bulldog fan- you need to stop- you are embarassing yourself, and others from Burnet. I, for one, would appreciate it if you would conduct yourself a little better- you are representing a lot of people.

:o i agree with you hotdawg. trash talk is okay, but making yourself and your town look stupid is kinda dumb.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Does anybody know who has home/visitor side....i sure hope jasper has visitor...i just wouldn't feel comfortable sitting on the home side at ATM...lol....but i think j dawg might....j/k steve.

Colt42
12-03-2002, 11:23 PM
bulldog_man
Scrub
Member # 1751

Rate Member posted December 03, 2002 07:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy ol Boy. Burnet.. keep talking of last year and the teams Jasper has already played. Sounds to me like you are trying to make yourself feel better. Yall talk about last year... who cares..Bay City was the state champs the year before they played jasper. they returned 10 starters on there defense. they then went on to loose in the state game. as far as yall beating a team this year that Bay City barely beat last year. Bay City didnt do to hot this year as i heard. that just shows how teams can change. see yall saturday. bye the way, are yall any good in basketball???

--------------------
We'll fight till hell freezes over then we'll fight on the ice"

--------------------------------------------------

We will be even better in 2 WEEKS when we get McGee, Templeton, Shipley, and Levens back on the court.

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 12:09 AM
Prediction- Jasper's "D" outscores Burnit's "O" 14-0 they will be playing from behind and try to make things happen. Our secondary will have a field day. Our "O" will chip in 21 before pulling back and giving the JV-freshman teams some time.
Jasper 35
Burnit 0

Chris Hart
12-04-2002, 12:11 AM
BurnetBalla06:
stop callin my fishy yall are the ones who smell like tuna, and no its not from ur gr, its from in between ur legs .... gupy ...... j/k im not guna start trash again

fish rule 06'That post was totally uncalled for, smack talk about football is tolerable, but the vulgarity is simply classless. You are representing the Burnet Bulldog fan base and community when you are on this board, so you should remember that. It would be wise, to go back and edit/delete that post, before the moderators find out about it.

The more I evaluate these teams, I believe Burnet will win the game by 10+. I believe the arm of Stephen McGee will be the deciding factor. Go Burnet Bulldogs!!!

<small>[ December 03, 2002, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 12:21 AM
Your QB can only due so much. It's hard to move the chains when your in 3rd and long. and if he does'nt have time to throw deep we can jump the short routes.

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 12:28 AM
89Dawg
Can't we all just get along. Well maybe after this weekend we can. Go Bulldogs! The Red Ones![/QB]That is real sweet! say what you feel next time.

SintonFan
12-04-2002, 03:50 AM
can you feel the heat?

BIG19
12-04-2002, 08:30 AM
BurnetBalla06:
im sittin on sinton side this game, cuz i havent got to feel a lost game all season, and i kinda miss the feeling ..... jk wink

i dunno its guna be a great game, thats 4 sure

bb06

fish rule 06'guppy - might want to pay a bit more attention to what you are writing. Sinton was last week. If you continue to put the people from Burnet down like this, I for one would like you to go sit on the visitors side of the field in San Marcos this Saturday. That would be a great place for ya. You are making yourself look like an A$$ and reflecting very badly on those of us from Burnet. Get back to the books and stay off the computer until you can grow up a bit.

easttexan1
12-04-2002, 09:25 AM
Just noticed that Collier-Sharp has Jasper by 5 points. http://www.collier-sharp.com/dec63.html

espn1
12-04-2002, 09:27 AM
Burnet will be the home Team. :D
These classless post's are not making you are any other town look bad. The poster is one that looks bad. Quit playing like you're someones daddy. If you don't like someones post don't respond. When you respond in that manner all you're doing is fueling the fire. To simply ignore is the best solution.

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 08:29 AM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

pakrat
12-04-2002, 10:25 AM
RAIN in the forcast.Rain, the wildcard that trumps talent and ability, the juice that turns footballs into giant watermelon seeds that squirt
quickly into the hands of the opponent. The best team may not win under such circumstances. We may find out which team is lucky, but that is a bummer for the fans and the boys who play and practice to be the best in the great state of Texas.

easttexan1
12-04-2002, 10:57 AM
Rain? Can't get upset about it in East Texas or you will be upset all the time. Half the kids around Jasper have webs between their toes.

fred grunden
12-04-2002, 11:23 AM
PAKRAT, that was a classy post. Do you write for a newspaper or something? :)

Billy Boy
12-04-2002, 11:51 AM
Something to think about.
All time playoff appearances.

Burnet- 17

Jasper- 33

What does this tell you?

JasperDog94
12-04-2002, 12:01 PM
Billy Boy:
Something to think about.
All time playoff appearances.

Burnet- 17

Jasper- 33

What does this tell you?Absolutely nothing.

bearkatdad
12-04-2002, 12:41 PM
BurnetBalla06:

fish rule 06'Hey BurnetBalla06/fish....we know you are NOT speaking for all of Burnet with your crazy remarks...I'm surprised 3A DownLow hasn't ROM'd you yet..I'm sure they will soon..

espn1
12-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Am I missing something? I don't think rain is in the forecast Saturday.

easttexan1
12-04-2002, 12:58 PM
Intellicast says the weather for College Station on Saturday is "Saturday:
Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the mid 50s." But,,,,,, let it rain, Jasper plays and practices in the rain regularly.

bigfootsmom
12-04-2002, 01:11 PM
I understand there was an arrest made yesterday in the Jasper school. How will this affect your offense???

Chris Hart
12-04-2002, 01:17 PM
Rain, sleet, snow whatever is fine with me. Both teams will have to play in the same conditions, so it's not a factor. I would prefer sunshine and no wind, but this game will be decided by the young men on the field and coaching staffs, not the weather. Mother nature just do your thing, and we will deal with it. What a game this is going to be.

bd0707
12-04-2002, 01:22 PM
All players, all classifications, all teams, dangit keep your noses clean and focus. I hope there is no validity to the "arrest" post.

RBARKER
12-04-2002, 01:51 PM
Well I might as well chime in wink This should be a hard fought game between two great teams and I should back Jasper since they are my Reg III Div I rep. BUT I would like to see an upset of this highly touted team! Because if Jasper loses I don't think there would be enough CROW in Texas to feed the town of Jasper :D :D Any way I'll take Burnet by 7 :p

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Dogs__/Dogs__Bulldog_begs_prv.gif

<small>[ December 04, 2002, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

mojjo_1
12-04-2002, 02:06 PM
Nobody was arrested at the high school or anywhere else. That was a load of bull. Maybe a new low has been reached.

turbostud
12-04-2002, 02:12 PM
I have to agree with you on that one RBARKER. Crow, Crow, and more Crow will be served.

SETXFBFAN
12-04-2002, 02:24 PM
Wow RBarker. You are a chump!!!! Just because Barbers Hill has been playing thump thump for the past two weeks thanks to Bridge City don't hate on the team that took BC out of the playoffs. We did you a favor. Now you can say your team got beat by the team who got beat by the best 3A team in the state of Texas.

greendog fan
12-04-2002, 02:48 PM
DAWGfan:

JHS_c/o_06':
2) Jasper dosent climb mountians......we blow them up. :D Trash, Trash, Trash Thats all you little high schoolers know how to do. You need to go back to your little fish pond and learn a little bit more about football before you open your mouth anymore. Because I am hear to tell you that, Burnet is no joke. I have no dought that Burnet will win but it will be close I wouldn't be surprised if not one touch down is made and the game is won off of penitrations. There will be no way you blow us away.DAWG FAN where have you been for the last 11 years? It will be not settled on pen. ythat went out years ago. We have overtime now. I still will gp with my Burnet DAWGS by 10

greendog fan
12-04-2002, 02:55 PM
snowsnake:
Hey Jasper fans. Got some heads up from a Sinton fan today. He told me that Sinton's starting linebackers were out of the game, one with a broken collar bone and the other with a Staph infection. He also said that Sinton fumbled on the 2 yard line or the score would have been a whole lot different. Seems that Sinton also played with 3 different starters at less than 75% ability due to injuries. HMMM!!! Makes ya think don't it. Also watched some game film of BURNET today and they do have a good team. Lookin forward to a good game. GO BIG RED!!!snowflake you are melting in the sun. Sinton came loaded for bear. They did not have any injurys. Ask any Sinton poster on here, They will tell you THE REAL STORY!!!!!!

Reveille
12-04-2002, 03:13 PM
SETXFBFAN:
Wow RBarker. You are a chump!!!! Just because Barbers Hill has been playing thump thump for the past two weeks thanks to Bridge City don't hate on the team that took BC out of the playoffs. We did you a favor. Now you can say your team got beat by the team who got beat by the best 3A team in the state of Texas.SETXFBFAN, just remember that a pat on the back is about eighteen inches from a kick in the A$$. Some of you guys are going to be eating a full meal deal of crow.
I will say it again, Burnet did not get to this point in the season without being a poor team and visa versa with Jasper.

89Dawg
12-04-2002, 04:22 PM
JASPER- GYM:

89Dawg
Can't we all just get along. Well maybe after this weekend we can. Go Bulldogs! The Red Ones!That is real sweet! say what you feel next time.[/QB]Gym - Keep runnin your mouth, I am gonna see you this weekend! And if you don't have my ticket, ...Well you just better have my ticket. :p :p :p

RBARKER
12-04-2002, 04:29 PM
SETXFBFAN:
Wow RBarker. You are a chump!!!! Just because Barbers Hill has been playing thump thump for the past two weeks thanks to Bridge City don't hate on the team that took BC out of the playoffs. We did you a favor. Now you can say your team got beat by the team who got beat by the best 3A team in the state of Texas.SETXFBFAN, Jasper fans like you is what makes me want the other team to prevail. Barbers Hill could not have competed at this level this year any way so us playing B-ball doesn't matter BH will be back next year. Jasper has a great team and they have showed it all year, some of thier posters on here I think have down graded what people might think of the fans of Jasper. I know there are always a couple in the bunch but yall's are almost half and half. But this is only the opinion of a "CHUMP" so take it as you may. I wish both teams the best of luck on a safe and hopefully a well officiated game.

spiveyrat
12-04-2002, 07:54 PM
Great news, Kenny!!!! tsrnsports.com has just redeemed themselves in my eyes. Apparantly today they posted the Jasper vs Burnet game as being on their schedule for webcast!!! WooHoo! :D :D :D

BurnetBalla06
12-04-2002, 08:47 PM
i am happy to say i am now turning over my trash talk to football talk.
i think burnet will beat jasper 28-24

bb06

Fish rule 06'

classof 90
12-04-2002, 09:11 PM
just so everyone knows.. this is the best team burnet has seen since 1991. these guys are bigger, faster, and stronger. the great coach quintana once said that is what it will take to win state. BURNET has gotten nothin' but BIGGER-STRONGER-FASTER

good luck guys
proud of ya'll no matter what

snowsnake
12-04-2002, 09:46 PM
greendog fan:

snowsnake:
Hey Jasper fans. Got some heads up from a Sinton fan today. He told me that Sinton's starting linebackers were out of the game, one with a broken collar bone and the other with a Staph infection. He also said that Sinton fumbled on the 2 yard line or the score would have been a whole lot different. Seems that Sinton also played with 3 different starters at less than 75% ability due to injuries. HMMM!!! Makes ya think don't it. Also watched some game film of BURNET today and they do have a good team. Lookin forward to a good game. GO BIG RED!!!snowflake you are melting in the sun. Sinton came loaded for bear. They did not have any injurys. Ask any Sinton poster on here, They will tell you THE REAL STORY!!!!!!Hey Greenbean fan: Talked to three different folks from Sinton that confirmed first story, and reconfirmed by several coaching staff. Sounds like your lucky they were at 75%, and fumbled right before scoring on your awesome defense. All this and they still played you a close game. A few caught balls here and there and the mighty (Bernnette)-Bulldogs might have been watching this one from home. Get in the game or stay on the bench!!! GO BIG RED the REAL BULLDOGS!!!

snowsnake
12-04-2002, 10:05 PM
bigfootsmom:
I understand there was an arrest made yesterday in the Jasper school. How will this affect your offense???Hey Mom:
You have been grossly misinformed, there has not been any arrests at JHS, but the whole team may be arrested for Assault and Battery next Monday after we get through with the Green Dogs. All kidding aside rumors like this one are pretty low. Hope your team has an injury free game. GO BIG RED!!!

The_Saint
12-04-2002, 10:38 PM
snowsnake:

bigfootsmom:
I understand there was an arrest made yesterday in the Jasper school. How will this affect your offense???Hey Mom:
You have been grossly misinformed, there has not been any arrests at JHS, but the whole team may be arrested for Assault and Battery next Monday after we get through with the Green Dogs. All kidding aside rumors like this one are pretty low. Hope your team has an injury free game. GO BIG RED!!!Maybe it makes this weeks opponent, Burnet, feel better if they can find some "off field" fault with the Bulldogs (Jasper) that somehow will give them the edge on the field...PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!
Seems like I remember someone trying to stir up some unfounded controversy before last weeks game with Bridge City. Didn't work and this won't either.

I'm looking forward to a great game from two talented teams. GO BIG RED!!

JASPER- GYM
12-04-2002, 10:42 PM
29x281:
Yeah, well...

And when the game starts on Saturday, all your gonna see is wind and lightning and cows flying by and then, just when you think it's passed, boom, there goes Shipley for a TD. That would be akin to the hail storm after the tornado passes, you know like when the sky is all green and you know it looks like somethin bad.

And when it's over, nothin left for "J Dog" but to pick of the toothpick remains of his "J Dog House" and head on back to "J Town".

Seriously, a hurricane...?UPON YOUR REQUEST- ITS UNDER A DIFFERENT TOPIC BUT HERE IT IS. MAYBE A TORNADO IS YOUR BEST CHANCE AGAINST OUR "D"

29x281
12-04-2002, 10:55 PM
It's called a parody. Please tell me you understand what that means.

It was a response to Jason1725's rather ridiculous post comparing Jasper to the Galveston Hurricane of 1900. My post was intentionally ridiculous to point out how ridiculous his was.

Did you think that was serious "smack" talk.

pakrat
12-04-2002, 11:45 PM
bigfootsmom, your announcement was not confirmed by snowsnake or moiio who seem to be in a better position to know than you do. Your motives are questionable. Why try to cast a cloud over the 800+ students at Jasper High School? Or was it the 15 to 20 guys who might play a down on offense for the JDogs. Think you let your "big foots" down on the gas pedal and suddenly went too far.

whatusay2
12-04-2002, 11:58 PM
snowsnake:

bigfootsmom:
You have been grossly misinformed, there has not been any arrests at JHS, but the whole team may be arrested for Assault and Battery next Monday after we get through with the Green Dogs. All kidding aside rumors like this one are pretty low. Hope your team has an injury free game. GO BIG RED!!!Snowsnake, I couldn't resist telling you how your post was the perfect response (and it gave me a good laugh) to that awful comment. I sure hope you're right about the Jasper Bulldogs' arrest on next Monday following the outcome of the game. GO JASPER!!!

HotDawg89
12-05-2002, 12:21 AM
I seriously think there are a few people on this board who are thinking on a much more shallow level than our own 29x281. This poster seems to be mis-understood. I think his sarcasm is brilliant. It is a shame that so many of you are missing out on it. It is down right funny. But seriously guys- a hurricane? How could anyone pass that up? :rolleyes:

I am so excited about this game, I have had dreams about it the last few nights. It should be a wonderful game. In the end though, whichever teams season ends needs to remember not to cry because it is over :( , but smile because it happened. :)

Bulldog92
12-05-2002, 01:20 AM
Hey, spivey. I think that since the game is being webcast in the Golden Triangle area that we'll actually get to hear Art Lay and Coach Brack (I think) call the game. That's the best news of all.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-05-2002, 02:49 AM
Pirates were not at 100%, but neither was burnet. U play with what u have on that day and u give ur best.Both teams did their best, but burnet played a great Defensive game.

I think Burnets Defense will carry them the rest of the way.

Burnet 20
Jasper 10

I'll be there rooting for a good game. Good Luck to the Bulldogs(both)

j_dog
12-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Well, I said I would go with Harris's pick and here it is. Harris exactly picked the Burnet-Sinton margin last week. Hope he is right once more!

Jasper by 7

tiger
12-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Good luck Bulldogs!

89Dawg
12-05-2002, 12:20 PM
Bulldog92, who is webcasting the game? Do you have the link? I will be at the game but it is nice to know that someone will be carrying it from our area.

mojjo_1
12-05-2002, 12:31 PM
I'm looking for a good place to eat before the game,can anybody help? No crow please.

spiveyrat
12-05-2002, 12:46 PM
Bulldog92:
Hey, spivey. I think that since the game is being webcast in the Golden Triangle area that we'll actually get to hear Art Lay and Coach Brack (I think) call the game. That's the best news of all.That would be kind of refreshing, huh?

spiveyrat
12-05-2002, 12:51 PM
89dawg: http://www.tsrnsports.com is the site carrying the game.

BIG19
12-05-2002, 12:53 PM
89Dawg:
Bulldog92, who is webcasting the game? Do you have the link? I will be at the game but it is nice to know that someone will be carrying it from our area.I believe this is the correct link. http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-D22-Beaumont.htm

If not, can someone please correct me (as if I had to ask).

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

spiveyrat
12-05-2002, 12:57 PM
mojjo: As I remember, there's a Taco Bell along on e of the main drags (I forgot where) that has it's drive thru in the wrong direction. (Meaning you have to get your food through the passenger's window instead of the driver's side. :D

Bulldog-95
12-05-2002, 01:02 PM
mojjo_1:
I'm looking for a good place to eat before the game,can anybody help? No crow please.There are quite a few great places to eat there. For the less expensive side, you have FreeBirds, the World's Best Burritos. They have three different size tortillas and three or four different flavored tortillas (regular, wheat, spinach, and kayan, i think). Can get the works on the burritos and they are so yummy!!! For resturaunts, there is Chedder's. Wonderful food and a good variety (mexican, american, italian, seafood). There is also a Bennigan's, Johnny Corinos, and some others. Plus there is the Food Court in the mall there. Hope this helps. See ya at the game.

Go J-Dawgs!!!

bigfootsmom
12-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Actually, that information came from a student from Jasper. So i guess your students were misinformed.

JasperDog94
12-05-2002, 01:24 PM
spiveyrat:
mojjo: As I remember, there's a Taco Bell along on e of the main drags (I forgot where) that has it's drive thru in the wrong direction. (Meaning you have to get your food through the passenger's window instead of the driver's side. :D Understand that you are in Aggieland. And in Aggieland, this makes sense. :D

bigfootsmom
12-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Why do you think I would post such a comment on here if I had thought it was true. I mean, really, for a football player to give a teacher a terroristic threat, I would hope not, now or EVER.
I thought it absolutely absurd that such a thing would happen. But that is what I was told and I wanted to know if it was true or not, apparently not, thank you for clearing that up for me.
And as for your comment on the arrest on Monday, well, you might want to call your own Bails Bondsmen, you might need them.

GO BIG GREEN..!!! ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM....GO BULLDAWGS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOGS1
12-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Mojjo- the best place to eat in College Station is Freebirds. The original one is on University Dr., across from A&M and two or three doors down from the Dixie Chicken. There is also the Dixie Chicken resturant. Take South College Avenue of of University Dr. It is a mile or so down on the left (I think). Hope this helps. GO BURNET!!!!!

southern_thunder
12-05-2002, 01:58 PM
bigfootsmom:
Why do you think I would post such a comment on here if I had thought it was true. I mean, really, for a football player to give a teacher a terroristic threat, I would hope not, now or EVER.
I thought it absolutely absurd that such a thing would happen. But that is what I was told and I wanted to know if it was true or not, apparently not, thank you for clearing that up for me.
And as for your comment on the arrest on Monday, well, you might want to call your own Bails Bondsmen, you might need them.

GO BIG GREEN..!!! ONE TEAM-ONE DREAM....GO BULLDAWGS..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW So you think that a public forum on the internet about highschool kids is the place to find out the validity of a rumor like that. Strange sense of curiosity.

big daddy russ
12-05-2002, 05:12 PM
mojjo_1:
I'm looking for a good place to eat before the game,can anybody help? No crow please.Personally, I prefer the Chicken to Freebirds, but there are a couple of good restaurants right there in that little center depending on what suits your taste. Another great place to eat will be my little bro's apartment. (I'll be BBQ'ing fajitas)

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 05:18 PM
its thurs day, this topic has been open for only 4 days and we have acceded 200 posts

Fish rule 06'

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 05:19 PM
thursday***** sorry cant spell

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 05:21 PM
thursday**** sorry cant spell

bd0707
12-05-2002, 05:27 PM
Your correct about not being able to spell. It's exceeded, not acceded.

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 05:34 PM
whatever

spiveyrat
12-05-2002, 05:41 PM
can't take criticism, either.

turbostud
12-05-2002, 05:43 PM
GO EASY ON HIM, HE IS A FRESHMAN.

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 07:35 PM
Hey-we were all fish at one time...i dont see why y'all have to go bug on him. I'm not trying to start something, just stating my opinion about how we have all been through that phase. They're in high school now, its their first year, let them enjoy it without all the smart remarks.

Now this is for talking about football...alright? ok. I say Burnet is going to win..haha OF COURSE! but i have no scored predicted. well GO DAWGS! *WOOT WOOT* :D

Bulldog92
12-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Way to bring something to the table there, Steph. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 07:59 PM
<small>[ December 05, 2002, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: BurnetBalla06 ]</small>

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 08:02 PM
yeah ima sophmore u got that right. and i know how hard it was to get picked on being a fish..so no problem sticking up for u.

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: 20StephDawg05 ]</small>

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:06 PM
yall all prolly know me

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:07 PM
or my bro for that matter

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Well that would require tellin me ur name hun lol..

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:12 PM
is there a way i can tell u without all these ppl seeing?

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 08:17 PM
hey check ur mail i private messaged ya

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:19 PM
how do i check it?

Billy Boy
12-05-2002, 08:22 PM
BurnetBalla06:
is there a way i can tell u without all these ppl seeing?try using the phone

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 08:28 PM
ahh i dunno...ok just e-mail me i guess at... aandf_chick97@yahoo.com

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:31 PM
i figured it out, click on my profile at the top and scrole down

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:33 PM
does n e one here have msn instant messenger

Bulldog92
12-05-2002, 08:38 PM
This is not Love Connection, you guys. :)

BurnetBalla06
12-05-2002, 08:41 PM
it will be kenny

Fish 06'

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 08:43 PM
Sorry bout not talkin bout football lol...GO DOGS thats all i gota to say :D

DAWG 54
12-05-2002, 08:57 PM
Bulldog92 check your PM

Thanks Dawg 54

Old Dog
12-05-2002, 09:15 PM
Hurry up and use your PM before you commit PDA on the web site! Just teasing youngsters, I can vaguely recall being young once.....I think?

<small>[ December 05, 2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

20StephDawg05
12-05-2002, 10:38 PM
hehe Old Dog thats a great one...

pakrat
12-05-2002, 10:49 PM
spiveyrat:
mojjo: As I remember, there's a Taco Bell along on e of the main drags (I forgot where) that has it's drive thru in the wrong direction. (Meaning you have to get your food through the passenger's window instead of the driver's side. :D The Taco Bell you are thinking of was on TX Ave / Bus.6 in Bryan. I believe it is no longer in business, but I could be wrong.

Be wearin' my TAMU maroons on Sat.

JasperDog94
12-05-2002, 11:32 PM
I sure am glad that Jasper is on the visitors side. I don't know if I could handle sitting on the home team side. It would feel too much like rooting for A&M. Hook em!

pakrat
12-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Maybe you will enjoy having the sun in your face!

SWTdawg
12-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Just want to say, good luck to both teams (more to Burnet) and here's to a great sport.

BIG19, check your PMs.

SWTdawg
12-06-2002, 12:36 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

THROW TO LEVENS IN THE FLATS!!!

pakrat
12-06-2002, 01:53 AM
Jasperdog94 ,at Kyle Field it is student body on east side,alumni on west side,and vistors in the north end zone. Take your pick!!!!

pakrat
12-06-2002, 04:31 PM
If TAMU's new Head Coach wants to score a recruiting bonanza, he should hang around for the game and let Reveille make friends with some Bulldogs.

srch29
12-06-2002, 05:58 PM
Good Luck to both teams, but gotta stick with our J-Dawgs!!!! GO BIG RED!!!

topdawg
12-06-2002, 08:50 PM
iv been reading this all week and havent posted my prediction yet so here it is, burnet by 13

White&Crimson
12-06-2002, 08:54 PM
pakrat:
Jasperdog94 ,at Kyle Field it is student body on east side,alumni on west side,and vistors in the north end zone. Take your pick!!!!Well obviously that's not going to matter for the playoff game. I'm sure Jasper fans are going to go sit in the endzone just because that is "visitor section" for A&M games. :rolleyes: Maybe if we had the IQ, of oh, say an Aggie?
Sorry guys, but I am a UT student and can't resist. Hook em! :D

BurnetBalla06
12-06-2002, 09:28 PM
c that shows ur longhorn dumbness, just cuz we cant build a bonfire or play football good doesnt mean we are dumb, look at collage stuff on the net u have to be smarted to get im to a&m

Fish 06'

BurnetBalla06
12-06-2002, 09:30 PM
smarter*** in****

turbostud
12-06-2002, 09:32 PM
dude you can't even spell college right? come on. this is not animal house.

turbostud
12-06-2002, 09:34 PM
next are you going to tell me the germans bombed pearl harbor?