PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Texans are better?

texansfan
06-06-2007, 01:12 AM
I think they've improved tremendously. What about the rest of 3a downlow?

piratebg
06-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Only time will tell.

NHSRattler60
06-06-2007, 01:35 AM
I hope so.

Phil C
06-06-2007, 08:16 AM
If they had drafted VY they would have been in great shape but they wouldn't listen to Coach Brown or their fans.

BTEXDAD
06-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by texansfan
I think they've improved tremendously. What about the rest of 3a downlow?

Time will tell as Piratebg said.
Schaub has proved nothing, although that may still be a step up from Carr.
Ahmann Green is somewhat question mark at RB, but again probably a step up from last yr.
Need receiver(s) to complement Andre Johnson. Keenan McCardell was to visit Texans yesterday (Tuesday). I heard Kubiak say this morn on radio that Keenan still had a "lot left in the tank", but that's what they said about Eric Moulds last year.
I feel Defense will be improved, and that should keep them in most games. Realistic goal would be 8 wins and then aiming to make playoffs the following year.

buffalo2006
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
I'm tired of these people who say that if they would've picked Bush or VY they would've been good. No they would've sold more tickets and still not won games. They both had good rookie years but once people figure out not to rush VY, like A&M did the year UT won the championship and he had less than 100 total yards, then he will be forced to throw the ball with very good accuracy(which he doesn't have). Bush had a good 1-2 punch at NO which had a lot of opitions on offense and the Texans had Davis at running back that rushed for 2-1,000 yard seasons in his first 2 years. Williams will be an impact player for the Texans, he showed good signs later in the year when most rookies hit a wall he improved. The Texans will make the playoffs this year and Williams will be Defensive player of the week atleast once.

SWMustang
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
I think the Texans improved tremendously when Charlie Casserly left..

JasperDog94
06-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
I think the Texans improved tremendously when Charlie Casserly left.. :clap: :clap: :clap:

charlesrixey
06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
I'm tired of these people who say that if they would've picked Bush or VY they would've been good. No they would've sold more tickets and still not won games. They both had good rookie years but once people figure out not to rush VY, like A&M did the year UT won the championship and he had less than 100 total yards, then he will be forced to throw the ball with very good accuracy(which he doesn't have). Bush had a good 1-2 punch at NO which had a lot of opitions on offense and the Texans had Davis at running back that rushed for 2-1,000 yard seasons in his first 2 years. Williams will be an impact player for the Texans, he showed good signs later in the year when most rookies hit a wall he improved. The Texans will make the playoffs this year and Williams will be Defensive player of the week atleast once.

his accuracy isn't bad

his rating was 160+ his junior year

granted, running for 1,000+ helps open up passing lanes, but still....

BTEXDAD
06-06-2007, 03:06 PM

Although I'm bigger cowboy fan than Texan, I hope you're right about Williams for Texans' sake.
Can't see them making playoffs this year though. Remember only 4 division winners and two wild cards in AFC make the playoffs. Texans are in same division with defending super bowl champ Colts, so if they don't win South Division, they will have to get in as wild card. This means they must have better record than 10 other non division winning teams in AFC.
IN 2006, only two teams in AFC had worse record than Texans (Dolphins were tied at 6-10). All the other teams are working on getting better also.

Bull's-eye
06-06-2007, 03:59 PM
No, IMO they act like they are only a few players from being a playoff team. I disagree with them signing some of these older veterans and think they should be patient and build via the draft.

crzyjournalist03
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I think that Houston will rue the day they cut the cord on Carr...he was a very accurate passer, and it wasn't his fault that the O-line couldn't block a middle school defensive line.

Schaub will be alright, but he'll never be a stud.

Green is over the hill, and might have a decent year, maybe two tops.

VY will be better than any QB the Texans have on the field for the next five years.

buffalo2006
06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Does anyone remember VY's last time to play A&M, they shut him down. B/C they didnt rush and just stayed in their lanes at the line of scrimmage. Which made Vince TRY and beat them with his arm.
He may of had a 160+ QB Rating, 1st- College QB Ratings are higher than pros so 160 is anything, 2nd- David Thomas(tremendous effort and hands),Limas Sweed(Speed and Hands), Q. Cosby (Quick and Sure Hands, Charles (SPEED)........he had a lot of help, dont get me wrong he can run like the wind. But if people dont let him scramble and make him stay in the pocket he is horrible.

JasperDog94
06-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Does anyone remember VY's last time to play A&M, they shut him down. B/C they didnt rush and just stayed in their lanes at the line of scrimmage. Which made Vince TRY and beat them with his arm.
He may of had a 160+ QB Rating, 1st- College QB Ratings are higher than pros so 160 is anything, 2nd- David Thomas(tremendous effort and hands),Limas Sweed(Speed and Hands), Q. Cosby (Quick and Sure Hands, Charles (SPEED)........he had a lot of help, dont get me wrong he can run like the wind. But if people dont let him scramble and make him stay in the pocket he is horrible. That's one opinion. He also had opportunities his last year to run the ball, yet he stood in the pocket and made numerous plays with his arm. You can't base someone's career off of one game.

BTW - UT did win the game.;)