PDA

View Full Version : D-Day

kepdawg
06-06-2007, 12:21 AM
I don't know how many posters we have that were alive in 1944, but if there are any here I think it'd be cool if you could share any memories you have of D Day and the media coverage etc...

God bless all the soldiers and their families for the sacrifices made throughout the years!

BILLYFRED0000
06-06-2007, 06:49 AM
That was one hell of a fighting decision that General Eisenhower
made. As a good 7th day adventist I bet he hit his knees in prayer before sending the go. And it was only the beginning as it was a pretty good fight even tho Hitler screwed it up by the numbers by not allowing forward control of the panzer reserve.
Of course he still thought that the Normandy invasion was a feint and the real assault would Pais de calais.

DDBooger
06-06-2007, 07:20 AM
how big of a decision was it, only the free world was in his hands, boats from shore to shore and the whole world was watching:rolleyes: for any history buffs like myself, i suggest D-Day by Stephen Ambrose. good book. The Victors: Eisenhower and his boys. another great one. watched a movie called Ike(Tom Selleck) pretty damn good too. WWII won't be forgotten not only because of its ramifications but it was so darn interesting.

hawkfan
06-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i suggest D-Day by Stephen Ambrose. good book.

I agree, but if you want to read Ambrose and WWII I highly recomend Citizen Soldiers. I consider it one of the Best WWII works ever