PDA

View Full Version : Looking For How District 23 3a Looks

rancher
06-05-2007, 07:39 PM
TRYING TO LEARN HOW THE DISTRICT WILL BE THIS YEAR. I KNOW THAT GIDDINGS IS THE TEAM TO BEAT. WHAT ABOUT BELLVILLE, I HEAR THEY ARE LOADED AT RUNNING BACK, BUT LACK A QUARTERBACK TO CARRY THE LOAD, ARE SHORT IN THE LINE AND AT LINEBACKER. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER DISTRICT SCHOOL AND HOW THINGS WILL SHAKE OUT.

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I bet Greenwood or Andrews doesn't win it

zebrablue2
06-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Bellville will be all right this year, maybe better than last. The Sr. class did not lose a game in grades 7-8-9. I know things change, some kids don't grow as much as others but there are many good Srs. on this years team. The Jr. class is very talented also. The line will be the big question mark. I really do not know just what Giddings lost last year. Maybe some of the Buffs can fill us in.

Bull's-eye
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Looking for some more scoop on Bellville. Who is the leading candidate for QB? KL3 & FBB, what's the word in Bellville on this year's team?

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I bet Greenwood or Andrews doesn't win it

good call, str :rolleyes:

you must be excited since snyder was put at #3

LH Panther Mom
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
good call, str :rolleyes:

you must be excited since snyder was put at #3
He'll be on later....still dusting off the trophy case. :devil: :devil:

charlesrixey
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He'll be on later....still dusting off the trophy case. :devil: :devil:

LH Mom, i think we'll let him keep that trophy!
:) ;)

only 14,000 posts behind you LH MOM

Bull's-eye
06-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Some people should know better than to hijack a thread, please show a little respect. This was a 23-3a thread?? :confused:

zebrablue2
06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
maybe he knew not what he did. may have gotten 23 and 28 mixed up. not much feedback from the rattlers, buffs or leps..

Bull's-eye
06-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Looking for some more scoop on Bellville. Who is the leading candidate for QB? KL3 & FBB, what's the word in Bellville on this year's team?

TTT

KL3
06-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Bulls-eye, I was told Conley was the starting QB in the spring. And that Crawford was working at TE also. Thats all I've got right now.

rancher
06-09-2007, 09:32 PM
IN WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED OF CONLEY, HE WILL BE A VERY WEAK QUARTERBACK. HE LACKS SPEED AND HE LOOKS PHYSICALLY WEAK. LAST YEAR WHEN I SAW HIM, HE DID NOT THROW THE BALL THAT WELL. HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE IN THE WINGS, OR IS THE COACH ONLY PLAYING HIM BECAUSE HE IS THE SUPT. SON.

zebrablue2
06-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by rancher
IN WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED OF CONLEY, HE WILL BE A VERY WEAK QUARTERBACK. HE LACKS SPEED AND HE LOOKS PHYSICALLY WEAK. LAST YEAR WHEN I SAW HIM, HE DID NOT THROW THE BALL THAT WELL. HOPE THERE IS SOMEONE IN THE WINGS, OR IS THE COACH ONLY PLAYING HIM BECAUSE HE IS THE SUPT. SON. Won't be weak, quicker than he looks, has a above average arm, I am sure someone will back him up and no, he is not being played there because he is the supt's son.

Bull19
06-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye

CHANEY WAS TAKING SNAPS AT QB DURING THE SPRING ALSO

rancher
06-11-2007, 06:45 AM
IN WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED WATCHING BELLVILLE FOR MANY YEARS. THEY WILL BE VERY VERY DEEP AT RUNNING BACK. CHANEY, ABBS, NUNN AND THE SOPH. RUNNELS WILL GIVE THEM AS GOOD AS THERE IS IN 3A. HOWEVER, I MUST DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK, CONLEY IS SLOW AND CANNOT THROW THE BALL. I HEARD TALLERINE IS A TALLER AND HAS A BETTER ARM. I WAS ALSO TOLD THE QUARTERBACK OF THE FRESHMAN TEAM IS VERY FAST AND GOOD. HOPE ONE OF THESE TWO STEPS FORWARD. HAVE NO WORD ON THE DEFENSE OR LINE.

KL3
06-11-2007, 08:56 AM
The QB of the freshman team was on the varsity sprint relay team this past spring for a while and he is pretty tall. This sophomore class is absolutely loaded and I'm sure there will be quite a few of them starting.

rancher
06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
HAD COFFEE AT NEWMANS THIS MORNING WITH A TABLE OF LONG TIME BELLVILLE FOOTBALL FANS. ALL AGREE THAT CONLEY IS TOO SLOW AND CANNOT THROW THE BALL. AN OLD COACH INFORMED ME THAT THE SLEEPER ON THE TEAM WILL BE A PLAYER BY THE NAME OF MEDINA. HE WAS ON THE TEAM LAST YEAR AS A SOPH. I WAS TOLD HE IS EXTREMELY QUICK AND TOUGH RUNNER. HE IS ALSO SUPPOSE A GOOD DB. I WAS TOLD HE WAS HELL ON WHEELS AS A FRESHMAN.

bobcat04
06-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Bellville will always be a solid team. They are in a tough district and will need to play better defense in order to get very far in the playoffs. They will be okay offensively because they do have speed but as of late they have lack a big time defense and that has hurt them in the big games.

buff4life
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
IN WHAT I HAVE OBSERVED WATCHING BELLVILLE FOR MANY YEARS. THEY WILL BE VERY VERY DEEP AT RUNNING BACK. CHANEY, ABBS, NUNN AND THE SOPH. RUNNELS WILL GIVE THEM AS GOOD AS THERE IS IN 3A. HOWEVER, I MUST DISAGREE ABOUT THE QUARTERBACK, CONLEY IS SLOW AND CANNOT THROW THE BALL. I HEARD TALLERINE IS A TALLER AND HAS A BETTER ARM. I WAS ALSO TOLD THE QUARTERBACK OF THE FRESHMAN TEAM IS VERY FAST AND GOOD. HOPE ONE OF THESE TWO STEPS FORWARD. HAVE NO WORD ON THE DEFENSE OR LINE.

your saying tallerine is tall or just taller than the midget connely? because tallerine is tiny also...

buff4life
06-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Giddings has all the stars back...but lost 4 offensive linemen...we have four returning with experience...lost johnson and jarmon at tailback...that hurts...lost two d linemen...lost bradley to breaking the law and a cornerback...not sure what DCTF was looking at but giddings has a lot of finding to do to be a top contender there are a lot of wholes to fill besides the superstars...

zebrablue2
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
Giddings has all the stars back...but lost 4 offensive linemen...we have four returning with experience...lost johnson and jarmon at tailback...that hurts...lost two d linemen...lost bradley to breaking the law and a cornerback...not sure what DCTF was looking at but giddings has a lot of finding to do to be a top contender there are a lot of wholes to fill besides the superstars... Thanks for the info. Bellville's biggest question mark will also be the offensive line. I am sure about one thing, both Bellville and Giddings will put good teams on the field this year. Only time will tell just how good they can be. I look for La Grange and Navasota to be a step up from last year. Should be good district battle between all.

Bull19
06-12-2007, 04:26 PM
HAD COFFEE AT NEWMANS THIS MORNING WITH A TABLE OF LONG TIME BELLVILLE FOOTBALL FANS. ALL AGREE THAT CONLEY IS TOO SLOW AND CANNOT THROW THE BALL. AN OLD COACH INFORMED ME THAT THE SLEEPER ON THE TEAM WILL BE A PLAYER BY THE NAME OF MEDINA. HE WAS ON THE TEAM LAST YEAR AS A SOPH. I WAS TOLD HE IS EXTREMELY QUICK AND TOUGH RUNNER. HE IS ALSO SUPPOSE A GOOD DB. I WAS TOLD HE WAS HELL ON WHEELS AS A FRESHMAN.

i didnt know coffee drinkers at newmans knew everything about a quartback who barely got 2 quarters worth of game snaps in with the first team last year.

and tallerine is not taller than conley and he does not have a better arm compared to conley (football wise)......austin trahaen or however u spell the name also saw time under center during the spring.

Reds fan
06-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Who will be taking over the vacated DC position for the Brahmas?

Bull19
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Who will be taking over the vacated DC position for the Brahmas?

i was told it was a newer coach who's first year in bellville was last year i believe......dont know his name of the top of my head

CautionOrange
06-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Thanks for the info. Bellville's biggest question mark will also be the offensive line. I am sure about one thing, both Bellville and Giddings will put good teams on the field this year. Only time will tell just how good they can be. I look for La Grange and Navasota to be a step up from last year. Should be good district battle between all.

Yea, Caldwell is going to be horrible, right?

zebrablue2
06-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by CautionOrange
Yea, Caldwell is going to be horrible, right? YTBD. I realized after I did the thread. hey, I forgot about Caldwell. Put something out here about the team. Have been down, and really blew it last year. Were practically in, and then all of the sudden out of the playoffs last year. Bellville pulled the hail mary on them.

CautionOrange
06-15-2007, 08:04 PM
"Blew it" is stating it mildly, my friend. To lead by 25 with 5:40 left and have so many players not disciplined on the front during three onside kicks and having a coach not use the clock rationally is beyond comprehension. It was a Houston Oiler moment if there ever was one. Supporters were furious and the team got downright nervous.

They lost two huge games by a single point and played Giddings as well as anyone could in a closer-than-the-score-indicated 39-28 loss with so many young players. It proved it was the little things that matter, not the least of which having coaches on a different page.

This year, the team is laden with seniors. Only 2 offensive and 3 defensive expected starters are non-seniors. I'll put it this way. If the team doesn't play three or four playoff games, it never will.

strosfan
06-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I went to the Caldwell - Giddings game last year. Caldwell had a good rushing attack and played ball control. And that is true Caldwell did play Giddings tougher than what the score indicated. Who was the running back from the hornets that Giddings players had such a hard time tackling, I wonder if he's back this year?

CautionOrange
06-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by strosfan
I went to the Caldwell - Giddings game last year. Caldwell had a good rushing attack and played ball control. And that is true Caldwell did play Giddings tougher than what the score indicated. Who was the running back from the hornets that Giddings players had such a hard time tackling, I wonder if he's back this year?

You're talking about Danny Deere, I think. He was talented and graduated. Xavier Canto only played in the opener last year, but trampled over defenders to help Caldwell beat Elgin, 47-6. There was some UIL issue with his separated parents living in two cities and he had to wait a certain time period to play varsity ball. Now he's eligible and expected to possibly be blue-chip caliber. We'll see.

zebrablue2
06-16-2007, 04:48 AM
good luck to caldwell in 2007. hope the hornets have a good season.