PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 07:27 PM
:foul: :foul: Wait times for technical support.... :crazy1: :twitch: :helpme: :dispntd:

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: Wait times for technical support.... :crazy1: :twitch: :helpme: :dispntd:

We need Ranger Mom to come to the rescue

Old Tiger
06-05-2007, 07:28 PM
:foul: :foul: Wait times for technical support.... :crazy1: :twitch: :helpme: :dispntd: maybe you'll get someone with a foreign accent

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I want my mommy (Ranger Mom)

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
maybe you'll get someone with a foreign accent
I'm currently speaking with Mohammed. :D

Old Tiger
06-05-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm currently speaking with Mohammed. :D lol...SCORE!

Snydertigersrul
06-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Ranger Mom is the answer

SintonFan
06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Need help? I, at least, have a Texas accent.;)

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Need help? I, at least, have a Texas accent.;)
LOL! So.....is it the router or the modem? Or possibly the VPN? :nerd: :nerd:

SintonFan
06-05-2007, 07:56 PM
LOL! So.....is it the router or the modem? Or possibly the VPN? :nerd: :nerd:
lol
I forgot about that...:D

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 08:07 PM
My IT dept says the VPN connection is slow (ya think? :doh: ) and to contact my IP. Time Warner said "we can see you have connectivity on your modem" and to call Linksys. Linksys suggested that I contact my IP....been there, done that.....then said to connect the modem direct to the computer with the VPN connection. That will determine if it's the modem or the router. :nerd: :nerd:

Now......being the non-nerd that I am, let me run this by you and see if it makes any sense. (And yes.....I've reset the modem and the router, but not in the "sequence"...that's next.)

My wireless laptop has connectivity and internet access. The boys' wired PC has connectivity and internet access. That leads me to think that the Router is working (wireless) and the modem is working (wired).....seems to me that something is goofy with the VPN connection.

:nerd:

Emerson1
06-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Might need a new network card

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Might need a new network card
I would suggest that to our IT folks, but I learned there's another person who is having the exact same problems.

SintonFan
06-05-2007, 09:39 PM
My IT dept says the VPN connection is slow (ya think? :doh: ) and to contact my IP. Time Warner said "we can see you have connectivity on your modem" and to call Linksys. Linksys suggested that I contact my IP....been there, done that.....then said to connect the modem direct to the computer with the VPN connection. That will determine if it's the modem or the router. :nerd: :nerd:

Now......being the non-nerd that I am, let me run this by you and see if it makes any sense. (And yes.....I've reset the modem and the router, but not in the "sequence"...that's next.)

My wireless laptop has connectivity and internet access. The boys' wired PC has connectivity and internet access. That leads me to think that the Router is working (wireless) and the modem is working (wired).....seems to me that something is goofy with the VPN connection.

:nerd:
Awww man....:(

BILLYFRED0000
06-05-2007, 10:53 PM
I thought you were going to talk about the castle Aaaarrrggghhhhh. But oh well.

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I just spent the last 1:45 on the phone with the head of our IT dept. :(

And Billyfred......I guess I thought it was "talk like a pirate day". :D :p

44INAROW
06-06-2007, 09:13 AM
What is VPN?

LH Panther Mom
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
What is VPN?
Virtual Private Network :nerd:

Ranger Mom
06-06-2007, 09:30 AM

LOL!!

We are in the process of getting a new phone system, as ours is about 25 years old.

I got to learn what VoIP was yesterday....Voice over Internet Protocol!:D

At one point I just started laughing...the guy doing the demonstration was using so many initials, VoIP, IP/TDM/IP, ACD, ARS, etc.....I felt like I was 2 years old and my parents were spelling the words out again!!

44INAROW
06-06-2007, 09:30 AM

oh - I bet that is what the tech guy was talking about when he did the wireless thingy on Lil44's laptop =- Does it make it where someone else can't "piggyback" off our signal or something like that?

LH Panther Mom
06-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Woohoo!!!!! It was the VPN server. It's been rectified, so now I can work. :)