PDA

View Full Version : elkins baseball coach....fort bend isd

maestro
06-05-2007, 11:54 AM
The situation in Fort Bend County had been building for a while. It started with an elementary school teacher who tried to find love on the reality show, "The Bachelor."

Parents, students and a handful of school employees protested outside the district's administration building. They say they want to make sure that the superintendent knows that they are still not happy with his decision. It was a small group looking to make a statement.

"We are trying to teach our kids who are here to stand up for what they believe in and for to stand up for an injustice," said concerned parent Cathy Hines.

The injustice they are protesting is over how the school district superintendent punished former Colony Bend Elementary School Principal Tammy Carpenter, for allowing one of her teachers to miss more than 20 days of school to appear on the ABC show, "The Bachelor".

"I think he just acted before he had enough information and then based upon that action I think it was too late for him to turn back," said parent Fred Carpenter.

Carpenter who was with the district for 15 years is married to Rick Carpenter, who resigned from the district as the Elkins High School baseball coach. They both have found new positions for jobs these parents say should never have had to apply for.

18handicap
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
And all of the days that the teacher took off were UNPAID. The principal still gets reassigned / demoted, so because of this, FBISD loses a good principal and a great baseball coach. He is going to Prosper from what I've read. My parents live in FBISD, and they would like to cancel paying their taxes because of the horrible management of that school district.

Emerson1
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
So what exactly are the parents mad about?