PDA

View Full Version : The Bathtub Test

Ranger Mom
06-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I don't know if this has been posted before or not...if so...deal with it!! :p

The Bathtub Test

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time, and this should help get you started.

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

DID YOU PASS, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE?:D :D

jason
06-05-2007, 11:07 AM
cant we just share a bed?

Ranger Mom
06-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jason
cant we just share a bed?

Speaking of....

I addressed this last week and don't know if you ever saw the post or not...

...how long has it said that in your location?? Someone had to point it out to me!!:p

jason
06-05-2007, 11:23 AM
been a month or two...haha....

Mot'r Boat'r
06-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't know if this has been posted before or not...if so...deal with it!! :p

The Bathtub Test

It doesn't hurt to take a hard look at yourself from time to time, and this should help get you started.

During a visit to the mental asylum, a visitor asked the Director what the criterion was which defined whether or not a patient should be institutionalized.

"Well," said the Director, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the patient and ask him or her to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," said the visitor. "A normal person would use the bucket because it's bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No." said the Director, "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"

DID YOU PASS, OR DO YOU WANT THE BED NEXT TO MINE?:D :D

.......was this an attempt to be funny????

i'd just tell the doctor to leave the bathtub full.....so that way i could motor-boat w/ the nurses!!!:D

Phil C
06-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Mot'r Boat'r
.......was this an attempt to be funny????

i'd just tell the doctor to leave the bathtub full.....so that way i could motor-boat w/ the nurses!!!:D

:D

Phil C
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
I know I've told this before but it doesn't hurt to repeat it. A man is driving by a mental asylum. He has a flat and parks right by it and a patient on the other side of a large fence comes over and watches him. The man gets out, gets the spare and takes off the hub cap and puts it on the trunk and then lossens the bolts and puts them in the hub cap. He then jacks up the tire to take it off. He puts on the spare and then reaches for the hub cap to put the bolts on but unfortunately he drops the hub cap and the bolts fall into a drainage hole right by there and the bolts are lost in it since it is a deep hole. He looks around in dispaire and doesn't know what to do.
The patient says "Mister just loosen a bolt from the other three tires and use them and that will hold it till you can get to a garage and get some help."
It takes a few seconds for the man to understand this great solution and then he realizes that this is a mental patient that has told him this. He stairs in amazement at the patient.
The Patient says "Mister I may be crazy but I'm not stupid."

:D