PDA

View Full Version : Good News Sinton 66 and Sly

Phil C
08-27-2003, 09:30 AM
The UT Women's Soccer Team is ranked in top ten nationally and could challenge for the national Championship! Not bad for a program that is still fairly new to UT just like softball. And the good thing is that the Lady Aggies also have a good soccer team so women's soccer is starting to get popular in Texas. :)

Phil C
08-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Don't get me wrong because I really like football and will be attending football games this fall. But I also enjoy Women's soccer (yes I left off the Men's soccer). Those women play great close games. Last year in the NCAA college tournament three of the games were decided by one point and one by two points so the games were close and could have gone either way. Also in the women's pro soccer league the semis and final games were all decided by one point and one of them had penalty kicks. Edge of the seat excitement. Check that against Pro football super bowl records. There have been 37 games. As far as close games (7 points or less and we would add 8 in more recent years due to 2 point conversion adoption) there have been 9 close games. As far as respectable (8 to 15 points) there are 5 games. This means that 23 games were one sided which you would not expect from top teams. Yes 60 percent of the super bowl games were boring one sided affairs. I am not knocking football now but I am showing the record. That is what is so great about women's soccer. Close games that could go either way. My favorite sports are football, women's soccer, women's volleyball, men and women's basketball, baseball and softball.

slpybear the bullfan
08-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Don't worry Phil. This is a very open-minded board and we WELCOME all sorts of diversity...

...and, my preacher said I HAVE to quit getting so upset about communists sports like soccer and volleyball.

wink

BTW, DID YOU KNOW THE SPURS WON THE 2003 NBA CHAMPIONSHIP?

sinton66
08-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Nah, we have plenty to talk about without communist soccer! Volleyball is ok, as are most other sports. Cheap imitation futbol (communist soccer) is just boring. :D