PDA

View Full Version : Employees, associates, co-workers

CenTexSports
06-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Having read about Ralene, I got to thinking about strange people I have worked with. The story below is about one of the hardest workers I have ever had working for me. If you have a story, share it.

I was sitting at my desk one afternoon when the phone rang. It was James, an employee that had been working for me for several months. James told me that he needed to take a leave of absence. He informed me that they had just finished his trial and that even though he had been found guilty his lawyer said he had a good chance for an appeal and could come back to work in a week or two. Since James had not missed any work and had done such a good job, I told him just to keep me up to date and if it was just a week or so not to worry about it.

Several weeks passed and I had not heard from James so on the next Saturday I was playing golf with an assistant DA and a captain of the Highway Patrol. I asked if either knew of James and I told them what he had told me. The DA new of James and told me that he had sat in on his trial. In fact he was able to give me a recap of the DA's questioning of James.

DA: James on the day in question, did you buy drugs from a man?
James: Yes sir
DA: What happened next?
James: He gave me some bad stuff and I took it back to him.
(editorial comment- James must have thought he was on
the Wal Mart plan)
DA: Did he refund your money.:
James: No sir
DA: Did this make you mad.
James: Yes Sir.
DA: James, did you hit him with a large rock?
James: We got into an argument and I hit him in self defense.
DA: Did it kill him?
James: Yes sir, I think so.
DA: James, if he was dead from a self defense blow to the head with a large rock, why did you cut his throat?
James: Well, I was just so aggitated and everything, I just lost control. But he was dead from the self defense.
DA: OK James, you bought some bad drugs, took them back, got into and argument, hit him with a big rock in self defense, and in a moment of aggression, you slit his throat. Is this correct?
James: Yes sir.
DA: James if we are to believe you then can you tell us why after all that, you took his body out to the country and ran over him twice with your car?

At that point, the assistant DA I was playing golf with informed me that James would not be returning to work until between 25 and 50 years.

GreenMonster
06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
AWESOME!!!! James sounds like a really cool guy. I bought some bad drugs once too and I wanted to do all those things but I was just too chicken to follow through. That's probably a good thing though since I've known the pharmacist since I was just a little kid. I would hate to have to sit in trial in front of his kids that I went to school with.

luvhoops34
06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Raelene tried to shoot her second husband when he filed for a divorce. They ended up struggling for the gun and she was the one who got shot in the chest. She lost part of one lung and was in the hospital, mental and otherwise for a couple of months. It actually ended up being a good thing for her because she got on the medication she needed. She was lucky because no charges were ever filed against her.:)

pirate4state
06-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Raelene tried to shoot her second husband when he filed for a divorce. They ended up struggling for the gun and she was the one who got shot in the chest. She lost part of one lung and was in the hospital, mental and otherwise for a couple of months. It actually ended up being a good thing for her because she got on the medication she needed. She was lucky because no charges were ever filed against her.:)

:eek: :eek: :eek: HOLY CRAP!!!

Ranger Mom
06-05-2007, 09:48 AM

OMG!! I think I am scared of YOU now too!

You actually choose to stay friends with her. :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

luvhoops34
06-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! I think I am scared of YOU now too!

You actually choose to stay friends with her. :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Hey, I haven't had much to do with her for the last ten years. She married a real low life biker guy that I didn't like. It's been just since she got rid of him that I've started hanging out with her again.

FYI: I wasn't around when she shot her second husband or all the ensuing mess that occurred after the fact.:)

Ranger Mom
06-05-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey, I haven't had much to do with her for the last ten years. She married a real low life biker guy that I didn't like. It's been just since she got rid of him that I've started hanging out with her again.

FYI: I wasn't around when she shot her second husband or all the ensuing mess that occurred after the fact.:)

I hope she doesn't go after the vet like she did her husband!! :D

pirate4state
06-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I hope she doesn't go after the vet like she did her husband!! :D Maybe she should! :eek: :eek: :o